Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Dealin' with Dirt

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff tries not to notice the people in the hallways, the people he was condemning to Greevey's mercy, for as long as he was useful. As the fat man opens the door, he notices himself staring at the sweat rolling off the back of the man's neck, and his stomach twists itself into knots. Heathcliff sweeps in as it opens, anxious for something else to look at. "Yes..." he says quietly as he appraises the apartment. He gives the whole thing a slow walk through and continues his internal debate.

I can't do this. Did you see the sweat rolling off his neck? The man is disgusting. I can't have this ugly bastard following me around everywhere. No. He's motivated by money. I keep my end of this agreement, he'll keep his.

"Yes, the new paint is good," he calls out vaguely from the bathroom. Will he? He has to wonder why I want this apartment. Surely, he'll try to find out what's going on if I don't subject him to the Vinculum, then he could try to blackmail me. Won't he? Maybe.

"How soon can you have the door fixed?" he asks, standing in the threshold of the bedroom, when his intestines resume their normal positions. I know. I don't have to decide right now. I will...yes, I will keep an eye on him. If he tries to betray me, then I may have no choice. But right now...right now I have a choice.

And I choose not to attach myself to this pig of a man any closer than I need to.

Heathcliff removes his hand from his pocket and walks out of the bedroom wearing his tight, bureaucratic smile and fixes his runny eyes on Greevey's face. "I'll take it." He gives a small little laugh.

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff has to silence his phone again, and send another text message with a polite, "Excuse me, sorry again, so many things to do, you understand, of course." When finished, he returns his attention to Greevey.

"Yeah, sure," he says. "Get a new door, install it... I can probably do that in a couple days. If I get some other stuff done, I can probably pick it up... huh, maybe tomorrow."

"I'll even skip the security deposit," he says. Heathcliff can't tell if the guy is just trying to make a joke, or if he's acting like he's doing Heath a huge favor for not charging him to accept a bribe.

Heathcliff can't tell if the man is joking or serious, so he ignores the comment about the security deposit. "The timeframe is acceptable, Mr. Greevey. Call me as soon as the apartment is ready, and I will have furniture delivered." He pats his pockets absent-mindedly, a clear indication of his intention to depart. All that time staring at the bastard was making his Beast salivate, and Heathcliff would sooner go without 'the other white meat' at this juncture, and find a down on her luck prostitute instead. Remember when you were running around collecting rats and alley cats? They too good for you now that you're the Seneschal, Heathcliff? The familiar pangs of guilt assault him, but he pushes them down, he can't deal with them now, so many things to do...

"I believe this will be a profitable partnership for us both, Mr. Greevey." He holds out his hand to seal the deal. "I'll need to recollect my papers from downstairs, for proper filing, behind the cabinet." He gives a small, polite laugh, like 'Ahahaha,' but wetter.

"Okay, I'll do that," he says, closing and locking the door again. "Just let me know if you need anything. This can be a good workin' relationship."

Edging very close to Heathcliff - close enough Heath is glad he doesn't have to breathe -Greevey says, "And if you're interested, I can introduce you to some of the residents here who are willing to do some work for not a lot of money. Odd jobs... handjobs, blowjobs..." he grins. "Couple of them, we have arrangements for rent discounts."

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Bad Heathcliff wants to drain the stupid man of blood right there as he gets close. The idiot has no idea what he's dealing with. The Nosferatu backs away and smiles slyly, or at least he thinks he does. "Is that a fact?" he asks. So Greevey's a pimp, too? "I am interested, Mr. Greevey. You'll have to introduce me."

They probably aren't that cute, but Heathcliff has a broad definition of beauty.

"No problem. Maybe I can get one of them to drop by to give you a welcoming gift after you move in."

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff nods and smiles. "Great." He stands ready to follow Mr. Greevey back to his apartment and collect his paperwork. The agreement has been struck, the oaf will call him when his place is ready, he had calls to return, and the Beast wants to eat. He can already see himself driving down a familiar strip, seeing familiar faces in bright, skin-tight spandex unacceptable for the general public, and their sweet, sweet...

If there's nothing else, Heathcliff takes his paperwork and bids Domenic good-bye, for now.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread