Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
On the Court

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Getting into the game, Phrym weaves gracefully and intently. Her toned legs spring, and the balls of her feet bounce light on the ground.

Left lunge, bounce and a cross cut puts a spin on the ball hard to the right.

"Nooooooo idea."
    "Bad ley lines?"
    "Sabotage?"
    "Someone-"
    "-cut corners on wards?"
    "Whatever it-"
    "-was,"
    "Our previous Heirarch"
    "was murdered there."

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam keeps the ball in play, only a step behind Phrymides, but she hasn't quite gotten her head wrapped around the tactics. Her movements are quick and balanced, but they carry more purpose than grace.

"Sounds ugly."

"Do the Arrows and the Mysterium ..."

"... Play well together here?"

"Or are there rivalries between orders?"

Phrym's eyes twinkle and the corner of her mouth crooks up, the mischievous joy of a woman holding juicy secrets.

"We get along."

And then Tam's senses flare, as if a phonograph is playing somewhere just beyond the range of her hearing.

The ball, arcing towards her becomes suspended midflight

No, not quite stopped, but slowed. Enough so that Tam's swing meets empty air.

The ball appears to waver, strange and lethargic rolling midflight. A grainy film effect manifests subtly. The effect lasts for just a short moment, a stutter really in the river, before the ball suddenly remembers its velocity and shoots past Tam's left.

Phrym giggles, covering her mouth and delighted at her prank.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

For a brief instant, Tam thinks she ought to counter the spell, but instead, she trusts Phyrmides isn't going to banish her to another realm. Tam watches the ball in obvious amazement. Time magic always fascinated her.

So you want to play that way, eh?

Tam concentrates on the ball as it comes back up to speed and when it hits the floor behind Tam (and scores a point for Phrymides), it bounces up and into the rear wall and springs forward towards the front wall with little loss of velocity. When it bounces again, it responds as a ball should.

rubber balls bounce

Tam smiles mischievously at Phrymides and says, as if nothing odd had happened, “Who do I talk to about joining the sanctioned investigation?”

Phrym frowns, bored by the less than flashy spell Tam had decided to use. "Me, actually. Which one do you want?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"I would probably be more of an asset when it comes to Hallows, and I can hold my own in a fight, so if there is a struggle, count me in."

Besides, my involvement might give me access to the Hallow once it is secured.

Phrym inspects Tam's reaction closely, probingly in a moment of silence.
    Does she discern anything?

Before Tam can answer that question for herself, Phrym is all smiles again. "I'll put you in touch with the right people then. C'mon, now let's finish this game!"

Phrym moves to put the ball back into play, talk of work is set aside and she focuses totally on the game and simply having some fun with her new friend.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam doesn't seem to be hiding anything, so Phrym notices Tam's eyes light up at the mention of a Hallow.

Tam wins a few points, but steadily loses the game, mostly due to a lack of experience. She enjoys it, though. Nothing is at stake, so she wallows in the motion, like a cat playing with a ball of yarn. She moves well and keeps up throughout the game, showing a healthy endurance.

Glad to have had the company, Phrym looks more relaxed then she has in weeks.

Phrym collects the spare racket and invites Tam out for drinks with the girls some time.

end scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread