Ended
Watch

A meeting with Albert

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is quieter.

The silence is almost palpable.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

Though the low lit area which is heady with the bright scent of fresh lemons.

Tiny Martha is limping along...making use of her cane...hobbling between the Meeting Chamber and around the open space.

A carafe of freshly made iced lemonade and tall tumbler glasses rest on the otherwise bare coffee table.

A top hat and cane and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest...her hair dyed raven black for the evening...a hint of ruby red lipstick...a generous sprinkle of lavender scent...minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse...white gloves...the fishnet revealed a muscular leg, well suited to a dancer or athlete...her other was a metal C-Leg from high up her thigh.

[[ http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3...aaszatanna.jpg ]]

Paying attention to her environment examining the various fire extinguishers nearby. Checking for tampering.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

Albert arrived on time as per usual when the Herald requested his presence. He checked over his charcoal grey suit one last time before descending into Elysium. Having grown accustomed to Martha's offering of lemonade, he could smell the scent of the fruit as he approached.

He prepared himself for the Herald's hospitality and then knocked lightly upon the door announcing his arrival.

-1 vitae to drink

Martha Villiers

PRE

Seeing Albert go to the door to her chamber and knock upon it, she smiles and hops and skips, taking care to be wary on her high heels, over to beckon him over to her sofa area.

Hobbling carefully, she speaks with friendliness and warmth.
    "Ah! Good evening, Mr Sawyer! I do hope you are well! As you see...I am not in my chamber. Did you wish to speak with me in private there, sir...or..." and with this she waves her cane towards the sofa, "...join me over yonder?" another happy smile.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

Albert looked up - momentarily surprised to find the Herald outside of her office and then viewing her unexpectedly different appearance . "Hello Miss Villiers," he replied warmly. With a brief glance at her functioning leg then to her prosthetic, She must've been one hell of a dancer at some point, he thought to himself. His sense of smell was active and he detected the lavender. The Ventrue's eyes gravitated to her face - the sight of the lipstick surrounding her white teeth all added to her sweetness. Well this must be a special occasion indeed. He was charmed by the night's change from their usual meetings. It made him feel chivalrous and a bit more bold than he normally was, "I will happily join you," he strolled over to her and offered his hand, "May I lend you some support?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Spotting Albert seeming to pay attention to her flesh leg, Martha became a little bashful.

Smiling sweetly, she hobbled over to accept Albert's offer. It was well meant, even if she was surprised by it. Offering her arm to meet his chivalry and kindness, she nodded.

Limping heavily now, her prosthetic dragging, she soon stood at Albert's side.
    "You are quite a gentleman, sir! If you had been in the armed forces you would have easily made officer rank!" she giggles merrily.

"I say! I hope you are well!" she asks with obvious and sincere interest.

Half way to the couch, she pauses. Wondering if, instead, she should try to amuse Albert with a tune on the piano. She smiled, rubbed at her hip and looked to Albert.

S
    Savnok

Martha's kindness always made him feel so much better, Albert's cheeks blushed and he smiled as she complimented him. "Thank you Miss Villiers. It is the very least I can do for you." He was proud of the friendship he developed with the Herald. The neonate supported her weight steadily and without any complaint. He walked in unison with her pace so as to avoid any misteps. "I am quite well. I certainly hope you are in a good state of affairs tonight," he replied happily.

When Martha suddenly stopped and rubbed her, he looked at her with concern thinking he inadvertently troubled her, "Miss Villiers, are you alright?" He then noticed the piano and put the two together. Duh. He quickly followed up, "Do you play?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

"I am truly delighted to hear you are well!" Another happy smile. "I do play, sir...shall I play something for you, sir?" she blinks gently and takes the chance to lean on Albert. "Would you wish to chatter while I play?" she asks. Clearly wondering if Albert would like that.

S
    Savnok

With Martha's body propped up against him, as much as his emotions had dulled since the Embrace, he felt something close akin to genuine happiness. Perhaps Sawyer was fooling himself, regardless, he relished the feeling of not having to worry about his Requiem. It was simply himself and the only person he fully trusted in all of Sacramento.

"I would be honored, Miss Villiers," he placed a hand upon her shoulder for additional support and subtly express his fondness. "I would love to hear whatever you wish to play. I always enjoy our dialogues together."

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you, how kind, sir!" she chirped.

Martha seemed to take comfort in Albert's closeness and aid. She smiled sweetly to him. Wide blue eyes bright as she listened.

Soon she had made her unsteady and stiff way to the piano and sat down. With a happy swiftness she flicked the tails of her black coat behind her as she sat on the stool. It was a deliberately playful and theatrical gesture.

Tiny Martha was soon playing a gentle cascade of light melody. Something strange by Erick Satie:

http://youtu.be/sKaFVB_AIRo

Smiling, she seemed to watch Albert...as if waiting to simply listen to what, of anything, he had to say. There seemed to be no rush.

S
    Savnok

Albert smiled in return. He felt very fortunate to have come this far in such a relatively short span of time. He took his seat on the sofa and watched with interest as she prepared to play. Sawyer listened to the Herald play.

fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-16 23:37:37 Albert Sawyer rolls 5 to to discern what song Martha is playing on the piano (Int + Wits) (10 Again) 4, 5, 4, 2, 7 failure

It was a song he had not heard of before, none the less, it was enchanting. "Miss Villiers," he whispered just loud enough to be heard as he did not want to disrupt the melody, yet his sincerity rang true, "you play marvelously. I am enthralled by your performance."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread