Ended
Watch

A Shark and a Monk sit down...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    B
    Beej

Sitting in the Commons area of Elysium in his customary black cassock and satchel at his feet, Teodor set up his traveler's chess set. It was decades old, having been bought when Teodor first arrived in Athens. It was a small case that folded open into a chess board and came with hand carved wood pieces. Like many bobbles and whatnots peddled at tourists on the streets of Athens, this set had been made cheap in nearby countries and marked up prices by street vendors. This particular set was from Turkish Cyprus and was cheaper for street distributors to purchase in bulk. Consequently the set had a slightly more Arabic look to the pieces. It held a warm place in his heart despite its age and weathered edges and pieces.

Mike

B
    Beej

Le Bump
    Mike

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich descended into the commons of Elysia, The Shark barely recongnizing the powerful, beast. It contented itself to pace quietly in the depths of Erich's soul, waiting should the need to flee arise. In his hands he carries a large thermous, and two mugs.

"Brother Raluca, how wonderful to see you. I've brought a gift with me to share over our game. Some rich Agentinian coffee that I just ground and prepared myself if you'd like to partake."

B
    Beej

Teodor felt the weaker beast, which caused him to look up. The Serpent stirred but Teo pushed it down. He rose and smiled warmly at Passions. "Ah good evening Mr. Passions. You are too kind. Please." Teodor gestured to the seat across the coffee table. "I hope your evening has been pleasant thus far?"

Teodor will sit when Passions does and will gladly accept an offered cuff when it is offered.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich sits and pours Teo a cup, then passes it to the monk.

-1 vitae to consume

"Lets get down to business then, do you wish white or black?"

B
    Beej

"I shall take black." Teo says and shifts the board around. He then picks up the mug and sniffs the brew.

-1 vitae for consume

He takes a sip. Not as think as he usually prefers but aroma and flavor had a rich smoothness to it. "This is very good sir. I have not had South American coffee before." He takes another sip and then sets it down. "I hope your business has been productive since we last spoke?'

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich chuckles at a private joke at the monk's query.

"Whether successful or not, business can most assuredly only be one thing Mr. Raluca, and that is productive."

He pours himself a cup, and takes a moment to smell the rich aroma before taking his own sip. "I've always believed that coffee was the devil's work. It's so delicious when properly prepared, addictive that you'll drink it even when it's bad, and in life or death drinking it has it's reprocussions." He smiles to the monk, raising his cup to the man before taking a sip.

B
    Beej

Teo chuckled and nodded his head at the salute. "Well I would say it is the work the devil when it is not properly prepared. To ruin something so delightful...blasphemy." he smiled. And the game has begun. he mused. Playing chess with the Invictus was to one degree a waste of precious research time but the monk could not help himself. Teodor had seen men like Erich before in Athens, men who build schemes and amassed power. Men who saw themselves better than Teo or God's laws. To witness them build their proud towers and then the Lord lay them low was wondrous.

"I hope your practice is doing well? I have read that all sorts of new laws came into effect at the beginning of the year."

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich takes a moment to admire the chess board, and the pieces. He appreciated the hand carved pieces, noting the subtle differences in the pieces that gave the set its own personality, a nostalgic smile flashed across his face as he remembered simpler times, hinting at the man that exists hidden within, guarded from the cruel world. The brief moment quickly passes, and the mask of the Shark returns.

With a cursory consideratoin Erich makes the single most common of opening moves. Pawn to Queen's Four.

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-11 07:36:55 Erich Passions rolls 5 to Opening Move (Int+Comp) (10 Again) 1, 8, 1, 5, 6 1 success

He smiles to the monk at the question. "New laws are always coming into effect, the nature of the beast. It does keep me busy staying abreast of them. A way to pass the time." He smirks at his last remark.

"How goes your studies?"

Angel of Darkness
    M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.