Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(SK) Gathering At Reverence

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Dr. Swift is studying the small box the Herald has produced as Brother Raluca enters and greets everyone. He smiles and nods, returning the monk's greeting with one of his own. "A good evening to you as well."

Then two more Kindred arrive. Herald Villiers had warned them that others were to arrive as well, and both names he did not know or did not know well. Thus he was at least a little prepared, but nevertheless the beast shoots to its feet and snarls at the newcomers, demanding that dominance be earned and exploited. Oh, hush you, Dr. Swift thinks at it. His composure holds admirably, as usual in such controlled meetings. We're here to make friends and play nice. We don't need to disembowel anybody, alright?

"Dr. Swift," the Gangrel replies to both introductions in turn, accepting each offered hand to shake as well. "I am quite well, and glad to get this opportunity to be introduced to both of you. Deputy McCann, I do believe I have seen you at court before as well, it is good to finally make your acquaintance. Miss McFarlane, it is a pleasure. I must admit, from what little Herald Villiers has hinted at concerning your recent adventures and the acquisition of that artifact, I am quite curious to hear more of both of you."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aοleen nodded in greeting at the doctor, whose Beast seemed tightly leashed if unyielding. Hers didn't fight as vehemently as usual either, or perhaps she was gradually increasing her control. One can only hope.

"Oh, really ?" was all that the petite Mekhet replied to the doctor when he inquired about their involvement in the whole investigation, though. She would have blushed, and her subtle shifting on her heels to turn her face away from the doctor was a clear indication that she wouldn't be the one to supply him with a grand story of dashing adventure. As she had done from the start, she turned toward the self-assured Daeva, who would most assuredly do the talking better and with more pleasure, than her.

Martha Villiers

PRE

The embossed crest Dr Swift can see on the small metal box is well worn, well crafted, likely to be of the same metal and age as the box upon which it is fixed, not in colour, but certainly this pattern:-

Martha hobbles about and around the closed casket with a carafe of lemonade and a filled glass tumbler, offering the first glass to anyone who wishes to accept it.

She smiles and listens happily as people introduce each other.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Sabeleth

Callum gave Dr. Swift a smile even as his beast wanted to make a quick exit. "Glad to put a face to the name Dr. Swift."

With his trademark rockstar smoothness Callum turned to look at the Herald ( Chrisie ). "Would you like me to tell the story of how we ended up with this stuff Herald Villiers? It was a strange series of events, and maybe someone will pick up on a clue we missed getting these things to safety." He gestured to the coffin and the box with a sweep of one strong arm.

He looked back at Aileen ( Bigpaw ) and gave her a wink, as if to say she needn't worry. What had seemed like an odd partnership at the outset had actually turned out to be a rather effective team. Lucky for Aileen he'd lived in the arena of personal interaction for so long.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Eager to hear the telling of the tale and the segue to allow the brain-storming to begin, Martha nods with obvious enthusiasm. "Please, sir! Please do begin!" and with that, she offers a happy nod to Callum.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Dr. Swift eagerly turns his attention to Callum as it seems an explanation is imminent. He spends some time studying the symbol, trying to remember if he has seen it somewhere before. However, the beast within continues to grumble and send him images of each of the interlopers in various stages of dis-assembly and it takes most of his concentration to just ignore it. While Callum and Aileen are new to him, he has known Herald Villiers for over a year now. The concept of bodily harm to the small Herald is not a pleasant one, so he finds himself distracted from the effort.

failure, damn the beast's scaly hide!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-27 12:45:05 Dr. Swift rolls 7 to Memory (Int + Comp) (1s Subtract) 10, 5, 4, 1, 2, 1, 2 failure

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella smiled and to those who entered, surprised by a few faces she recognized but didn’t know all that well. When Callum mentioned telling the story of the events, Daniella gives him her full attention, eager to hear the story that caused this gathering, and wondering where the coffin came in.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

B
    Beej

Teodor waits expectantly for the forth coming story. He is quite eager to dive into the mystery presented before him.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

There are, now already, almost an endless number of things Chris wants to do here. Use the Goddess' gifts, or the Disciplines of his Blood. Preferably even combined. The knowledge hidden in objects is incredible.

First however, he should listen to what Callum and Aileen have to say. So he smiles the "I've nothing to say, yet" smile.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Sabeleth

Callum nodded and took up a position from which he could see his whole audience, or rather, so that they could all see him. It was a blend of his martial artist and celebrity instincts.

"A few months back I was summoned to Mr Greyson's office." He didn't bother adding 'the former Reeve', they had all met him. "He asked me a curious question: What do you know about these? 'These' turned out to be an article about some supposed 'vampire skeletons' that were uncovered in the Baltics I think. Anyway, skeletons with metal stakes through the heart equals rumours." Cal shrugged, there was nothing unusual about folks getting scared about unusual burial practices. No, what was unusual was being a Vampire standing talking to a bunch of Vampires. He quickly moved along from that train of thought before it derailed his story.

"You may be wondering what that has to do with anything. Well, Mr Greyson had received information that the local museum was about to receive a rather unusual delivery. Supposedly a vampire skeleton had been found and removed from the dig site before any local authorities, kindred or kine, could get their hands on it. Someone had used their contacts to get the thing shipped directly here to Sacramento." The more he thought about it the more he was moved to recall the new Reeve's thoughts on the matter, but he kept those to himself for just now.

"Was it a potential masquerade breach, or the skeleton of someone who died a rather nasty death? That's what Ms McFarlane ( Bigpaw ) and I were sent to discover." Cal indicated Aileen with a small wave of his hand, including her in the story. "With the tickets to a black-tie night-time charity event in hand we found ourselves needing a way to access the private collections. Fortunately I've worked a few formal events in my time." The Daeva gave an amused smile, which echoed his beast's delight at unleashing his Pride. "So persuading the curator to take me on a private tour was easy enough, and she was fairly open about the coup of obtaining these new exhibits. The plural part became important. Ms McFarlane was also able to get in using her own talents." His own pride didn't find that as exciting though, and she wasn't one for showing off. He moved along.

"We get through to the loading dock where all the crated artefacts are and there's a weird scene. Picture an Egyptian-style sarcophagus, obviously fake now it's open, and a very hot woman holding a big metal crate like it's no big deal." He let his audience think about that for a moment before pressing on. "She tells the curator to 'sleep' as soon as we enter the room, who promptly bangs her head as she falls: out cold. At which point I tell our suspicious new friend that she's trespassing in his Majesty's Domain. She tells me she's well aware of the laws then tries to use her powers on me." Cal rolled his eyes as if this was the dumbest idea anyone had ever had. "Naturally I was none too pleased about that and she ended up running away at inhuman speed before I could finish beating her into submission." Like she could ever have won that match up...even with a knife.

"The Curator was out cold, and during her long sleep Aileen and I called for a pick-up. Mr Rodriguez was able to bring a suitable vehicle so we loaded up the crate and I went back to check up on the curator. Managed to convince her it had been a group of art thieves, you might have read the story in the local newspaper a while back? Anyway, as we were driving through town we had a chance to look at the crate, which contained that cube and what appears to be the torpored body of a Spanish Elder. I'm sure Aileen wont mind answering questions about that part of the operation." He gave his partner an encouraging smile. "Oh, and our attractive intruder? She tried to chase us on a motorbike, but figured out our plan to trap her in a parking garage and fled. So we managed to get the crate and its contents back for safe-keeping."

Callum looked around the audience. "I think that about covers the basics." He nodded to Martha ( Chrisie ) indicating he was done with his story and ready for her to continue.

OOC:

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread