Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

After the Invictus meeting wrapped up, Ciara took the limo back to her Haven for a change of clothes. She grabbed a simple set of jeans and a nice shirt, then drove her Jaguar over to the Avalon to randevu with Erich and Zack to discuss just what the other two Kindred had in mind for their operation.

As she descends the stairs into the underground level of the Elysium, the tall Ventrue looks around to see if the other two Kindred had already arrived before her.
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach was seated at a table in the common area, having come straight over from the Theater. When he first came out of the elevator and saw that Madam Maskelyne had not yet arrived, he took a few minutes to clean his looks up a bit, styling his hair into something more liberal than the ultra-conservative 'do he had sported at the covenant meeting. Fresh faced and ice-calm, Zach had chosen a couch with two facing chairs, and taken a seat in one of the chairs. Zach puzzled over the table decorations for a few moments, but quickly decided that the Keeper of Elysium probably had better taste than he ever would, and dropped the thought. Zach simply remained seated, waiting.

When Ciara came down the stairs, wearing yet another smashing outfit, Zach simply watched her gracefully step from one stair to the next, a paragon of human elegance, until she started to look around the underground Avalon. Zach rose from his seat and waved a hand, and when he had her attention, gestured to the nearby wide, soft couch.
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich took his sweet time before arriving at the Avalon. He stopped for a quick nip and change into more relaxed attire. When his limo arrives at the Avalon, he's wearing a light grey suit without the jacket. The matching vest over a pale blue shirt whose french cuffs were undone and flipped back, completed a rather unusual look for the Shark. Especially when attending meetings that were business in nature.

He casually descended the stairs into the Elysia, The Shark in his soul cowering in fear, looking for escape as he sensed the predator that went by the name Madam Maskelyne.

"Madam Maskelyne, Mister Griffiths," his simple statement of their names was a cool greeting. Having sent the message he was not thrilled at the idea of a babysitter, he broke into his warm smile. "Lovely to see you both again this evening."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara returns Zach's wave with a polite one of her own, then turns as she hears Erich address her. She takes note of the cold tone, but does not remark on it; instead turning so she could address the other two Invictus together. She motions for Zach to join them, waiting for the Gangrel to come closer before speaking.

"Good evening, gentlemen. I have taken the liberty of securing a private room so that we might speak with a little more... privacy. If you will follow me?" Unless either of the two men had an objection, Ciara would lead the small group to one of the private rooms in the Kindred-only portion of the club. She opens the door and motions for Erich and Zach to proceed her into the room before joining them inside and closing the door.

Inside the room there is a small conference table, ringed by a number of office chairs that wouldn't look out of place at a corporate board meeting. Zach and Erich could feel free to set where they liked, the tall Priscus talking as she made her way to one of the chairs.

"Now then, His Grace has asked me to assist you in your endeavor. My first question would be: What goals do you have in mind for this undertaking?" Her tone is even and polite as she addresses the other two Kindred; though she did wonder what the two men had in mind mucking about with the Carthains and the unaligned...

Fast forwarding a little so we don't have to do three posts of "Walking, walking, walking..."
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

Zach moves over to the others, and follows Ciara down to the Private Room. On the way over, he cocks an eyebrow at Erich behind Ciara's back, trying to convey the idea that We need her to like us, what's with the cold shoulder?

Zach takes a seat at the table and, as Ciara asks her question, turns to Erich to respond first. He is the one who has more experience in the matter.
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich strides into the room and takes his seat, across from the Ciara. The Shark swims frantically looking for an escape as the lawyer looks the woman directly in the eyes. His stomach feels as if it is filled with lead, and he barely keeps the overwhelming feeling of dread at bay. To be in the presence of such a predatory, to look into it's powerful, captivating eyes... it's almost to much for the Erich the Vampire, but for Erich Passions, the Daeva, The Legal Shark, the Incubus the situation is quite arousing.

As he speaks, the velvet smooth tone of his voice is almost a physical presence, it's volume just loud enough to be heard clearly.
    "Madam Maskelyne, our goals are very simple. I'll allow Mr. Griffiths to explain to you his personal ones, but jointly, we see a vacuum. Other's could percieve it as a weakness, and we want to remind the domain why we are the FIRST Estate. The Judex and the Prince are the unquestionable foundation of power within the city. But the other covenants, are quickly growing, gaining power and position. Knowing the little that I do about the Movement's plans and their attempt gain a foothold in the city caused me to pause and examine the battlefield. What might the Circle or the Order be planning, with their large numbers in the city.

I'm no Soldier like Mr. Griffiths here, I'm not a formidable, well positioned predator such as yourself. I'm not a well-beloved Lady known widely throughout the Domain serving a position for the Prince.

I'm the Shark, I have legal and political connections, wealth, but little reputation within the Domain or the Royal Court. I'm exposed here. If someone were to strike at our covenant, I'd be an obvious and immediate target. My goals are simple. Remind the Kindred of the City what it means to be INVICTUS. I'm baffled that the unaligned here aren't clamoring to join our ranks, to prove their quality. My exposed position given the current state of the domain also leaves me with the most liberty to rub elbows with the others privately. A pleasant converstion here, a casual gift their, slowly show the select few that are worthy, just exactly what they are missing. I believe everyone in that meeting knows that I'm in the best position to act as Speaker for the domain, a recruiter, headhunters is what business's call them these days."

He sits back in the chair, studying the woman before he finishes his statement. "These are the times when a Speaker is most needed, to perform both the known function of speaking and negotiating with other covenants as well as the other role... The word that would finish that statement hangs in the air, unspoken, but unmistakable, Spy.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara waits patiently as the other Kindred find their seats. It's no surprise when Erich takes the lead when it comes to talking, and Ciara gives the Daeva her full attention. She has to repress a smile at some of his assumptions about the Domain and himself, but she manages to keep any outward signs of what she was thinking to herself.

Once Erich was finished speaking, Ciara nods her head softly before speaking. "Well, I see you have given the matter quite a bit of thought. That is reassuring. But, some of the language you use to describe your observations concerns me.

you say that there is a vacuum. True, we have suffered a recent loss of many well respected Kindred of the First Estate. You say that there are not great numbers of the unaligned beating down our doors to join. Also true.

But I would like to point out this Domain does enjoy one thing very rare in a city with as large a Kindred population as the one here in Sacramento: Peace. His Grace has maintained order and control of his city for longer than I have been here; and more impressively, he has done so without any serious political rivals rising up to challenge him. Those outside the Invictus have given him their loyalty and respect freely; and in the odd occurrence of unrest, either from outside the Domain or from some small group of malcontents, it was those same non-Invictus Kindred that came to the defense of the Domain.

This is not to say the First Estate has not enjoyed a history of members coming to the aid of the Domain, far from it. But I believe His Grace has enjoyed a quiet Rein in part because he does not need to remind the city it is an Invictus Domain though pageantry or overt shows of force. He does so with quiet dignity and targeted examples of those that earn his displeasure.

So I must ask the question, how do you both intend to remind those outside the First Estate that this is an Invictus Domain?"

Her tone is soft and calm; inviting the two men to elaborate on their plans. She didn't seem to be questioning them so much as simply holding a sincere interest in what methodology they planned to employ.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich nods, "Indeed, this is a peaceful domain, but no peace last forever, and history tells us that those who do not use peace time to prepare for the next war are the most likely the next to fall. As for Elaborate plans... My thoughts aren't nearly as diabolical as some tend to think. I am merely a suggestion a "show of power", use some of the traditional ceremonies that exist to do just that. A Grand Ball for example, complete with Victorian decorations, formality, and theme. Servants wheeling in punch bowls filled with blood, a display of the affluence and power that the First Estate holds. Performed in the traditional fashion, where all are invited, but those outside the First Estate's access to some of the entertainment provided is limited based upon how closely they've allied themselves and well they have served the Invictus and Domain."

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

Zach looks from one of the speakers back to the other, as they ascend in diatribe. It seemed Erich's plans were much different than his own, and Erich was certainly willing to put more words into something that was similar in simplicity to Zach's own. Well, simple by Invictus standards, anyways. As Erich continues, Zach realizes the nearly opposite nature of their plans, and realizes something else as well.

As Erich's attention is drawn to Ciara, Zach waits for a moment to catch Ciara's eye, and when he gets a chance, mouths: Honored Lady, may we speak when this one (indicating Erich) is gone?

Yes, waters were getting deep.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara listens intently as Erich answers, but manages to catch Zach's motion out of the corner of her eye. The only acknowledgement she gives the other man is her eyes darting over to Zach and a soft blink that takes perhaps a half second longer than it should. She quickly returns her attention to Erich, thinking over his words for a moment before speaking.

"It has been my experience that those that prepare for the next war are often the ones that end up starting it.

However, I see no malice in what you propose. I am sure the Herald will be eager to hear any suggestions or ideas you have for Court functions; unless you were planning on setting these soirees in a more public venue. The one thing I would advise against is the idea of large displays of Vitae in public. His Grace once held the policy of allowing Kindred to bring their entourage to Elysium for just the sort of the display you are thinking of. So few took advantage of the offer that he choose to discontinue it. If that is any gauge of how the Domain at large views such displays, it might work against you should you chose to employ it.
    "

She pauses for a moment before moving on to the next topic.

"I also would like to know just what you have in mind with your involvement with the Carthian Movement and the unaligned within the city."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread