Watch

Starbucks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma sipped on his coffee as he listened to the other Warlock's words. "Hong Kong? Hmm, can't say I've been there before," he said in response, giving the man a little nod. "Perhaps I should add it to my list of places to visit before I die..." he let his words trail off as a smirk formed on the corner of his lips.

Before he could ask the obvious follow up question, Kite beat him to the punch. Thus, the young Mystagogue opted for remaining silent as he continued to drink his coffee, curious as to what the monk's answer would be.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

It was a wretched day. The space he had rented was a cramped dump with no security and no hint of magic in the air, so there was really nothing to stay inside for.

Well, it's your own fault isn't it? Let's go and try to find some friends if we can.

So he took a beige coat from the closet nearly causing it to fall on his head and stood in front of the mirror making ridiculous faces at himself for a few minutes. Apparently satisfied, he relaxed the muscles, drew them into a convincing smile, took some basic magic precautions and went out.

Wondering the streets looking at them through Supernal eyes was something he very much enjoyed to do. It wasn't too long before he got tired though, so Ermon started looking for a place to sit down and drink something hot.

And, undoubtedly, brewed horribly.

Spotting a Starbucks nearby he decided to come in and order some cappuccino. While the order was being prepared, he waited at the counter, tapping a slow rhythm on it and looking around with a smile.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-15 01:29:10 Ermon rolls 7 to appear content (Manipulation + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 8, 3, 7, 8, 7, 6, 3 2 successes
    2013-03-15 01:28:24 Ermon rolls 7 to Misperception (Gno + Mind + HS) (10 Again) 4, 10, 10, 1, 8, 3, 7, 7, 5 3 successes
    2013-03-15 01:27:25 Ermon rolls 7 to Mental Shield (Gno + Mind + HS) (10 Again) 3, 3, 9, 10, 2, 1, 1, 7 2 successes
    2013-03-15 01:26:40 Ermon rolls 7 to Third Eye (Gno + Mind + HS) (10 Again) 8, 6, 10, 8, 10, 7, 2, 3, 1 4 successes
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"I received a Dream... A vision. A golden future, but one won at cost and through great trial. I wish to help, to bring this future to pass, out of all the other possible futures... And so, I have come." The monk stared at his coffee cup: seeing, but not seeing. He smelled the aroma of coffee once more, rising like incense.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker took a sip of coffee to help down the rest of that croissant. She listened to the slight exchange and couldn't hide her bewilderment over Uncarved's reason for being in Sacramento. She too had dreams from time to time that seemed to be some sort of portent, but never anything grandiose. Still it had seemed like ages since she had experienced anything significant.

"That is..." Weavebreaker tried to think of the right word but one rolled off her tongue regardless. "...odd."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

While waiting, Ermon looked around the room. One particular company caught his attention. Especially the gaunt man. There were spells around him: a flicker of thought, a trace of emotion that went into their making.

"Thank you, beautiful. Also, three muffins and some cookies, please."

He comes up to the table, trying to time his arrival with a pause in conversation. Thankfully, that isn't very intense.

"Hello. I'm very sorry for intruding, but I was wondering..." - he hesitates for a moment, - "I mean, I'm knew in town, and I was wondering if I could trouble any of you for some directions. Like, you know, places to visit and stuff. Oh, and I come bearing gifts." - he points at the food with his coffee.

After a few moments, the man gives a small start:

"Sorry, my name is Ermon. Just Ermon."- his gaze lingers on the lanky willworker for a moment with all the usual thoughts racing in his head:

Pentacle, Seer, Banisher? Even if Pentacle, is it safe to talk to him? And the others: Awakened or Sleeper?

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker turns to the new arrival bearing gifts, though she does not think she can eat anymore after the croissant.

"Uh Hey. I am Ana." She glanced to her fellow awakened for a moment, unsure whether the newcomer was a willworker or just friendly and new to town. She did her best to keep her resonance almost nonexistent, partly due to the fact that her home was supposedly in banisher-turf. That often meant she went without protection of shields or the perception of mage sight, but the anonymity held its' benefits.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved imbibes, the muscles of his face relaxing as he takes in the aroma of the coffee. His narrow eyes drift over to the newcomer but the bald man of monkish aspect says nothing.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened to the other Mastigos speak about his dream, interested in the subject. After all, the Supernal hid messages in dreams from time to time, and it was quite possible that Uncarved had received a prophecy of some sort that had brought him to Sacramento. The young Mystagogue wanted to ask the monk further questions about the dream, but he knew this was neither the time, nor place for such things. And just at that moment, someone else approached their table.

"Hello," said the Warlock, offering the man a polite smile. "Are you looking for a specific place you wish to visit here in Sacramento?" As usual, the Censor approached the situation with caution, since he wasn't sure of whether this man was simply a Sleeper or something more. After all, he did not know the guy, but the name he used was somewhat unusual. "I'm Bastian by the way," he added after a moment's consideration, and with those words he willed the eye of his mind to open, triggering the Unseen Senses of the mages around him.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-18 08:47:15 Aenigma rolls 7 to Gnosis+Mind to cast "Third Eye" (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 1, 5, 10, 5, 5 2 successes

Kite cast a startled look at the newcomer as he spoke, but otherwise did nothing except to sip his coffee.

“I’m Steven.... Hi.” He nodded and smiled in greeting after the stranger introduced himself as ‘Ermon.’ His eyebrows shot up immediately as he sensed and saw Aenigma’s willworking. But he quickly turned his attention back to the stranger, wearing an inquisitive expression.

Kite attempts to surreptitiously scrutinize the stranger...

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon pulled up a chair and sat down, viewing Bastion's words as an invitation. As he was doing that he sensed the willworking and allowed a corner of his mouth to twitch in a smile. It seemed he wasn't wrong in assuming that not only the gaunt man had something to do with the Awakened. After Steven introduced himself Ermon sensed that someone at the table was being overly curious. And it was unlikely to be Bastion. Scrutinizing someone right after willworking was just ignorant.

However, there was no proof, so he was prepared to let it slide. Well, almost.

Ermon raised an eyebrow at Steven and rubbed his ear slightly smiling. He almost gave the man a wink:

"Well, hello, Steven. Glad that I caught your attention. I you don't mind me asking, do you find me attractive, hon?" - both Ermon's voice and his pose implied that he was somewhat more gay than the lead of Scissor Sisters in their videos.

Pretending to be ridiculously gay
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-19 00:38:13 Ermon rolls 8 to I'm gorgeous (Wits + Subt + Spec) (10 Again) 10, 2, 2, 2, 9, 3, 10, 9, 8, 5 5 successes

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread