Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Water under the bridge, and in my glass please.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

In one of the many bars littering sacramento Stephen was sitting at the bar. Taking occasional sips from the coke he hard ordered, having made sure that there wasn't any kind of alcohol in it. Which without any kind of chemestry kit was just asking the barman nicely to make there wasn't anything non-alcholic in there. Which got him a rather wierd look from the barman.

Still just a few days ago he had seen adam again. Even though both of them didn't have much time they had gotten to an agreement to meet at this bar today, to get each other to know a little bit better.
    Tenabre
    So Stephen was just sipping his coke while he wiated for the lion to show his face.

T
    Tenabre

Adam slicked his hair back as he saw his reflection in the glass of the door. Little flicks of hair bothered him. He managed to avoid further reconditioning of his appearance and entered the bar. He grinned widely as he spotted the doctor from the other side of the room and hastened across to him, taking in the scent of pool tables, alcohol and peanuts.

As he sat down, he patted the Wizend on the shoulder.
    "Ayup, Stephen." He smiled, removing sunglasses. "How's the head?"

He ordered his own drink, a jack and coke and made himself comfortable.

"Hello Adam." Stephen greeted the lion with a smile on his face. "A lot better now, the day after that party though I wished my head would just vanish." He whinced at the memory of that dreadfull day. "Please don't let me ever get drunk again. I don't even remember what I did at that party except a few fragments of talking to you and the other guy, the big ogre Completely forgot his name. Please tell me I didn't act like a complete ass."

K
    Kazakin

Rook's frequent patrols took him into a great deal of bars. This was because bars were good places for people to congregate, and also because as in any city, Sacramento had a great deal of them. His patrols also took him to a lot of parks, warehouses and residential blocks, but they were just that bit less noticeable. That, and they didn't particularly serve food.

His mirrored sunglasses flashed in the white-hot flares of his Mantle as he walked in. His riveted hands were held down by his side, carefully avoiding even the slightest contact with surfaces, or the various drinkers as he approached the bar. Spotting the two Lost there, the Metalflesh felt a very slight half-smile flicker across his lips. There seemed to be a near universal rule that if alcohol was served, a Changeling would show up, sooner or later.

He leant against the bartop, waiting to catch the bartender's eye, and glancing along to the two others. He'd seen them, but never spoken to them directly.

Which in the case of one of them, was really rather concerning.

Enemy piece?

"Good evening," he said amiably.

T
    Tenabre

"You acted half-assed, does that count?" Adam gave a wide grin at Stephen as he took his drink. "I'm just glad you didn't throw up on me."
    Adam quite liked Stephen, the guy was polite, nervous, he didn't seem the type to stab a guy in the back. At least, so far. The ogre? What was his name again.
    He looked up and over Stephen at the newcomer, smiling and nodding towards him.
    "Evenin'." Politeness paid. He turned around to lean on the bar. He briefly recalled the night at the Winter Courts crowning and remembered his own part to play in the amount of drinks down Stephen's throat.
    Which to be fair. Was the ogre's fault as much as his. More so in fact.

A suddenly spur of memory came to him as he looked back to Stephen.
    "Leon! That's who you mean. God damn me now if he's settin' me up to drink with him again."

Adam's comment did not reassure the nervous wizenend in the least. Even more the vagueness of the answer just let his mind wander trying to figure out what the lion could have meant with that. At adam's next comment the older man burried his head in his hands from pure embarrasment. "Please tell me I made it to the bathroom and I didn't redecorate the entire room with what I got in my stomach for everybody to see at the very least." Stephen spoke up in a muffled tone, sounding throughly embarrassed from even the idea of doing that in front of the entire bloody freehold.

As another man greeted the two of them Stephen looked up. a slight bit of shock at seeing the imposing man quickly morphing into a pensive frown as he was sure he had seen the man before. Just not exactly where. He obviously should have seen the man somewhere, the guy's mantle obviously marked the man as an important person in the summer court. "Evening yourself." the doctor wasn't really sure how to go from there. Adam seemed to ignore the man after the politeness was out of the way, but he obviously looked important and not a person one should easily ignore. Stephen fidgeted a bit on his barstool as he tried to figure out what to do.

