Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne is relieved to see people she recognizes. That and the lack of hostile defenses.

"The knife that was with Rosh is acting weird. Weird past what I'm comfortable dealing with. I'm hoping you all have some ideas?" His expression and demeanor almost answer her question for her. "I uh..should I let my willworking go?"

As Ariadne walks up to the Mages, the HORRIFIC Supernal Shriek resonates through her head causing pain to burst forth from her.

Ariadne takes 4 bashing damage, and is deafened for 4 rounds. Suxx gained on a reflexive [Stamina] roll will reduce the rounds of deafening.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne falls to a knee with her hands to her ears in vain attempt to deaden the shriek. Mouth open in quiet shock. She looks up at Aenigma with questioning eyes.

"I cath go? oww" She lapses back into silence as she tries to focus.

2 rounds of deafness
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-02 22:54:27 Ariadne rolls 3 to Stamina (10 Again) 4, 9, 9 2 successes

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at the Epopt's words, and just as he was about to speak, she fell to one knee. The Warlock quirked an eyebrow, figuring that she had suffered the same fate he and his Cabal had just moments ago. "It may not be a bad idea," he said in response to her words, figuring that the active spells maybe had something to do with it. After all, Kite had mentioned something about empowering effects causing the knife to react in strange, unpredictable ways. She probably can't hear a word I'm saying, he thought to himself, recalling how awful that shriek had been.

The young Censor waited for a bit, allowing for Ariadne to regain her composure. "The blades have been tainted by the Abyss," he said in a pretty straightforward tone to the other Mastigos. "I believe what you just felt is being caused by our willworking in its vicinity." He paused for a moment, extending a hand towards the Epopt to help her up to her feet. "Have you experienced something similar with the knife you found on Rosh's body?"

Orpheus held back a sigh as Aenigma kindly suggested what to do next time. Fair enough, but I would've said something if I hadn't been completely sure it was who I thought it was. He had been about to retort, but rather he kept the thought to himself, realizing there wasn't much of a point to make now.

When Ariadne suddenly drops to a knee, The Mighty tenses, thinking the blade was about to start screaming at everyone again. After a moment he realized it was affecting only the Epopt, and he looks to the blade almost curiously. "Odd, It just strikes out at any awakened in the area and then, stops?" He finally says, rubbing his chin. "Almost like a spring, releasing all of it's tension in one motion." It was the only metaphor that sprang to mind for him.

Those who were in the room with the blade, or saw it noticed that the blade has changed color, instead of a normal knife lightly tinted blue with Dark purple streaks running through it, it now looks sickly green and the streaks are black, almost bloody. It's shedding light and the scream is still there in the back of your mind like pressure. Though it doesn't cause any more pain at the moment.

kimura please PM me concerning your minisheet and health levels.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

When Ariadne approached, Toren stepped eagerly to meet her, but saw that she was experiencing the sudden pain they had all felt because of the Tass Blade's effect.

Toren rushes to her side, offering a hand to help her stand again once the effect subsides. "Are you alright, Ariadne? I'm afraid Aenigma is quite right. The effect is very powerful around willworking," he confirmed. The question Aenigma had posed her still stood, though, and Toren was eager to hear what else had been happening to the other blade.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

k
    kimura

Finally she realized who she was looking at and that she was with Animus that day months prior. She smiled some at the inner recognition but the smile faded slightly as the pain crossed Ariadne's features and she moved over with Toren to try to help the moment as if on auto pilot and also in obvious pain herself. Placing a hand on the woman's shoulder and simply standing there being silent and watching her, unsure of what to do before turning to Aenigma..

"We need to hunt this thing down and stop it from harming anyone else. Wise or asleep. They have to be stopped..." she had no idea where that came from but something was raising her heckles now more than ever..

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne nods and waves a hand in front of herself releasing the spells she uses as protection. The hand waving is for show. Helps people believe. She dearly hopes that scream stays in the back of her mind.

She takes a breath. "Activity was only reported when High Speech was used. Normal will working did not set it off." Placing a hand on the ground she uses it to get to her feet.

"That was different than the one that came with Rosh. That calls the abyss and causes nimbus's to emerge even with subtle will working." Ariadne takes another breath but slower this time. "If it had done this I would have not stood near it for so long."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

A slight frown formed upon Aenigma's brow as he listened to the Epopt's words, concerned about the fact that the other blade displayed an entirely different effect. "So the knife you found caused paradox even when it shouldn't," stated the young Warlock, digging through his own knowledge of the occult as to what could possibly do something like that. "That is quite disconcerting." He paused for a moment, allowing for Ariadne to regain her breath before asking any further questions.

"If you don't mind me asking," said the Censor to the Guardian. "What did you do with the knife you found on Rosh's body? Is it still in your possession?"

4 suxx to figure out what could've caused the effect Ariadne described
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-09 13:14:40 Aenigma rolls 8 to Int+Occult (10 Again) 3, 5, 7, 5, 8, 10, 8, 8, 4 4 successes

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread