Ended
Watch

Park It Somewhere

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    W
    WakingDream

Vincent Continues waiting for the other non changelings to leave before examining the bird closer. He looks at Tally and sketches a quick: 'thoughts on what it could be? I have no idea.

I
    Irina

Vincent spoke in a slightly louder voice as he tried, and he guessed, probably failed to get a few more people moving. The threat of disease was usually enough to get those who cared about their health, to listen. "I vaguely remember hearing about a dying animal in a zoo contracting TB, not so long ago. You never know what park birds are carrying either."

But maybe his heart wasn't really in the distorted truth? The words sounded hollow even to the ears of the winter Courtier. To the other Vincent, he shook his head - he didn't have his own pad to write anything, and he was logically hesitant to be vocal about his thoughts on the creature.

Recalling that there had been another Lost hanging around several minutes before, Vincent quickly scanned the thinning crowd to see if she had given up and continued jogging or was trying to come up with her own plan of action. He was curious as to the reasons behind this thing coming out into the open, but any further investigation on that would need to wait until the path was clear of people.

Failure to spread the lie.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-21 16:19:43 Vincent rolls 4 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 4 failure

S
    Selena

Ion’s looking around wasn’t in vain. She saw a few unique footprints by the gate’s entrance. But, considering this was a common Trod in Sacramento it was unclear who they may have belonged to. Despite that, there was one set of prints that seemed to have been moving quickly then coming to a stop; countering and turning back to the gate. There was an odd-looking rock a few paces from the gate. It was exceptionally round but dull in color.

After Tally’s question, some lady answered. “It was just laying here I think.” Another guy turned to Vincent L. and shrugged.

“Yeah, well you never know with wild animals and shit. Dunno about TB though.” But that particular guy took an extra long hard look at both of the Vincents before looking at the bird again and then to the place where the Trod Gate was.

I
    Irina

Vincent knew that his ability to see into the heart of people was incredibly shaky at best. He had a dimly formed idea in his mind that, before he was stolen away to the land of eternal damned mazes, he had not been much of a people person at all. He didn't dislike people, he was sure, he just... thought that his puzzles were far more interesting than the human condition and what not.

His time in Arcadia hadn't helped. In the maze anything or anyone that came after him was just trying to kill him, and what said scary things were thinking or feeling didn't matter much. All that mattered was his anxiety and his terror. It wasn't selfish, but a survival instinct. When someone was coming at you, grinning maniacally and wielding a weapon, they why of the situation was inconsequential.

But standing in the park, studying the odd bird and the Gate, and then seeing the man who responded to his lousy attempt at spreading a lie, Vincent really wanted to get an idea of motivations. The man could just have been another curious onlooker, or he could have been the reason the creature was here. The Wizened simply didn't know, and he wanted to.

1 success to Empathy.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-24 16:56:51 Vincent rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 7, 4, 7, 6, 1 1 success

W
    WakingDream

Vincent walks over to the gate and examines it as well. Maybe there was something there that would lend a hint to this mystery of theirs.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-26 02:26:30 Vincent Azlan rolls 4 to Wits + Invest (10 Again) 9, 8, 8, 7 3 successes

Ion quirks a glance at the foot prints, though the odd stone takes a firm hold of her attention. She kneels down to get a better look, though her cautious holds her back from touching random things. Part of her wonders if it is all just randomness or if parts connect, but it is just a passing thought...

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally takes some time to study the Hedge creature, given that it looks to the others as a real bird, it's clear that it's a Fae creature given the mask. The question becomes, if it isn't a Hobgoblin then what general species is it? It's not a Changeling or it would appear as a person to the normals, right?

What kind of dreams or nightmares could create you, birdie? She wonders.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-28 22:44:04 Tally Benoit rolls 5 to Int + Occult (10 Again) 9, 7, 10, 10, 4, 4, 10, 9 5 successes

S
    Selena

Labyrinth may have had a hunch that the guy looking toward the cement pillars aka, the Trod Gate may have seen something.

Azlan may not have seen the stone, but he did see footprints which he could deduce they were in a hurry by the way they were pressed into the soft ground beneath.

“Okay, unless someone else plans on calling the city park offices I can. They should probably come remove it.” The guy mentioned in passing as a few more people left. He didn’t really make any eye contact with anyone, just kept looking around the park and then at the bird.

Tally could clearly determine it was clearly a hedgebeast.

ooc

I
    Irina

"I would suggest that, yes. I'm afraid I don't have their number. Where you here when the bird first came down?" Vincent asked the man conversationally. He watched only briefly as Azlan stepped toward the gate to investigate. He could take a gander himself soon enough; but it might help some to get a little more information from those present by the creature first.

It might have been a shot in the dark, but it was still a shot.

Ion looks up from the stone back to where the group is gathered around the bird.

"Hey look its the things egg..." She said jokingly as she shook her head and glanced back to the stone. For some reason she felt like this had all been a waste of perfectly good jogging time.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.