Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Where the Wild Things Are

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Victor gave a little grin, and then settled himself. His senses, as an Irraka, were just that bit sharper than the others when it came to doing things like this. He knew there was a locus nearby. All he had to do was let his Luna-given senses show him where. The Hisil might not be something he liked, but it spoke to him. He understood its ebbs and flows.

Because that was what it was to be an Irraka. Not to be a sneaky bugger, but to be the one who was out in front, alone, in dark places.

Yeah, he was that.

"Ain't ever been. Too cultured for me. They'd see me comin' a mile off and call the coppers."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-26 12:32:07 Victor Baines rolls 10 to Wits 3 + Investigation 3 + Primal Urge 2 + 2 (10 Again) 10, 7, 6, 6, 9, 2, 9, 4, 3, 7, 5 3 successes

K
    Kazakin

Marcus peers across the Gauntlet, and a pleasant, spacious graveyard takes shape in front of his eyes, the lush green of the Hisil fading away. The gravestones look almost like garden themselves, and the growth here is green and healthy. Clearly, this place is benefitting at least in that way from the attentions of the Green Men.

It's dusky though, and without good light, it's hard to pick out the edges of the place.

Fiona and Nick don't pick out anything out of the ordinary. The graveyard here is peaceful and well tended.

Victor feels the locus calling to him from the centre of the Graveyard. It looks like it comes from a particular rockery that's been set up as part of the landscaping. There's a rose blooming in the centre of it. That is the representation of the Locus on this side.

L
    LadyVictris

Satisfied that, for now, the plants were not about to attempt eating them, Fiona turns her attention back to the group. "Ony joy, guys? Seems like this place is aw clear on this side fur now."

C
    Cross

Nick kept a watchful eye out. "Seems okay," he nodded his agreement with Fiona, turning to the Baines Brothers. "Bloody unnerving, though. Very verdant for a graveyard."

Green Men. Resurrection. In his mind, last night's episode of the Walking Dead flashed through his synapses before he could shut it down.

K
    Kazakin

"Aye, I got the locus here. It's a flower. Obviously. It's probably a locus of fuckin' horticulture or somethin' swanky like that," Victor gestured at the rose in the rockery with the barrel of his rifle. Goddamn flowers. It was a good thing none of them had hayfever, or this would be a chorus of sneezing.

His gaze flickered up to the trees, a nasty little reminder that yep, they were totally surrounded. The little green buggers seemed tolerant for now, but that didn't mean something might not set them off.

"Whatever the thing is that's messing with stuff here is, it's probably not coming from this side,"
    he added. "Y'think those little buggers'd let 'em desecrate the place by diggin' it up?"

C
    Cross

Nick smirked slightly at the rough Brit's last comment. "Would be amusing to see someone try," he quipped, his eyes flicking in the general direction of the trees. The Green Men were a swarm of bitey little fucks from what they looked like. They'd probably make mulch out of anybody who tried digging up their 'sacred grove'.

"Good find." He nodded to Crosshair. "I got a thought. Anybody know how big the graveyard in the mortal world is. 'Cause I'm betting the police aren't set up in the middle of it all. They're probably watching entrances to the property as would be common sensical, 'cause there's CCTV to cover the main site and people don't just teleport into the middle of graveyards. I can pick out the cameras no problem and deal with 'em from that side if we need to. Might be we could scout it out some and find what we're looking for quietly - and the locus lets us enter in the middle of the yard rather than comin' in from the outside, so we avoid the watch cars. What you think?"

He looked to the others, wondering what they thought about his plan. His Gifts of Shaping and Technology would let him fuck cameras up no problem, and he could always loop a camera feed if he had to.

I
    Irina

"Indeed, quite clear," Marcus corroborated, giving a short nod as he studied the graveyard. That was helpful at least. If they had had to engage in some sort of battle so soon into their crossing, it would have been terribly trying. Marcus did give a brief thought to the other team, but not too long; only enough to wonder how they were faring. When they met up again afterward the two groups could share their progress, or lack thereof. He only hoped there would be something pertinent to give Deathwright.

The possibility of speaking to her again with nothing to show for the last few hours of investigation was rather discomfitting. And Marcus was a man who had dealt with dangerous, man-eating creatures from a young age.

"I don't think they would allow that at all, no," Marcus answered his brother. The Green Men had taken some cajoling and bargaining to just allow the four of them through the investigate. Whatever had been done had been without these spirit's consent.

"From what I can see of the other side, the Graveyard is fairly substantial. If you think you can do that, do it," Marcus suggested to Nick. He was going on a lot of Faith on the Rahu's skills; technology wasn't especially his forte, but the other man sounded sure enough. "We can observe on this side."

L
    LadyVictris

The Cahalith nodded in agreement with Victor's assessment; while they had that proved passage into the Grove could be bought, it was doubtful that such disrespect would be tolerated. "Dae ye think it might be worth askin' them if anyone's tried, but? They'd probably remember something that likely tae piss them aff."

When Nick suggests stepping across to scout out the mortal world, Fiona looks a little doubtful. Since there was no obvious damage on this side, he was right that they should look, but the Bone Shadow wasn't convinced it would be that easy.

"I'm no' so sure they willnae be patrollin' the graveyard itsel', especially if this's happent mair than wance. And I cannae sneak fur toffee. Maybe just wan o' us should go through first, just tae check things out on that side? Like Marcus said, the rest o' us can keep edgy ower here."

K
    Kazakin

"Sounds like one for you, Marc, I ain't gonna have a pretty little chat with 'em. Besides, things with big teeth love you," the Irraka sniped at his brother. But he'd just seen one too many photographs of a proud River Walker with a fish that had no right to exist, with teeth long enough to take a bloke's arm off. Fish that the older Baines brother had put back in the water.

It was like he actually thought they deserved life or something.

Conservationists.

It wasn't like the fish wouldn't eat him if the positions were reversed.

"Probably smart. Wanna draw straws?"

C
    Cross

Nick looked thoughtful for a moment, smirking slightly at Victor's remark about teeth. He wondered what the story was there. "Could be worth the asking," he agreed."I agree that only one of us should cross to start to check for live patrols... and I'm not great at hiding from cops, either." He frowned slightly. "By the way, River Walker - is there any chance you can check for any visible cameras aimed at where we'd come through?"

He figured it would be best if they didn't suddenly appear in the middle of the graveyard on camera.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.