"I think that could be his name yeah. Not really remembering much, I'm a horrible drunk." Stephen sheepishly stated the obvious. "But I'm sure going to be watching what I'm handed to drink from now on." He hoped the man didn't take any offense to them continuing their own conversation. Unconciously he kept glancing from adam to the iron man who looked as if he could pick the fragile wizenend up and crumple him like a soda-can.

Nova was wandering around the city. It seemed good enough, there were plenty of small boutiques in an area with cobblestone. She had heard someone call it ‘old’. But she continued to walk along, the wind of her mantle rustling through the dyed-blue mohawk she wore. Over one shoulder she carried a backpack, it was for on the spot make up adjustments, and in the odd case she could find someone who wouldn’t mind if she turned their face into a piece of art.

At least the walking was calming, it gave her a chance to learn the city, see if she could pick up any of small signs the Lost used when they frequented an area and were friendly to strangers. The sigil that had lead her to the Four Seasons might have been a fluke, she wasn’t a mind reader.

It was perhaps by chance that the Lace-porcelain marionette noticed the walking silver-steel man ( Rook ). It was the strength of the Flares on his skin that attracted her eye. It wasn’t normal if you could assume that anything was normal. But it would be a way to see if the locals were friendly...especially if he was what she the thought he was, instead of a living statue or something.

She followed him lightly, taking the time to cross the street delicately, the golden scissors shook slightly in their bonds within her torso. Nova paused for a moment, as she noticed he entered a bar, to regain her equilibrium.

Then with tentative steps, she followed him into the bar.

She wasn’t a drinker, but just knowing that there was another of her...unique condition (as her mother would have said if she knew or cared) was helpful enough. Then the appearance of a cat-man-thing ( Tenabre ), and a short man ( Jokor ) that she couldn’t stop staring at in fascination.

Whoever did that make up job was a true genius, and Nova knew Genius.

Good Evening.” She said as she approached, entranced by the colors on the man’s skin.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

S
    Selena

Rolls made by ST's on behalf of players for a discrepancy. Please feel free to continue

Nova 2 Suxx to follow
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-17 17:32:57 CtlN rolls 4 to W+Stlth+Spe (10 Again) 9, 2, 7, 8 2 successes

Rook 4 Suxx to spot
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-17 17:33:17 CtlR rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 1, 8, 10, 9, 6, 7, 8 4 successes

K
    Kazakin

Rook felt the atmosphere of the bar tugging at him, the crowd a frustration that aggravated the Board. Anyone could be dangerous. The Lost in the area had to be kept safe from potential threats, in here, or anywhere else. That was his job.

Enemy piece! Capture!

The klaxon alert of the Board was almost staggering in its command, but he held it back. He wasn't the instrument of the Board - he used it, not the other way around. That was the essence of what it was to be Summer. As he leant against the bar, and the porcelain girl leant next to him, he spoke in a low, calm voice.

"Good evening," he said quietly. The Board's cry hadn't faded, but few things were quite that black and white, though his thoughts were often locked into those simple extremes. "Haven't seen you around before."

He had no intention of being lax in security. It was against his nature.

Watching the Manikin for her reaction out of the corner of his eye, the movement hidden by the mirrored sunglasses, he glanced towards the other two at the bar. The other Summer Courtier's attitude was perplexing. He seemed utterly uninterested in meeting others of the Summer Court, despite having been in Sacramento since the Winter Coronation. Rook even knew him by sight.

"I believe there's some people you've neglected to meet," the Red Victor said quietly to the Lion. "Might be a good time to make those introductions, tonight."

T
    Tenabre

"Sounds a little cloak and dagger there, friend," Adam had turned his attention to the metal man, "Sorry, Stephen, two seconds mate."
    He slid his way across to the new man, offering a brief smile and nod to the mohawk-ed lady that'd come in, and smiled. He held out his hand in a motion to shake.

"Adam Lavish, pleasure."

He remembered himself and used his free hand to remove his sunglasses as he did so, looking the man in the eyes. And stopped himself from shuddering.
    This man seemed a fair degree more serious than many he'd met so far. Hadn't Leon mentioned a metal man before? Something about him never being too far away whenever Leon was having a drink.
    Adam opted for maintaining his smile.
    Wait, the man had said tonight?

"Or sorry, was there some event or such you'd wish me to introduce myself at?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread