Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Then there's the matter of the manner in which the body was found. I don't believe the mutilation of the corpse is only meant for shock and awe," added Toren, hearing his Cabalmates and understanding their points in turn. "From what I understand, Councilor Rosh's body had also sustained wounds like these when he was discovered. It seems a meticulous process. Hands, feet, eyes, tongue, genitalia, and of course the absence of blood. It seems that they were removing part of the body that experienced sensation, the tools of the body perhaps. Touch, mobility, sight, taste, and erm, uhh, reproduction."

The Moros clenched his jaw, the image of Jack's body passing through his mind again. Hardly enough left of him for a proper funeral. And like many Awakened, Toren imagined Jack did not keep close ties to family. Still, he wondered idly what they would do about funeral arrangements. Perhaps Jack had left a will or perhaps they could contact a Mage more experienced in Death to recall his Ghost for burial preparations. The list of considerations went on in his mind.

Shaking his head he set those thoughts aside to focus on the task at hand. "This may take more research into forbidden willworkings just to figure out who would have a motive for such an act. Perhaps we could access the Athenaeum libraries or our personal libraries for material that may shine light on this tainted ritual."
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Seers wasn't really the Obrimos' specialty, so he wasn't particularly surprised as his own theory was also debunked. He didn't say anything as the other more senior mages went on, So Seers are unlikely suspects, I'll have to concede that point since I've only ever heard of the seers, so the next thing would be what Aenigma said about an Abyssal mage, or perhaps a left-handed legacy. It certainly seems like the parts taken would be used for some sick ritual... Orpheus rested his chin upon his hands, his face set into a look that showed much concentration. His knowledge on abyssal subjects was lacking, at best...

C
    C_Lloyd

"Well, " mused Nantale, after a moment of thought. "We can also try and determine if anyone else is a possible candidate for attack. If this enemy is going after officers of the former Concilium, maybe Dr. Primoria will be a target. Is there anyone else? If we can find their next likely move, we may be able to stop them."

The Acanthus couldn't believe she was trying to solve a real murder. This was a grim corruption of her fantasies, but unlike a fantasy, it could not be ignored.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded as his Cabal mates piped up, listening to their opinions and advice on how to proceed next. "Well, the Curator could be a likely target, as could be many others," he said, considering Nantale's words. "I'm not sure if speculating on such matters would be of help or not. I don't think we know enough about our suspect to be able to truly predict their next move." Which was truly unfortunate, but unless they managed to gather more information, attempting to predict the killer's next move seemed like a waste of time.

"Perhaps we can begin by doing what you've suggested Toren," said the young Warlock as he turned to the Moros. "More research on these forbidden subjects may shed some light on what exactly we are dealing with. We may be able to find some clues that will help us move forward with the investigation." With those words, Aenigma fell back to silence as he looked around the room at the others, wondering if anyone had anything else to add.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Hmm, shall we move to the Athenaeum library? I'm certain the Curator won't mind our making use of it, considering the circumstances. Although, you have collection yourself, don't you, Aenigma? I suppose we could head back to the Sanctum if you think the answer might be there?" Toren could only make suggestions, waiting for everyone to agree upon their next course of action before actually initiating it. Making the best use of their time would be best.
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

k
    kimura

"Sadly I wish I had more input to this but I'm afraid I'm at a loss" frowning openly Kiko, for once, felt oddly detached, though that might not be the correct term.

Lost was more the term at the moment. This wasn't anything like she'd dealt with before

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Just as Kiko piped up, Aenigma's phone went off. The Warlock frowned slightly as he took a look at the screen, recognizing the number. "I need to take this," he said to his Cabal, giving them a quick nod before stepping out of the room for a moment to take the call.

After a few minutes, he returned to the room with a quickened pace. "Toren," he said, looking directly at the Moros. "We need to move that blade, and we need to do so right now." He didn't really give much more of an explanation than that, but Aenigma figured that the urgency in his tone would be enough to convey the fact that he didn't really have the time to explain things at that moment.

k
    kimura

Looking at Aenigma's expression sent chills down her spine "Is there anything I can do to help Aenigma?" she felt kinda clueless and useless but she was more than willing to help out anyway she could regardless.

"I knew something was wrong with that blade" she shivered openly at that as cold chills raced down her body "Just felt 'wrong'.."

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"What?" said the Moros, confused suddenly by the urgency in Aenigma's voice. Whatever the call was had to be something important and immediate. Toren moved closer to his Cabalmate, showing he was ready to follow but continued to question him. "But...but we just threw up those wards, all that security. What makes you think there's any danger?" If Aenigma began to walk, Toren would keep close by his side.

He looked back to the others, despairingly. "Well, you all might as well come along. If we're just going to move the thing." A lot hinged on Aenigma's explanation. Of course if, as a Censor, Aenigma felt he couldn't talk about it, or that the others' presence would interfere then he would understand if the man contradicted his words.

Orpheus gives a small start as Aenigma reenters the room with haste. "What's wrong? Something happen to the blade?" He asks rather confused, Aenigma only went out for a call, what happened that could cause him to come back in such a hurry? He stands up out of his seat once Toren gave the okay for everyone else to come along, giving a quick glance to Kiko and Nantale.

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread