Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(Mimir's Well) The Back Room

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma raised an eyebrow at his companion's question. "Umm, I didn't mean contact her right this minute," he said to the Moros, letting out a little chuckle. "She did mention that she was away on business after all." The Warlock gave his friend a quick wink before walking over to the door. "I think we can leave the things here while we proceed with our investigation. We can always come back and try those scrying spells again at a later point." He paused for a moment as he reached the door, turning back to address his Cabal mate.

"With the ward in place, we shouldn't have much to worry about," said the young Censor, offering Toren a reassuring smile. "But just in case..." he let his words trail off as he fished out his magical tool from his messenger bag. He proceeded to perform a Mudra as he said a few words of power, weaving his Fate magics into existence. With the aid from Lady Fate, the Sphinx began to chant once more as he placed a hand on the door and held on to his magical tool with the other. His Nimbus flared momentarily as he weaved his spell together, vanishing quickly a few seconds after that.

"That should be good enough," said Aenigma as he finished with his casting. "It should keep people from getting too curious."

2 suxx E-Luck, no 'dox, 4 suxx Incog. Presence
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-24 12:53:50 Aenigma rolls 8 to Gnosis+Mind+HS-4 (duration: 48 hours) to cast "Incognito Presence" (9 Again, WillPower) 9, 4, 9, 6, 10, 5, 1, 4, 8, 2, 3 4 successes
    2013-01-24 12:52:58 Aenigma rolls 1 to Paradox! Gnosis 3/2-1 for magical tool (10 Again) 2 failure
    2013-01-24 12:52:19 Aenigma rolls 11 to Manipulation+Occult+Rote Spec+Fate+HS to cast "Exceptional Luck" (10 Again) 5, 7, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 3, 4, 8, 9 2 successes

-1 Mana for Exceptional Luck, -1 Mana for sympathetic casting, -1 WP

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren smoothed his hand over his forehead and scalp with relief. Ah that's right. Though it made for a catch 22 since he wanted to resolve this issue without relying on the Curator and at the same time needed help to do so. Toren pondered to himself while Aenigma went through the casting of the mental deterrent around the door.

"Mm, yes. That's excellent," replied Toren, nodding and stroking his chin while staring at the floor. "So we're going to leave it here and head back to the others? Even with the spells in place it makes me nervous. We should take care of this quickly, not to mention how Jack will start to deteriorate soon. I'm not skilled enough to preserve his body as I am and I'm sure even if people don't notice the Ward or the Door they'll start to notice the smell."
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Warlock nodded at Toren's words, understanding the other Censor's concerns. "Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the idea either, but its the best we can do for now," he said in response, giving him a little shrug. "So, let's wrap things up here. We meet up with the others, get in touch with Ariadne to exchange notes and then take it from there." Aenigma paused for a moment as he collected his thoughts.

"We can come back and check on things here a little later," he said to the Moros, as an idea came to mind. "But if we really want to play it safe, you could probably cast a spell that will notify you if someone walks into the room. That way, at least we'll know to head back here as quickly as possible in case of an intrusion." After making the suggestion, the Sphinx gave his Cabal mate another quick shrug. "Better to be safe than sorry, right?"

OOC

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Ah, an excellent suggestion. I think I might be able to manifest an Imagos that would fit. That'll put my mind at ease, unless of course it does get triggered somehow."

Toren walked over to the table where the blade and body lay. "I'm just going to cast this over the table. It's always possible something might come into the room through some other manner than the door."

The Moros concentrated on the blade while he envisioned the Imagos. That would be the central point of his working, if he could call it to manifest. He visualized the space surrounding it, enveloping the table, drawing an invisible line enveloping it, similar to a Ward. It was really like a bubble within a bubble which almost made him laugh thinking about it. As the vision solidified in his mind he began the chanting, calling the Supernal forth to empower the vision. If anything of size greater than that of an insect he would be sure to know about it.
      Intrusion Warning, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-24 22:55:33 Toren rolls 4 to cast Intrusion Warning Improvised [Gno+Space+HS-Duration4] (10 Again) 9, 1, 6, 7 1 success
    Though the spell completed, Toren felt as though the sphere that enveloped the table was a little small. "Hmm, well not as big as I'd hoped. But at least I'll know if anyone goes for the sword and the right side of Jack." He smirked and shrugged. "Alright, I think I'm ready to go."
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at his Cabal mate's words. "Sounds like a plan," he said to the Moros, waiting patiently until the casting was done. While Toren casted the spell, the young Warlock pulled out his phone and sent a quick text message to the rest of the team, asking them to meet them back at the museum.

"It should be good enough," he said as Toren spoke of his spell, offering him a reassuring smile. "I sent a text to the others, asking them to meet back with us in a few over in one of the conference rooms." Aenigma paused for a moment before adding, "we can call Ariadne from there. Unless, you prefer to call her now?"

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Oh, right, that's fine," said Toren concerning the text. "I think I will call her now though since we have the benefit of this ward up. No one overhearing on this side at least."

Toren pulled out his new phone, the old one having seen some troubled times. He punched in the number he had in the contact info for Ariadne and waited for the call to connect.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at Toren's words. "Go for it," he said to the Moros. "But let's try to make it quick since the others will be waiting for us." The Warlock offered his Cabal mate a quick smile as he leaned back next to the door, waiting for him to make the call.

OOC: Aenigma will wait for Toren to finish his call with Ariadne, at which point they can both leave the room...and we can close out this thread and open up the new one!

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren ends the call with a perplexed look on this face. The Moros turns to his companion saying, "I think she was a bit preoccupied with something, but she couldn't say. I asked that she call me back later if possible but I can't be sure when that might be. Guess we should at least go meet back up with the others." The others being the Mystagogues the left waiting in the Museum. Surely they were dying to know what their peers were up to.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at his Cabal mate's words. "Yeah, let's go meet with them," he said to the Moros. "I'm sure she will call you back when she's less...preoccupied." With those words, the young Warlock opened the door so they could exit the room. "I told the rest to meet us in conference room A, so let's head over that way," he added as he waited for Toren to come out of the room so he could lock the door behind them.

OOC: I think we are all done here. Key : do you want to set up the next thread? Or should one of us do it?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread