Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Building a Bike

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Cross

Nick pulled the truck in at Prophecy Cycles, shifting it into park and hopping out with his keyring whirling on one finger. Once he got up to the door, the Rahu opened it up and looked around. He was set to meet Digger here, and had told the Alpha that he was hoping to make a bike of his very own. In his hand, he had a picture that was folded in half... a little something to draw inspiration from. It was the Fatboy he had found. Now, he was going to make one of his very own.

Steven

R
    Ryan Deshane

"Prospect! Get the fuck in here your wasting my fucking time!" He wasn't actually wasting Digger's time, D wasn't doing much beyond working on some designs for that rich dudes bike. But if he had the opportunity to make the Prospect hussle and sweat. Your god damn right he was going to take that opportunity.

"So what you want kid? You have any fucking idea how to build a bike?" Digger asked the prospect as itched at his ear with the eraser of a pencil.

C
    Cross

Nick hustled on in. He did not sweat at a little hustle across a shop, but he suspected he would by the end of building his bike. Those things weighed a ton.

"A bike in particular is new to me, but I'm a decent hand in a shop," the Iron Master replied in a rather understated way. "Thought I'd show you what I wanted to make and see what steps you think I ought to take to get 'er done." He smiled a bit at the Alpha, figuring that Digger might know a thing or two thousand about building bikes. This was his house, after all.

He held out the photo. "That's what I was thinking, but with a different paint job."

R
    Ryan Deshane

"Don't you think thats a bit too much of a mans bike for you boy?" Digger asked looking at the picture of the fatboy. "But yeah, we can do something like that. You wanna go from the ground up, or buy and piece together?" Digger asked as he made his way over to the drafting table that was in the shop and began sketching something that just looked like a series of lines.

C
    Cross

"If I could make that bike bigger, then it might be bike enough," Nick said quietly with a rumbling chuckle. The basso quality of his voice was almost warm then. "I think it would be proper to put this first one together myself, ground up - that is, if you've got time to show me how. I know that's the tougher route, but it seems right." Nick believed in starting things, doing them properly, and seeing them through.

His eyes followed Digger over to the drafting table and observed.

R
    Ryan Deshane

"Aight so we need to start with the frame, Can't have a body without bones." Digger's drafting slowly starts taking the form of a motorcycle frame. Digger continues sketching, he has top erase and few times, and uses a ruler, but he the frame is noticable their now. "Its rough but that should be about what we need."

6 turns
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-03 13:19:56 [06] Digger rolls 7 to Drawing (Int3+Craft4) (10 Again) 10, 2, 4, 9, 8, 10, 4, 8, 4 5 successes
    2013-02-03 13:19:56 [05] Digger rolls 7 to Drawing (Int3+Craft4) (10 Again) 10, 2, 8, 3, 3, 5, 4, 8 3 successes
    2013-02-03 13:19:56 [04] Digger rolls 7 to Drawing (Int3+Craft4) (10 Again) 8, 10, 2, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6 2 successes
    2013-02-03 13:19:56 [03] Digger rolls 7 to Drawing (Int3+Craft4) (10 Again) 6, 10, 7, 5, 5, 4, 2, 2 1 success
    2013-02-03 13:19:56 [02] Digger rolls 7 to Drawing (Int3+Craft4) (10 Again) 3, 7, 7, 7, 5, 4, 1 failure
    2013-02-03 13:19:56 [01] Digger rolls 7 to Drawing (Int3+Craft4) (10 Again) 4, 3, 10, 2, 5, 2, 5, 7 1 success

C
    Cross

Nick watches his Alpha draft, observing how he went about doing it so he could try similar techniques in the future. When Digger was done, Nicky nodded with a big grin on his face. "Nice. That looks like the start to a nice, hefty bike." A less patient man might have asked what next, but it was sort of implicit.

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger looks to Nick, "Yeah should be a good deal. Lets get to work then." Digger says, "First thing we are gonna wanna do is get the framing done. Come on." Digger leads the rookie over to a rack of piping. "So we start with this. This piping is the foundation to the whole thing. Grab the other side of that." Digger instructs. Its not because the pipe is too heavy, but its long, and awkward to carry. They walk the piping over to one of the workbenches. "Hold up here I will be back in a second."

C
    Cross

Nick nods, following Digger over to the pipe rack and grabbing the other end as instructed. "All right," he said, lifting the piping and taking it over to the bench. When the Alpha says to stop, he does exactly that and waits quietly, looking at the pipe and imagining how it'll all come together.

Building one's own motorcycle for a motorcycle club. Nick thought this was going to be pretty awesome.

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger makes his way back out of the storage room. In his hand is a 6foot by 4 foot piece of 3/4 plywood. On the once side of it is strategically placed blocks. "This is a jig. We use it to make frames. Digger lays the jig down on the workbench." Digger takes the pipe. "This one is for a heavy frame. It should work for what you want."

Digger looks at the jig and at the pipe... "Aight so..." Digger chews on his lip for a minute... "What if we..." Digger thinks and walks over to the pipe bender and sets it. "Aight grab that end and bring it over here."

Digger walks the Prospect through the bending of the pipe. "Hmm, we need a little bit of a bend on that one. Go grab the torch." Digger puts the partially made frame side into a vice.

Kazakin if you want rolls for this let me know. Thanks!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.