Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A trip to the theater

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The evening's show was already in progress, but not by much when the time came for Arnoud to visit Twist at the theater.

Just inside the entrance to the antechamber of the theater a female stood waiting for Arnoud. From her dress it was apparant that she was one of the ushers. Small flashes of movement could be seen from the various bars scattered about the room from bartenders clearing up from the preshow crowds and restocking for the intermission.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud entered the antechamber of the theater, dressed in a suit that 'married chicness to conservative colors'. At least that's what the guy that had given him this suit had told him, had believed to be true. To Arnoud it was just another suit, hardly distinguished from all the other modern designs. The 'conservative' black was hardly a surprise, he didn't see a lot of different colored ones. Arnoud had contemplated wearing white but decided against it as it attracted the eye a little too much for his tastes.

Checking to see if there were a little too clear reflective surfaces nearby -unlikely if Twist entertained her own kind here often but indicative of a healthy respect for (ghouled) security if present- Arnoud moved slowly towards one of the ushers, expecting to be recognized and not particularly liking that thought.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Arnoud was the only one entering the room as the show had already begun, it was not hard for the usher to spot him. Moving toward him with a smile she stopped a respectible distance away,

"Ms. Torsione is waiting for you- just follow me please."

The girl then lead him up some stairs, through a door and down a hallway until she came to another door. Opening it she pushed it open so that he could go in, but showed no signs of following herself.

Once he stepped inside, the door would close behind him and he would find himself in one of the balcony seats. There were a few chairs scattered about, but only one was occupied. Below him he could see the performance in full swing as the music swelled in a particular emphasis of a performer's actions.

Twist was dressed in a modest evening gown- deep copper satin that hugged her chest and fell in a straight line to tease the tops of her feet. A black sheer material covered that, making the copper only visible with the right angle. Her hair fell in curls down to her mid back, black pearls strung through it. A black mask covered her upper face, embellished with pearls to match those in her hair.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud followed the girl, the respectable distance she'd stopped at had had a calming effect on him. He hadn't been that nervous but meeting an older Kindred on their turf was never something he felt comfortable with.

Upon entering the balcony he stood motionless for a moment, taking in the view of the dark shapes below, the acoustics and sound... and trying to decrypt what it meant that they were here. The dark masses below could be symbolic of the anonymous or powerless, mortals or perhaps those of less refined Blood. Their seating far above the rest, unseen and superior could be easily explained too in this case, but what about the performer and the music?

Setting aside such thoughts for a moment Arnoud approached Twist slowly and silently from the side, not interfering with her experience. He gauged the situation a moment, if she was of similar Blood she might very well be entranced by the performance and Arnoud knew how thoroughly difficult and unenjoyable it was, to shake oneself from such a reverie. Still, if there was a glimmer of doubt he'd have to speak up or be considered rude.

"Good evening, Miss Torsione." Arnoud whispered softly, barely audible as the performance was reaching a particularly powerful part, a modest smile on his face just in case she stirred.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist turned at the sound of Arnoud's voice, the low lighting of the balcony room keeping her eyes hidden in the shadow's of the mask.

"Arnoud! Good evening to you as well- " her voice pleasant as she greeted him. "Please, have a seat." She motioned to a seat next to her.

"I am glad you could make it on such short notice. You seem the type to always have a hundred things to do and never enough time in the night to do them all." After he had taken the seat she shifted slightly in hers so that she faced him rather than the show below them.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you." Arnoud says with a smile as he seats himself next to her. A bit too close for comfort with old Blood but ritual demanded it be the seat she indicated. A dominant woman.

"Well, you know how they warn against idle hands..." he says as he mimicks Twist's shift in posture so they looked at each other from a comfortable angle. Arnoud reminded himself that he was most likely found himself looking at a heartbending mindrapist with even more unknown capabilities and added.

"But for you, Twist, I make time."

She'd better not start licking her lips.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist laughed lightly, "The very reason I try to keep those around me occupied."

Twist smiled at him, but didn't reply. Instead she glanced down at the show as if to gather her thoughts before turning back to him.

"Sacramento seems to suit you well Arnoud. Your covenant is no doubt stronger for your presence. I know the Prince himself is aware of the growing strength there."

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud did not speak as Twist glanced away but instead looked at the creature he was sitting. Most of his breathing days he would have found sitting beside such an alluring woman an absolute godsend he wouldn't soon forget. Those days, however, had long since given way to undying nights of solitude and fear. Even while Arnoud appreciated Twist's aesthetic qualities and, he subconsciously had to admit, her feel for setting and decor on an intellectual level he found this stirred nary an emotion other than distant envy.

Association with Heathcliff and other neonates had some unforeseen side-effects as even these subconscious contemplations had previously been alien to Arnoud... ever since the loss of his Sire however he was... lessened.

Following Twist's glance Arnoud tries to see what fascinates her. Unsurprisingly she looks at the show, when Arnoud returns his eyes to his Priscus he notices she once again faces him. What did those old eyes see?

As she spoke Arnoud contemplated his response for but a moment. He didn't know what part of the conversation this was; pleasant prelude, subtle set-up, perceiving positions.

"You give me too much credit, Twist." Arnoud says. "I'm merely helping the covenant steady itself after the recent unforeseen drop in membership."

It was tough to steer clear of attention when you are Prefect but Arnoud was trying his damnest to downplay his own efforts.

"But I am heartened to hear the covenant's efforts to once again become a stable part of our society have not gone unnoticed by such luminaries as the Prince and yourself."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave a wry smile to the man next to her, "I try hard not to inflate ego's other than my own. But no, your groups actions have most definitely not gone unnoticed. However, I will warn you Arnoud that when you have such notice given to your covenant, and thus to you" she waved a hand in his direction, "you must be careful of how you act, how you show yourself, and" she paused as though coming to the main point of her dialogue, "how you speak. It is not always a good idea to use words in such a manner to imply something you don't want to be implying. Such as potraying important city officials in a manner that suggests you are setting up a hit."

"As a Daeva though, I am sure you are aware of such subtleties and that it won't happen again. I much prefer your company as a fellow Daeva, and not as a Hound Mission." While Twist's posture and facial expressions were entirely pleasant, Arnoud could her the underlying threat to her last words. And while her smile was just as charming as it was a second ago, something about it would make Hannible Lector proud.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud eyed Twist with undisguised surprise and dismay in his eyes. Clearly Arnoud had expected to meet with the Priscus and now it appeared he was speaking with the Hound. A most unfortunate fate for one so innocent and pure of heart as Arnoud, to be sure.

"I thank you very much for your concern, Twist." Arnoud replies immediately, no second of deliberation there. Twist's masked face and terror-inspiring smile had sparked Arnoud's latent ability for rambling.

"I'll make sure to more thoroughly control the ambiguity my communication in such a manner that there can be no doubt as to my peaceful intentions. Like I said I seek to be nothing more than a stabilizing factor and absolutely detest the use of violence."

"I assure you, how
    my words or intentions should come to be so misconstrued is beyond me."

Catching himself from rambling even more, Arnoud pauses and blinks before he asks, actual concern in his voice:
    "Might I ask who or what it was that sparked your much appreciated concern? For if there is someone that so easily translates my talk of peaceful resolutions to such violent things I should know, in order to prevent further misunderstandings if it was an honest mistake or keep a closer eye on any untoward violent tendencies."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread