Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Job Hunt

THREADID
    R
    Robert

Marshall takes time to straighten out his clothes a bit before knocking on the door to Mr. Passion's office. He brushes off his customary brown jacket, ensuring that his watch is tucked safely in the pocket of his red silk vest and that his brown leather outback hat is straight. Kicking some of the dust off of his brown leather boots he looks back up and knocks loudly on the door. He was ready to get started establishing his place withing the Domain, ready to get to work. Marshall smiled grimly, 'What exactly does the young Possede want tonight?' he thought to himself as he waited calmly by the door. He readied himself and let the Wolf sleep in his den...

R
    Robert

Ahem.... Mike .....

Angel of Darkness
    M

The knock was an unnecessary, but polite gesture. The imposing presence of the Wolf had stirred the Shark. It was an odd mixture of conflicting reactions his beast had to his old friend's presence. The Shark sought to escape the predator, and take comfort hiding in the shadow of its familiar presence at the same time. Erich rose from his desk to answer, pausing to pour a glass of whiskey from a crystal decanter.

With a grin he opened the door wide to his old friend, holding out the glass to him before greeting the Knight. "Sir Cross, please do come in." His tone playful, as he steps aside, offering a his friend a shallow, albeit flamboyant bow. One hand holding the glass to the elder predator, while the other sweeps out to the side, exaggerating his welcome.

R
    Robert

Marshall stepped into the lavish room, closing the door behind him. He eyed the younger Kindred, feeling the Wolf stir in the presence of Erich, it let out a little yip as it awoke in the face of the predator before him and settled back down as it immediately recognised the Shark.

Marshall bowed his head curtly and smiled at Erich as he graciously accepted the drink offered. He always had a soft spot for a fine whiskey, something about it reminded him of a simpler time.

"Mais, you know I cant refuse a fine whiskey like dis." Marshall said as he took a sip of the delicious drink.

"Thank you, Mr. Passions, it's good to see you on this fine night." Marshall stepped towards the table and set down his glass before continuing.

"Mais, mais, Possade, You were telling me about a job you needed done? Something that required my special attention? It wouldn't have anything to do with why you summoned me to the Domain would it? I am most certianly dying with anticipation."
    Marshall said with an unnerving grin and a slight chuckle.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich walked towards his desk, relaxing into his seat as he threw his feet up onto the desk. "Well, as you well know my loyalty to the First Estate is unquestionable. However, I fear my zeal to further the covenant's position and power might have placed me in a delicate and dangerous position. During the last court, I was engaged in a debate with a certain member of the domain. This person, a Chris Woodling, is the Heirophant of the the Circle of Crone, as well as the Priscus of the Mekhet. While the Circle is not a large organization, the Mekhet boasts the largest number of all the domain's clans."

Erich sighs, "To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure that my zeal for furthering the Invictus' goals are not felt on the same level by our fellows here. Alienating myself from our brethren a bit. So perhaps you can understand my trepidation. To put it bluntly, I fear someone whose sensibilities I offended during the debate will seek to destroy me. I asked you here not just because I fear such an attack, and sought your protection Sir Knight, but because you're an old friend that I can trust like I can no one else in this domain. I'm hoping that you could perhaps train me in the martial skills. I think that taking up fencing would be a wonderful way to expand the ways I could defend myself, without it being obvious I'm preparing for a fight. Many affluent men these days take up fencing as a hobby after all."

R
    Robert

Eyeing Erich as his words sank in, Marshall listened to every nuance in the Possade's mannerisms. They generally spoke fear and at the same time a rebellious streak through them. 'Ambitious, Possade, very ambitious. You may need to watch your actions, sometimes, you can bite off more than you can chew.' Marshall thought to himself as he picked up his glass once again.

"Mais, now you see the finer points of my lifestyle, Possade? You used to think I was just an uncouth barbarian, whose bloodlust was only exceeded by his love of battle."

Marshall laughed quietly and shook his head slightly before taking a sip of the whiskey and continuing, "You may not always be able to talk your way out of a situation, it is good to see you are understanding that your honeyed words do have consequences and that sometimes the only way to ensure that you have the upper hand is through... less than subtle actions."

Marshall glanced up at Erich before setting his glass back onto the table. "I want you to know that I can offer more than simple training to an ambitious Kindred of Quality such as yourself, if you'll let me. But, you must heed my words and training and put forth more than your best effort. You must never falter or question the things I say. Only then, will you know true skill, Possade."

Marshall folded his arms across his chest and felt the blood rise, the Wolf was hungry tonight. He could hear the howl from deep withing himself. A unsettling smirk fell across his face.

He looked at Erich, trying to judge his response. Marshall may not be the most powerful speaker, but the things he knew, he knew better than most. If you needed protection, or training in combat, there was no member of the Invictus better, than a Knight of the Most Honored Order of the Thorned Wreath.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich sat up at the serious tone of Marshall's response. "Of course Old Wolf. You know that I never falter, never back down from a challenge. If I'm committed to something, I'm all in." Erich slide open a file cabinet and pulled out a folder, flipping it around so that it faced the Knight.

"Should you desire, your position here will take quite a bit of time for the foreseeable future. As such, I've prepared a 'position' for you in my 'company' as chief of security. As my pet project is slowly launched over the coming the year to be a front for a grandiose Invicitus ball room, you'll be able to have access to an increasing amount of legally procured cash flow. If you so desire?"

Erich smiles slyly at formidable beast in front of him. He remembered how often the man-at-arms forgot just how useful the currency of the Kine could be.

R
    Robert

Marshall picked the folder up off of the table and began flipping through it idly, taking note of what responsibilities were expected in the position.

He scoffed quietly and set the folder back onto the table in front of Erich. He looked up at Erich and said with a grin, "Mais, mais, I'll accept dis job if you can secure me a magazin of my own, I need a larger building, one where gun shots and other assorted 'training exercises' wouldn't be noticed or cared about, maybe a shooting range or something of the like. I plan on establishing a foothold that has been long neglected in this domain. The Line would be very beneficial to the First Estate here in Sacramento. Also, if you know any Kindred of Quality who are worthy and committed, please inform them dat I would like to speak wit them in... whatever office you set up for me here. Consider me your podna in dis endeavor." Marshall looked at Erich with a deadly serious expression on his face, showing no hint of what he meant, knowing that Possade would understand exactly what he meant.

"Mais, Possade, just when are you going to be able to free up time in your schedule to dedicate to training?"
    Marshall said with a unnerving smile across his face.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich smiled to the Old Wolf. "Of course I'll think about those I know, perhaps one would be an ideal candidate. It will take some time to secure such a location as you desire, but I'll keep an eye out.

As for clearing up time in my schedule. I can always find time to dedicate to learning a new endeavor."
    He smiled as he turned to his computer, and punched some keys. "I'll order up some training equipment, immediately."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.