Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Welcome to the Den) Manly Shopping

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Skaald makes his way out to the truck and waits for @Nick Munroe and @Rawlins to join him. "You're driving," he says to Nick, "and I got shotgun. Rawlins rides bitch." He gestures to the back of the cab. "How much space you think those appliances are going to need? And is there a time limit on those deals? We should hit that up first probably then the hardwood store." As much as Skaald would like to head out to the woods and find a big ol' oak or something to use for the table, that would probably take too much time, and as far as he knew it could be illegal.

ooc

Rawlins
    Rawlins

PRE

Rawlins doesn't need to be told twice. He scrambles into the back of the cab without a complaint.

C
    Cross

Nick jumped in the drivers seat and buckled up, smirking slightly at the idea of the old wolf riding bitch. Starting up the beast, he asked, "Y'all smoke?" and offered the other men access to his pack of Marlboros before taking one himself and lighting up. He did open his window to allow for ventilation, not wanting to blow smoke in the guys' faces, but he didn't smoke in the Den. That wasn't his right.

Pulling out onto the road, he thought for a second about the appliances and their space. "Gotta see 'em first. I'd say if we wait on these deals we'll lose them. They are ridiculously cheap. In fact, you may want to call 'em up while we go Skaald, let 'em know we're interested." Checking briefly to make sure there were no 5-0 watching, he offered the Norseman his phone with the number pulled up as he drove down the road.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

Chaplain trots out after the trio and watching them pile into the truck, he shakes his head and hops onto his trike, following behind with a hearty roar after starting the engine, keeping up behind the truck, grinning towards Rawlins who seemed to have been relegated to the back.

Rawlins
    Rawlins

PRE

2 sux perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-16 16:46:17 Rawlins is perceptive rolls 4 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 9, 3, 5, 8 2 successes

Rawlins, cooped up in the back with nothing to do, notices Chaplain following behind. He half turns in his seat, gesturing. Don't look at me, man. I only work here...

Skaald flashes a grin at Chap as he sees him grab his trike and follow behind. He's glad that the Beta had decided to come along. He accepts the phone from Nick but refuses the cigarette with a polite shake of his head. He knew some of the pack smoked, and with Uratha regeneration he was fairly sure that their metabolism could handle it, but it just wasn't something he'd ever picked up. Besides, he had had bad enough experiences with caffeine in his system. He didn't want to even think what nicotine might do. Then again, plenty of dogs sit around getting second hand smoke from their humans all the time. Maybe it wouldn't be any worse for canines than for humans...

He punches the "send" button on the phone and waits for a pickup on the other end. When he gets an answer he quickly explains that he had seen their add and that he and a few friends were coming over to take a look at the equipment right away, telling them to be sure to hang on to it. After the brief call he hands the phone back to Nick.

"So, commercial grade cooking equipment? I thought you were a stage hand or something. Where'd you learn to cook on that scale?"

C
    Cross

Nicky gave a little shrug as he drove, removing the cigarette that was hanging from his teeth for a moment and blowing the smoke out of the window. "You know the guy who sets up and run the big fireworks and light shows that go off during concerts?" He poked his own chest, as if to say 'thats what I do'. "But you work in a city like Vegas doing that sort of shit and you learn that most people are shitty at cooking en masse - and they don't pay for the good caterers for techies. So I started cooking for the tech crews." He gave a little shrug and a smile. "Making things go boom is fun, but cooking turned out to be a passion."

He went back to his cigarette, taking a deep drag of it as he turned right.

Skaald laughs at the explanation and then nods. "I get that. We all need our passions in life. It what makes it fun, and worth living." He gestures off to the side of the road. "Looks like our first stop right up there. Let's make it a quick talk and start loading the equipment before they jack up the prices," he smirks as he speaks. His ancestors were raiders...Skaald wondered if this counted. Of course, IKEA also grew out of that country, so I guess we can call it even.

As they pull up he continues the conversation. "So, what about you, Rawlins? What makes life livable?"

Rawlins
    Rawlins

PRE

"Now that is a tough one..." Rawlins mused, finger to his lips for a moment. "Once, I think I'd have said the buzz you get when you make a good deal... but now... now I'd have to say... finding a secret." The Elodoth gives a quiet, secret smile; for once the shaggy haired man looks like a Bone Shadow: mysterious and enigmatic. "How about you?"

C
    Cross

Nick nodded, pulling over as they got to the first stop. "Lead on," Nick said, perfectly content to let Skaald do the talking. He opened up his door and lit another smoke, dragging deeply on it as he stepped out. Once they were good to go, he held the restaurant's front door for the other two wolves.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last