Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Shift work (private)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    x
    xohgr

Orion stood inside the entrance to the museum. Even though his freshly pressed uniform made him feel like he looked good, there was a sense of nakedness due to the lack of a firearm. .oO(Hey at least I have a Mag light) he thought ruefully. As if an Obrimos required a weapon.

He watched the people as they milled about, Looking at various artifacts and art forms from ages past.

Orion glanced at his watch, .oO(An hour till closing) he thought eager to get to the business of securing the building.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Spotting the Obrimos near the entrance, Aenigma's eyes widened slightly. Gideon? he thought to himself. It had been a while since he had last seen him, but the Warlock's photographic memory could still recall the man's face and name. Carrying his messenger bag with him, the young Censor had been getting ready to leave for the day. However, now that he had spotted his fellow Mystagogue, he figured it was best to at least approach him for a little chat.

"Hey," he said as he walked over to him. "Long time, no see!" He offered the Obrimos a quick smile with those words.

x
    xohgr

A warm smile spread across Orion's face. "Wow dude. How ya been? It has been what eight? nine? months. Geez. What's new?" Orion appraised his fellow awakened. "Your looking well." When Orion noticed the messenger bag he said "What are you doing here? Not procuring artifacts I hope." His voice was jovial and friendly, an obvious joke.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma considered how long it had been. "About that long," he said in response to his fellow Mystagogue. "I've been good, keeping busy here at the museum. How about yourself? You were gone for a while, so I'm sure you've got some interesting stories to tell." With those words, the Warlock gave Orion a quick wink.

The young Censor couldn't help but laugh at the Obrimos' next words, shaking his head slightly. "Nah, I actually work here," he said in response to the question. "Close to a year now actually." Aenigma paused for a moment, studying the other Mystagogue briefly. "How about you? Here to see Dr. Primoria, or are you just checking out the exhibits?"

x
    xohgr

Orion nodded at the Mystagogue, "Yeah, an epic adventure of procurement that found me eyes deep in sand and sweat for months in Egypt, then ended with a jar of ashes." Something in Orion's tone said he would much rather have just stayed home. "Ah well at the end of the day I was named Acquisitor of our order, so I guess it wasn't a total loss"

Orion's gaze shifted to the floor as Aenigma spoke of working at the museum. "Well ain't that just something? Today is my first shift here, you are looking at your new part time night watchman." Orion looked up at the mage and said, his voice a whisper. "Since it came up, What are you known by here? I have always had a problem with shadow names. To our community I have chosen to go by Orion, How do we reconsile this with the mundane peoples?"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma listened to Orion's words with some interest, wanting to hear more about the other Mystagogue's adventure. However, when he spoke of being an Acquisitor so openly, a slight frown formed on his brow. Call it paranoia, or maybe it was just the combination of being both a Mastigos and a Censor. "Sounds rather interesting," he said to the Obrimos, leaning a little closer so he could whisper to him. "But perhaps we shouldn't speak so openly about it just yet?"

When Orion told him about being the part-time watchman, the Warlock's expression softened a bit. "Ahh, well that's wonderful," he said to the other mage. "Glad to hear the museum's security is in good hands." The Censor was fairly certain that Curator Primoria had her own security...mechanisms in place, but having another Mystagogue keeping an eye on things was certainly a good thing.

One can never be too careful...

When the Obrimos whispered to him, Aenigma leaned in a little closer to hear what was said. At least he was grateful that Orion had opted for lowering his voice, which was an improvement from his previous announcement of becoming an Acquisitor. "Bastian," he said in response. "That's the name I use around the muggles." The Warlock couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle after making use of the word muggles, shaking his head slightly. "My suggestion is that you come up with something new and stick to it," he added, implying that picking a new name to use around the Sleepers was perhaps the best option.

Like having two Shadow Names...because no one says you've only gotta use one.

x
    xohgr

Orion listened to Aenigma and nodded a slight blush coloring his cheeks indicating his embarrassment at speaking too freely. It passed quickly as Aenigma moved the conversation forward.

Orion could not suppress a laugh. "Muggles? I suppose they are at that. I love those books. Bastian eh? ok I can do that. Having learned from his mistake Orion lowered his voice to a whisper and added "I stuck with Gideon here. Had no choice, it happened too quick and I could not get papers in order. Anyway there is some safety that the enemy might believe me too smart to not use an alias. Jokes on them."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma offered the Obrimos a quick smirk, glad that his fellow Mystagogue caught on quickly. "Yeah, they are an entertaining read," he said, playing along with the whole Muggle thing that he had started. "Cool, that makes it easy then! Congrats on the new gig by the way." He let out a soft chuckle after saying those words. "I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other, huh?"

x
    xohgr

Orion smilied "Yeah thanks." He took a second to look around the room, mindful that he was still working. Seeing that everything was in order he looked back at his associate and answered "Probably, What is it you do here?" Orion's tone was definitely interested. "Man, this place is awesome."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"I work directly under the Curator's supervision," replied Aenigma, a proud smile forming on his lips. "I do a lot of the research and preparation to get our exhibits together. And at times, I've had to convince foreign officials to let us borrow certain pieces as well." As he said those words, the young Censor recalled his trip to Crete, during which he had managed to be successful in such types of negotiations.

As Orion spoke of the museum in a positive light, he nodded in agreement. "It really is," he said to the Obrimos with a sincere smile. "It holds and preserves knowledge within its walls, some of it which was believe to have been long lost." It wasn't easy to tell whether he was solely speaking of the exhibits, or if there was some other meaning to his words. But then again, being a Mystagogue himself, Orion would probably catch on to what Aenigma was trying to convey.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.