(Hostel Hi) Another Day in the Life

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the second wave of nausea hits, Toby is ready for it and breathes through her mouth, saving herself from a repeat performance outside. Once she is sure she won't be sick again, she takes a step towards the form on the floor, this time really looking at it. Looking for any way that Time might have effected this thing.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-18 19:51:43 October Davenport rolls 3 to Comp + Stam -1 (10 Again) 1, 8, 10, 1 2 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-18 20:03:56 October Davenport rolls 6 to Temporal Eddies (Wits+Invest+Time) (10 Again) 6, 8, 6, 6, 9, 10, 2 3 successes
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

R
    RiffRaff

Anarchy feels herself loosing control and she's already moving towards a potted plant when she starts heaving and then vomiting into it. Disgusting. Wiping her mouth afterwards, she weaves a Ruling after a quick check of her options - her lack of mana constrained them somewhat and she didn't think scouring was practical under the circumstances. As her body processes slow down, she looks back to Samedi, waiting for a response to her questions.

She'd make a note to carry some kind of Antiemetic with her in the future.

failure, Body Control pot 4 (effect capped at 3)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-19 13:29:00 Anarchy rolls 6 to Improv Body Control (10 Again) 2, 8, 7, 10, 8, 8, 6 4 successes
    2013-02-19 13:28:02 Anarchy rolls 2 to Stamina + Composure -2 (10 Again) 4, 2 failure

Sorry about the delay

Samdei found his lip curled at the sounds of the other mages.

No, It was jus’ sittin’ here fer two days afore I decided I needed to find someone t’tell about it.” The ganger rolled his eyes. “I’m one a da few who live here, he...it was here when I came down t’meet him.” a gesture at Impulse.

Maybe not having them around would have been easier, but he couldn’t just bring a dead body like this to anyone, and he knew that dealing with this crazy shit was even beyond his range of knowledge.

Impulse
    Hachiman
    Idun

As the body turned over you notice that the mouth had opened, a gaping hole, two rows of perfect teeth, but nothing else.

I can take a [Perception-1] For a recognize roll for anyone who thinks they might be able to ID the body.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Idun

PRE

"This it seems too clean. The hands, the feet, even the genitals were skillfully removed." Idun reports to the group, looking up at Samdei. She stands and studies the skull, the perfect teeth.

She frowns as she tries to ID the dead guy.

3 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-25 00:06:50 Idun rolls 6 to Wits + Composure - 1 (10 Again) 8, 1, 8, 8, 2, 7 3 successes

S
    Solaris

Hachiman listened to Samdei and then Idun after completing his examination of the body and spoke when they was done. "This man has been dead for just under a week. It seems he bled out. Not that that surprises me, based on the body's condition," he spoke with an even tone, but suggested a little pity in his eyes. He put a sleeve to his face and stood up, releasing his deathly, forensic hold from its spell. It would do little in the way of help to coax this corpse out of his mortuary slumber to tell them himself, since the body obviously was missing the necessary tools to do so. Hachiman would have simply returned the final sight from the corpse to identify its caster, but the eyes had been removed. It was likely that the murderer was someone who knew such a method could be employed. It was no stretch to say that a Mage had done this. When he looked at the face, he tried to see if he could identify anything further about the body's identity. Was he someone known to these people here?

Perception -1, 1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-25 17:17:06 Hachiman rolls 4 to to Perception [Wit+Comp-1] (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 9 1 success

Hachiman observed the features, able to imagine how they had once looked in life, yet still they bore no resemblance to any man he might know personally.

Turning to Impulse, "Impulse, was it?" Hachiman asked reservedly. "I can see you and these other people here are Awakened. Tell me, what is this place and why you are all collected here?" Hachiman was obviously involved now and wanted answers, as he had spent enough time observing this case unfold. He decided he needed to start collecting more information from these other Mages. Looking back to the body, he said, "I hope this isn't something that occurs here often." At this, his eyes turned toward Samdei, as he seemed to be the one most affiliated with this location.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse smiles at Hachiman and shrugs. "Couldn't tell ya. I'm here to meet with that guy." The thai acanthus states, motioning towards Samdei. "I was wondering myself why all these people were here." He says the last part like a joke, complete with forced laugh and a side order of knee slapping. His smile falters at Hachiman's last comment. "That... I'm also not sure of. I actually just arrived in Cali recently..."

He looks away, back at the body. The swarm of stench was still buzzing around his head like a pack of flies denied some delicious carcass. He returns his thoughts to the conversation and hopes there will be someone else to figure this one out.

"Why did you stop in, then?" He asks, doing his best to imitate a british accent. He smiles, an entertainer to the last.

For some reason Fionn’s phone started to ring and he quickly bowed out of the Hostel, unable to bear the sight of the twisted body that was on the floor.

Samdei sighed, “Consider it a cruel twist of fate then.

He knelt beside the body. “Dis is the Free Council’s HQ, and apparently -- we’ave issues.” He waved his hand at the body moments before a flash and a foot long blade was through exactly where the body’s heart was.

Assuming it wasn’t taken too.

End scene.
    Anyone want to start up another one? Or would you prefer if I do that. Please answer in this thread
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread