Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
City Cemetery: A Meeting Between the Graves (Open)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Spells Cast At Sanctum

A lone figure stood upon a hill within the City Cemetery east of the Sacramento River. A lone tree stood not far away, nearly empty of leaves in the winter chill of California. A lone leaf still clung upon its branches. Essentially it was a pretty lonely spot within the mass of headstones. But Toren's family had picked it out for his Grandfather because of the view. It had a nice view of the city skyline, all the buildings silhouetted against the blue sky. Toren had been making this journey here less and less as of late. The living occupied his time more than the dead, and so it was with his studies of the Arcanum. Death just didn't have the priority in his life. Creation was his passion and his trade. But still, he would honor the memory of his idol and earliest mentor in architecture.

Toren placed a wide-brimmed hat he had been holding upon his shiny domed head, reducing the gleam in the area by a significant amount. He walked idly back towards his car when he thought he saw another figure between the headstones.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

S
    Solaris

Spells Cast at Sanctum

Osamu allowed himself to drift up and down the rows of headstones, feeling as though he was walking down a bustling street. Old shades, recent shades, families and friends; all part of a strange community all its own. He did not approach them, but merely filled his senses with their presence. It was calming, knowing that Death was only the beginning for some; something more would always be waiting for one on the cliff of the unseen. One must merely open one's eyes, Osamu thought.

He had spent a majority of the day getting used to the streets of Sacramento, as he will now be living here for a time. It was good to be behind the handles of his new 2011 Ducati 1198 SP motorcycle, which he had parked on one of the winding roads that twisted through the cemetery grounds. Now that he was more comfortable riding around, he couldn't help but stop by the City Cemetery as the sense of the Dead only drew his curiosity. The Western culture of burying bodies whole was quite vulgar compared to the common Buddhist custom of cremation in Japan. Here, the bodies lay beneath the headstones, leaving for rolling hillsides each with their own piece of land; not at all cramped tightly around each other. Even the crypts were large homes for these dead; almost posh and luxurious. It seemed expensive and unnecessary. Very American.

Osamu stopped and stared with mixed feelings at one of the memorials left behind, wondering if any clues could remain that might express the reason for one of these ghost's being left behind. I wonder... Osamu rubbed his chin and peered around the site.

Miach

PRE

Spells cast at Sanctum

Even though he usually went to East Lawn Memorial Cemetary when he wished to practice some of his Death Arcana abilities, Miach had started to fear he would get noticed if he went there too often, and had decided to spread his practice acroos the city. Not so far south from the Fillard Goldman Museum, the Enchanter had noticed the Old City cemetary, and thought it would be a good place to exercise.

It was a beautiful winter day, and he walked leisurely in the place, ready to stop and start a more detailed inquiry should he spot anything unknown. The only thing that had piqued his curiosity was a tree split in half, each growing into the opposite direction of the other. Fitting, for a place where Life and Death meet... The mystagogue simply stood there unmoving, standing tall looking at the tree with the face of someone deep in thought.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

He could tell the man was Asian and that he had never seen the man before. It wasn't strange to find other mourners at the graveyard, but with his Supernal Vision Toren could tell there was something unusual about the man. The resonance about him suggested an Awakened soul, but Toren had no memory of him, not from any of the Consilium events. Should he be cautious? Was it an enemy, one of those involved in the killings of his fellow Mages? Toren normally wasn't suspicious of people though, so he thought it was best to give the man the benefit of the doubt.

"Hello, umm, good afternoon, sir," he said in greeting as he walked casually towards the stranger. "Pleasant day, isn't it? Though I guess it's a bit chilly." Small talk, a great opening. His voice carried in the open air, bouncing around the spotted trees and headstones. The Moros smiled, hoping he came across as friendly.
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

S
    Solaris

Osamu looked up at the approaching man with a puzzled look, as if not expecting a living person to emerge from amongst the sea of afterlife around them. He, of course, put on airs to politely greet the man's hospitality at small talk, as he did not wish to appear offensive. Standing up, he faced the American flatly. "Good afternoon. Yes, it is a very pleasant day today." Even as Osamu began to speak, he noticed immediatly that this person before him was unlike any other he had met before. His presence radiated with power, much similar to his own. It was if he had found a light shining like a beacon in the dark.

Osamu was sure he was caught staring wide-eyed, mouth agaped for a moment, so he quickly shook his head fiercely and regained his composure. He had no previous experience with other Mages and had moved to a new country without yet having met any other Awakened of his kind. "You... you're...", Osamu stuttered. "You feel... familiar, and yet I am sure I have no memory of you. Who are you?" Osamu's eyes remained focused on the person before him, unwaveringly.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Hmm? I look familiar?" asked Toren with an expression of surprise. Maybe he had simply not noticed the man during the Consilium events. Yet this man surely stood out from a crowd by his very appearance. There was only one way to find out, though he answered the man's question first. "My name is Toren and I live around here. Sir, am I to understand that you are a...umm, well that you are currently Awake? Are you aware of this?" He hoped his phrasing of the question was not confusing. If the man was a newly Awakened then he would misinterpret the question or answer it as 'of course I'm awake'. If he was an inducted Mage then there'd be a reaction of more realization and would reveal Toren's origins as well.

S
    Solaris

Osamu, though rigid, remained cordial. "Please call me Hachiman. I only recently moved to this city from Japan and I am still becoming aquainted with this area." Osamu paused at Toren's other question and his eyes wavered, thinking on whether he should trust this American. But, seeing as he needed to start somewhere, this was as good a place as any.

After a short hesitation Osamu's gaze met again with Toren. He answered, "And yes. I am an Awakened, just as you are," Osamu stated cautiously, with no hint of acusation or judgement. "I apologize, saying you looked familiar. I merely wished to cover up the embarassing look on my face. You see, I have not met with an American Awakened before and I am not entirely sure how one would conduct themselves." Osamu smirked a bit at his own feelings of incompetance. Shouldn't this introduction be more formal? I guess there's nothing for it now.

Miach

PRE

Even though he had been nearly mesmerized by the forked tree, or perhaps because of it, Miach thought he heard a familiar voice drifting in the voice. Puzzled, the Acanthus looked away, and spun his head around, trying to pinpoint the voice's location. As luck would have it, he could see Toren's face from over a headstone, a few dozen yards away. He seemed to be talking with someone else of asian descent. The mystagogue would have thouhgt no further of it, and discreetly taken his leave, had he not caught the word "Awake" carried by the wind, as well as the unknown party's aura. That was enough for him to pause, and think. Should he go and meet the men ?

In the end, even if curiosity and the cat... well... the tall blonde man headed in their direction, and when he was some yards away, raised his voice and hand in greeting.

"Hello Toren, sir. How are you by this chilly day ?" he started, a friendly smile on his face.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

The man spoke strangely and reminded him of his Cabalmate, Kiko, though not just for the his looks. It wasn't at all surprising to hear he was from Japan. "Oh really? You're a long way from home then, sir. Thank you for being honest with me though. It's always nice to meet someone new, though there's always a need for caution when dealing with outsiders, you understand. Are you perhaps just passing through on business or are you searching for someone in particular?" Toren probably shouldn't have been so accommodating, but it was just in his nature. Hachiman didn't seem hostile at all, just sort of lost or inquisitive.

A voice from behind nearly made Toren jump as he was sure he hadn't seen anyone in the graveyard. He sighed in relief as he saw the familiar form of Miach walking towards them. "Oh, oh, hello, Miach!" called Toren in reply, turning his body to face both Hachiman and the Acanthus.

Speaking to Hachiman he said quickly, "Ah, this is Miach, a friend of mine and part of our Consilium. We're sort of in Mysterium territory at the moment, but that's alright if you have business with our Consilium."

S
    Solaris

Toren seemed quite casual, which didn't surprise Hachiman since his first expectation was that all Americans were like this. If anything, it made him relax a bit, as he was himself not a very formal man. Even pushing himself into a business world all of a sudden for two years straight couldn't weed out his thick background in the Japanese underground racing ring. Being amongst a deadbeat lot that he used to pal around with for so many years gave him a rugged air about him, which certainly turned heads in the stuffy, cubicle packed office building he started work at with SANO.

"Thank you for your hospitality." Hachiman bowed his head slightly to thank Toren's politeness. "I am not merely passing through. I have moved here recently and will be staying for some time." Hachiman thought to himself for a moment as to whether or not he should give his business's name out. It could link back to me somehow. I should keep my introduction brief for now until I get to know these people better. "I am not familiarized with your Consilium yet. I hope it wouldn't be too much to ask, but I would certainly like to speak with you about it more."

Hachiman turns to the approaching man that Toren called out to; noticing that the man had a heavy air of death around him. A mortician, perhaps?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread