Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1302) Lou and Anya I.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ciara Maskelyne

Of all of those who entered, it was Anya Ivanova that attracted Lou's attention the most. He couldn't place any woman of that size in the freehold, and there was something about her demeanor that seemed to resonate with Lou. He approached the Ogress and bowed deeply, before standing and offering his hand in greeting. "It would be my greatest pleasure, Madam, to make your acquaintance."
    The approaching Fairest wasn't easy to miss; there were few men tall enough to force Anya to crane her neck upward to look them in the eye. Though this one was, making the Ogress wonder if he was another Gargantuan, or if he was just naturally that tall. Still, he had a pleasant presence to him that brought a soft grin to the woman's lips that her mask couldn't hide. Oh, he's a big one...

She bows her head respectfully to acknowledge his bow, reaching out to take the man's hand and offer it a firm handshake. She knew she would stick out tonight; and you never knew when others were sizing you up, one way or the other...

"Ah, but would not that be difficult, given the theme of tonight's affair? After all, I thought the purpose was so that no one would know who they were acquainted with?" There was a playfulness in the woman's words, and an eagerness to see how Lou would respond.

C
    C_Lloyd

As Lou took the Ogress' hand, he gently lifted to his mouth and placed a kiss against the back of it, just like they do in the stories, before releasing it. He smiled at Anya's response, glad that she was engaged in the masquerade on more than an obligatory level. It would make the night more interesting and fun, by far.

"Indeed, you are correct, my lady. But a mask can hide more than a face."

Lou smiled wryly at the gargantuan. "You may call me Marcus, Madam, " he added with a wink.

Ciara Maskelyne

Anya has to resist rolling her eyes at the kiss and "my lady"; this guy had seen too many Disney movies growing up...

But, he was a pleasant enough conversationalist, and it was nice to stand next to a man tall enough to make her feel a little more normal. She nods her head in agreement to his statement about masks.

"Very true. And it could be said we have more to hide than most..." She had to choose her words carefully since they were in public. She was also pretty sure Marcus was not the man's real name; it would ruin the fun of the whole evening after all.

"A pleasure to meet you, Marcus. I'm Zaria." Her smile perks up a little at the wink; she might as well have a little fun tonight as well...

"I must say this is an interesting way to become introduced to everyone. Everyone I meet tonight I won't be able to recognize tomorrow." There is a soft chuckle, perhaps at the futility of trying to get to know people tonight or perhaps something else...

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou smirked slightly at Anya's statement, as it revealed more than the Gargantuan might have thought.

"But that's the beauty of it, isn't it? Tonight, you don't get to know anyone, and it's liberating, exciting, romantic, new . You see sides of people that you thought you never would. But I'd suggest you just treat tonight like only tonight exists. It'll help keep the ceremony of the thing strong, don't you think?"

As Lou finished his sentence, he couldn't help but turn his attention (albeit briefly) to the rather striking gentleman who entered and made his way to the bar. He smiled and bowed briefly in his direction before turning back to Anya.

Ciara Maskelyne

Anya can't help but chuckle at the man's words, shaking her head softly.

"I do not know how much of the other side of people you will be able to see tonight, it is a formal function. I doubt anyone will step too far out of their normal character. But it is nice to be as unknown to others as they currently are to me."

As the soft sound of her laughter fades, she takes a moment to think over his words more; studying the other Changeling a little more before speaking again.

"Though, you make it sound like you are looking forward to being someone other than yourself, Mr Lucas. Is that to keep in the spirit of this evening, or is it something more?" A slight grin perks up the edges of her lips, watching as his attention moved from her to another who had just entered.

"Someone you recognize? Isn't that cheating?" She adds, the grin turning into a full-blown smile as she teases Lou.

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou was somewhat frustrated by the fact that his companion didn't seem to grasp the idea of the ball. Tonight, everyone was someone else, and who they were any other night didn't exist. Regardless, he did his best to conceal his disappointment and play the role he had designed for himself.

"I don't know what you mean, " replied Lou with a wink. "I have only ever been myself, and I have no interest in being anyone else." The Draconic smiled wryly. "And no, I don't recognize that man at all, nor anyone else heretonight."

Well, Almost thought the Draconic, as he there was at least one who stood out. But he tried his best to ignore it.

"So, Zaria, tell me. Do you dance?" Lou tried to turn the subject away from the nature of the event and just live it. It was a ball, after all. What was a ball without dancing?

Ciara Maskelyne

Anya gave Lou a quizzical look; he didn't seem to be making any sense. First he talks about seeing sides of people you don't get to see, and then he insists that what he is tonight is what he's always been...

The Ogress decides to let the topic drift away, giving Lou a bemused smile to try and move on to another topic. Sadly, the next topic was dancing...

She shakes her head softly; her dark hair falling around her bronze mask. "I am afraid not. All of my coordination lies in more... upward directions." The last thing she wanted to do right now was draw attention to herself by make a fool of them both on the dance floor.

Ciara Maskelyne

Bump

C
    C_Lloyd

"That's a shame, " replied the draconic, with a smile. "Everyone should learn to dance."

As if on Cue, music started playing in the main ballroom. "For occasions just like this."

Lou briefly pondered dragging the lady onto the dance floor, but in an effort to be diplomatic, he decided against it. "But barring dancing, what would you like to do tonight?"

Ciara Maskelyne

Anya can only shrug her shoulders softly. "As you can imagine, it is rare that I have the chance to try.

As for tonight? I am doing it right now. This is my first chance to meet everyone. And even if I can not put names with faces tonight, it is nice to at least make myself known.

What about you, Mr Marcus? What are your plans for the evening?"
    There is a hint of playfulness in her voice, the Ogress wondering just what the tall man was after this evening.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread