Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Heartbeat) The House that Life Built

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Sabeleth

Continued from here

Inside the house that his hacking and tracking had found, that Toren had determined was made from the Life arcanum, Halo calmly worked away at the finest lock he had ever seen. Whatever was on the other side of this door had to be valuable. He figured it had the potential to be a prison, in which the presumed victim of the presumed crime might be found, or else a room full of goodies that probably needed a Guardian's perusal. You could never be too careful...

Toren's sudden departure had been something of a surprise, although the guy had been acting up for pretty much the whole damn day so who knew what his problem was?

Perception to hear the Scooby Gang arrive; 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-13 12:30:33 Halo rolls 5 to Perception to hear the others arrive (10 Again) 8, 9, 5, 5, 7 2 successes

With the sound of voices coming through from the front of the house Halo looked very carefully at the lock to see if had cracked it, or if it was going to take a bit longer yet. Rather than calling out a reply, and thereby cancelling his Incognito Presence again, Halo quietly slipped his phone out and fired off a text to Leo ( Xander ) before replacing it in his pocket.

Key : 1 suxx on Lockpicking so far from one roll in previous thread. Is that good enough or do I have a bunch more to go?

Halo due to the interruption of the Scooby Gang and the text sent your suxx is lost, you may begin again.

As the Mages enter the house they notice two things: The over powering scent of mint outside and that the door is swinging open (as it should be considering Toren hadn't shut it).

The first few steps were on hardwood and then on a small "mud catch" carpet with what seems to be dog or wolf foot prints in the pattern.

The house goes off in both directions. To the left the house curves around, beautiful carvings on the bare wood and what looks like a green house full of plants. To the right the carvings continue and the twist of a carved staircase can be seen. Over all the art is primarily of wooded scenes.

It is also rather difficult to shake the feeling that they are being watched.
    Please note that All instances of Incognito Presence have evaporated as of this post
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo rolled his eyes as his phone vibrated just after pulling his sleeves down. He popped a hand back out and checked the text.

"Ground floor through the back. Make sure you close the front door." Leo instructed as he turns left towards the kitchen. He slipped the phone back in his pocket and pulled his sleeve back down. As he walks he watches for anything with eyes that could be looking at him.

After a few seconds he emerges in the kitchen with Halo. "Tell me your going to be more useful then Toren. And what's with the mint?" He thought about mentioning the feeling of being watched, but there was no point in tipping off whatever it was. If it was just watching, it wasn't attacking yet, but they still needed to find it eventually.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

The eerie feeling of being watched sends shivers down Weavebreaker's spine. It was rarely a feeling that was felt for no reason, and that troubled her down to her core. Her attention snaps away from the feeling with Leo's words.

Following slowly behind Leo, she lets her eyes wander around the place, letting her unseen senses take in more then she could normally have made sense of. She was more focused in unraveling where the eerie sensation sprang from, than the words Leo said to Halo.

9 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-13 22:54:03 [03] Weavebreaker rolls 7 to Discerning Resonance (10 Again) 6, 6, 10, 9, 4, 5, 5, 1 2 successes
    2013-03-13 22:54:03 [02] Weavebreaker rolls 7 to Discerning Resonance (10 Again) 7, 2, 1, 7, 4, 10, 8, 9 3 successes
    2013-03-13 22:54:03 [01] Weavebreaker rolls 7 to Discerning Resonance (10 Again) 5, 6, 2, 9, 10, 9, 9, 5 4 successes
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Kite looked around, examining his surroundings, as he walked through the house with his companions. Up and down, side to side, forwards and behind him, it seemed as though the gaunt willworker was unusually nervous. Once he had followed Leo and Weavebreaker into the room Halo was in, he finally broke his silence.

“Halo… I have this odd… feeling…” He struggled for a moment with his words. “Ok, I’m about to perform some techné here…” he informed everyone.

Both of these effects last an hour:

S
    Sabeleth

Xander 's comment brought a quiet chuckle from Halo. "Hope so. Guy's been freakin' weird since the coffee shop. Glad you all made it." He nodded to Leo, Weavebreaker and Kite ( DaveJ ), giving them all a wide smile from his position by the locked door.

"Yeah I got mint too. Could be some in the indoor garden back there?" Actually he had another hypothesis about what was generating the mint smell, but he wasn't ready to share it just yet. "Now, if you'll forgive me I've got a lock to beat, and it may take a bit of doing."

With a look of intense concentration Halo focused in on the lock and got back to work with his 'special' lock picks.

Attempt 1: fail; Attempt 2: 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-14 22:55:31 Halo rolls 3 to Lockpicking attempt 2 [Dex+Larc-5+3] (10 Again) 10, 9, 8, 2 3 successes
    2013-03-14 22:54:56 Halo rolls 3 to Lockpicking [Dex+Larc-5+3] (10 Again) 5, 5, 7 failure

It took a while but he finally started to make some headway...

Leo Lockheart

PRE

With a shrug, Leo lets Halo get back to lock picking. When Kite mentions using his "techne" Leo decides to use his magic. It takes a few tries, but he eventually gets his sight and armor up.

"Same." Leo replies to Kite. "I think some of us should look around while Halo works on the lock."

Spellcasting rolls

Weavebreaker
    Kite

The lock seems to be moving at least, but someone obviously didn’t want anyone getting into that room, for whatever reason.

But it was still strange that all of the furniture in the house seemed to be still, and the carvings just happened to be pointed in their direction.

S
    Sabeleth

Since the others were happy to leave him to it without interruption Halo was able to remain focused on beating the lock. Now that he'd got it started it was proving much more amenable to his fiddling than his first attempt had suggested. These Phantasmal lockpicks were awesome, but he made a mental note to actually pick up a new set of the real thing when he got a chance.

Lockpicking 3; 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-20 14:04:53 Halo rolls 3 to Lockpicking 3 [Dex+Larc+Equip-5] (10 Again) 4, 3, 10, 10, 8 3 successes
    Steady progress! I'll beat you yet...

It kept him occupied while the others speculated about the weird house.

Halo give me a Perception check

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread