Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

With drinks like hot chocolate, vanilla spice latte, caffe mocha and food like sandwiches, paninis, and a wide selection of pastries, Starbucks seemed like the ideal spot to stop for a quick drink. It didn't hurt that there was always a Starbucks around the corner, either.

It was a nice change of scenery; from a shady card dealer to a place where you can enjoy a coffee on a comfortably couch with pillows. At this time of day, there was relatively few people. Besides the three employees only one customer sat in the corner with headphones in making full use of the free Wi-Fi.

Weavebreaker held open the door for Aenigma‎. "After you..."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Usually Aenigma would've insisted to hold the door instead, but he kinda had a feeling that doing so would've been somewhat insulting to the Obrimos. We live in the 21st Century. A woman can hold the door open for a man, thought the young Warlock to himself. He offered her a smile and gave her a slight nod. "Thank you," he said to her as he walked into the coffee shop. Once they were in line, he scanned the menu items with a quick glance before turning back to Weaverbreaker. "So, what would you like?" he asked, implyin that he'd pay for it.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"I think a large...I mean venti black coffee..." Weavebreaker glanced over the menu, feeling a bit hungry as well. "...And a toasted butter-croissant..." She looked back to Aenigma. "What are you in the mood for?"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma flashed her a quick smile before turning to the barista. "You heard the lady," he said to the guy working the register. "I'll have a venti white mocha for myself." Once the guy rang up the order, the Warlock handed him a bill to pay it off. "Had a craving for something sweet," he said as he turned back to the Obrimos, his smile widening into a grin.

S
    Solaris

Hachiman pushed in the door and looked around for a moment. He didn't really expect to see anyone he knew here, but always looked around as a force of habit. He pulled off his sunglasses and put them into a pocket on the inside of his leather jacket and adjusted his black tie before walking up to the counter. "Black coffee, please. Dark Grande." He pushed forward exact change in cash and stood quietly as the cashier took his money and poured his drink. After after taking it from the Barista, he sat down at an available window seat and opened up a newspaper he had been holding underneath his other arm to the business section and seemed to relax a little after taking a slow, cautious sip at the hot coffee.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

With coffee and croissant in hand, Weavebreaker turned to see Hachiman enter. She gave a nod to him before she turned to continue her conversation with Aenigma. "I am amazed with how hungry I am. Then again I really did not eat much this morning..."

Weavebreaker gave a modest shrug as she settled down on a vacant couch, adjusting the pillow slightly for comfort. She leaned forward and rested her coffee down upon the table and opened up the paper bag that held her croissant. Pulling off a piece and eating it she puts the paper bag down onto the table.

"It has been a while since I have been to a Starbucks..." She says after a swallow.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

The time had come. Uncarved, tea drinker, had decided to acquire the taste of coffee, which appeared to be the beverage of choice for the Sleepers who lived under the Consilium of Sacrament. And so it was that the Warlock had pounded the streets of the city seeking a quiet place to drink. Spoilt for choice would be one term (one that he would not employ himself) that could have characterised the morning's endeavour. Puzzlement and overwhelmed were possibly closer to the mark.

And so the monk enters this Stabucks. His threadbare coat billowed slightly about him as he quietly entered, eyes distant as they scanned the menu. At least this coffee house was almost empty, which would give him time to fathom the strange terms and descriptions. Perhaps the staff would have the time to enlighten him?

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma noticed the Asian guy that she nodded to, but did not recognize him. "Skipping meals will do that to you," he said in response, letting out a soft chuckle as they found themselves somewhere to sit. "Yeah, I typically don't do Starbucks myself. I have a preference for the privately-owned sort of places, you know?" The young Warlock offered her a quick smile before taking a sip from his drink, glancing back at the Asian guy. "A friend of yours?" he asked, turning his attention back to Weaverbreaker.

Out of the corner of his eye, the Mystagogue noticed the bald Mastigos surveying the menu. Hmm, I remember him from the Cabal meeting. He was that quiet guy, he thought to himself, wondering if the man had ever introduced himself or not.

S
    Solaris

Looking up for a moment after finishing an article in the paper, Hachiman looks back to the woman that had nodded in his direction when he first came into the building. She seemed to be sitting with another man talking now. He picks up his coffee and sips it for a moment, putting down the paper in order to turn and look out the window, letting the cup warm his hands as he held it up. I wonder what Americans talk about, he thought, absentmindedly to himself.

The thought didn't last long, and he let his eyes drift to and fro at the cars driving by. He was already bored with the workweek and was not much looking forward to heading back to handle all the appointments he had lined up for it. He was glad that he made the effort to stop in for a coffee, as he rarely frequented a Starbucks since being in the States. He closed his eyes for a moment and let his mind wander elsewhere for a little.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved held the steaming cup with its chunky plastic lid in both hands. He still had no idea what he had purchased - a grande... something... and felt desperately awkward. The monk made first for one of the smaller tables but then appeared to notice @Wavebreaker and her companion Aenigma . He drifted towards the pair, nodding his head as he approached. Slowly. The cup was hot in his hands.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread