Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika stood, and made her way to the front.

She'd purposely kept her role hidden, even with her seat choice, to avoid dealing with favor currying. Without preamble, she addressed the contestants, every now and then turning to include the audience.

"These debates will begin with an opening statement by the challenged. The challenger may then make their own, as well as offer rebuttal. One ore rebuttal by each will be allowed, then two more questions by audience members which I select, and then a closing statement," she said in a dry, clinical manner.

"His Majesty's questions excluded from the total, of course,"
    Erika added with a nod to the Prince.

The redhead held out a hand to the podiums.

"Hierophant Chris Wooding , as the challenged, you may begin."

Feel free to debate via full roleplay, but be aware that Social Combat rules are in effect. More information is here. Please also feel free to ask questions about modifiers, etc.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris steps forward to the podium and bows his head to Erika. 'Thank you, Regent Brady.' Then he waits a second to shortly fix his tie and adjust his suit. Actions that take mere seconds, but long enough to be mentally prepared.

'Good evening, Mr Passions, everyone.' Two short nods, then he starts. 'Under my control, the Regency over Florin would serve multiple flexible purposes. I lead both a Clan and a Covenant. I will make sure that the Domain can be more than a way to trade feeding and tenancy rights. It is a part of Sacramento, and it could be good for us all. It can be a safe place, a place to worship, but also a center of occult knowledge for those willing enough to add and gain their share.'

'Without going into detail too much, I can promise that I shall work hard to add at least more than one interesting site to the Domain of Florin. And of course, not all purposes will come to be Covenant or Clan related. As a long standing member of the Domain, I have several valuable contacts. At the time we are settled, you shall all see that even indirectly, there are ways that making me the Regent of Florin can be an advantage to you all.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich returned the Hierophant's polite nod, and smiled politely as he listened to Chris' argument.

After Chris was done, Erich turned to address the audience.

"Your Majesty, Esteemed members of the Court, I'd like to thank you for this opportunity." He offered the Prince, the Judex, and Regent Brady each polite bows of his head before turning his attention back to Chris Wooding.

"Mr. Wooding you bring up some interesting points in your plan. I'd like to first describe to you my plan for Florin, explain why it is superior to your's, and should you agree I will graciously accept your resignation from the debate with hopefully no ill will remaining between us." The smile, remains calm and confident as he addressed his competitor, but the hungry eyes of the shark could not be hidden so easily.

"I cannot make the same claims that Mr. Wooding can, I'm no leader of clan nor covenant. As the Regent of Florin, I will be able to dedicate myself wholly to that responsibility. Currently, there are many untapped resources in that region, that I'd like to take the time to develop for the good of all the Domain. The spacious land there, as well as many cul-de-sacs filled with Kine, whom typically travel into the city for their entertainment. In Florin, I will build my personal estate using my professional connections to construct a world class golf course and country club. This business will serve multiple purposes, it will be a location where a stable Kine will be working and playing, allowing for much easier hunting in the territory. Members of the domain who wish hunting rights there, merely have to join the country club. Be it through official monetary channel, or whatever other offering they may have to pay for the luxury and convenience. The business will provide an opportunity to for the domain to hide business transactions and launder large transfer's of money that may be necessitated. I have several business associates in the domain that have come to me for assisting in the building and growing of their own business. Each with a special purpose to assist members of the domain. In the Regency I will be able to provide them an opportunity to develop and build their business while I keep a watchful eye for trouble. Other members of the domain, regardless of clan or covenant will be able to approach me for assistance. If I see that their plan has value to the domain I'll help them develop their resources as well.

I wish for Florin to retain it's high-class status. The Country Club will boast a large banquet hall where members of the domain can host any grandiose meeting they desire, with my approval. Under my control, Florin will not simply be another Regency where Kindred hunt for a meal and, and I will not be a Regent that lord's his favor and hunting rites over other Kindred, but rather a charitable and benevolent Regent. I already have many of the necessities to enact my plans and constructions immediately. All I require now is a victory this evening and all Members in good standing with His Majesty's graces will soon be able to reap the fruits of my labor.

As you can see Mr. Wooding, I'm well prepared and best suited for this position. Your many positions hold a great number of responsibilities and I fear that the domain could suffer if you experienced any difficulty in anyone of your roles and could not give the appropriate attention to Florin."

5 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-19 15:46:09 Erich Passions rolls 13 to Persuade Chris to withdrawl (Man4+Pers4+Spec1+SL2+Status(Domain)1+Well Dressed1) (10 Again) 9, 2, 5, 9, 4, 7, 1, 10, 2, 7, 8, 6, 3, 10, 1 5 successes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

ok...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-19 16:22:34 Chris rolls 13 to Man3 + Per 2 + SL1 + Status2 + BP1+Well dressed1 (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 5, 9, 8, 5, 6, 1, 8, 5, 5, 7, 6, 6 3 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

After subtracting each character's Guile (Defense) from the right, each character is left with 3 Successes. Tie goes to the character with the highest Dominance Modifier, which is Erich Passions.

Chris Wooding loses 3 points of Nerve.

Turn 2 begins...

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

While Erich speaks Chris can't help but to grind his teeth. It is always easier to reply. So much for having a name tag. And of course, Erich Passions is more a social man than Chris would ever be. All Chris can hope for is that the audience won't fall for a politician's false promises.

'It seems there you make your first mistake, lacking insight into what I am capable of. With one of Sacramento's largest clans behind me, and with the Goddess on my side, being a leader is not as hard as you might imagine it. There are ways of combining responsibilities in ways far more promising than a simple golf course...' Chris arches an eyebrow, suddenly wondering if that part had actually been a joke, 'could ever be.'

'What does your business really have to offer us? What could make your country club better than any of the other endless number of clubs Sacramento hosts. I understand that your full dedication to the work and play of kine is a lovely purpose, but I have something unique to offer. As I understand the need to share some details...'

'For quite a while now I have been gathering rare occult knowledge. And I have not been doing that on my own. Where you can help people develop their resources, I will help my fellow Kindred to develop their occult knowledge. I will help them discover secrets only reachable by certain ways.'

One doesn't quite just get the Hierophant title by being the only Acolyte left at some point.

'I see why you are well suited and prepared to start your own business. I wish you all the fun in the world at your golf course, but for the sake of our Domain... wouldn't you want to see what's really interesting Mr Passions?'

guess you win this fight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-19 17:17:58 Chris rolls 13 to Man3 + Per 2 + SL1 + Status2 + BP1+Well dressed1 (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 9, 8, 6, 1, 10, 5, 7, 5, 5, 7, 5, 6, 9 4 successes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

As per ST, I could roll 2 more dice
      1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-19 17:52:47 Chris rolls 2 to more dice for "bringing up having positions" (10 Again) 9, 6 1 success

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich maintains his polite smile.

"Mr. Wooding, I respect your desire to expand your occult knowledge, but I fail to see how plan can benefit the domain as a whole. Your clan and covenant certainly, and indeed your clan is vast in number. But I remind you sir, that this is an Invictus domain. While my business venture might seems small to one so studious as yourself, it will provide an opportunity to expand the influence of the domain among the kine. As the only other Invictus Regent besides the Prince himself, I'll work tirelessly to ensure that Kindred of any clan or covenant can have a secure place to work from discovery or inconvenience from the Kine and it's politics.

He offers the Priscus a polite smile. "Should you desire I can help you establish a library and secure location for your studies within the Regency. Your goals and desires can still be achieved. But it appears to me that perhaps, you're not the best suited of candidates for the politics involved in maintaining a regency. Perhaps you underestimate me because you are not so aware of Invictus politics yourself. I also hold my own titles among the Invictus, as well as being the CEO for an organization of Kindred that spans clan and covenant boundaries. I'm well suited and experienced in being a leader myself of Kindred from every walk of life."

4 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-19 17:52:00 Erich Passions rolls 12 to Finish off Chris (Man4+Pers4+SL2+Status(Domain)1+Well Dressed1) (10 Again) 9, 1, 2, 9, 7, 7, 7, 6, 4, 10, 4, 6, 8 4 successes

Edit: Whoops, someone (me) miscounted

After Guile, Chris Wooding is left with 3 Successes and Erich with 2.

Eric loses 3 Nerve.
    Chris Wooding gains 3 Nerve.

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

The contestants seem evenly matched, with Chris making slightly better points but Erich with a better stage presence.

There's an ever so slight arch of Erika's eyebrow as Erich touts the Unconquered, but it disappears quickly.

Stepping forward, she speaks.

"We will take questions now, if there are any?"

Post questions in a spoiler; if there's an overflow (over the limit of 2 questions per contestant) then Erika will cherry pick.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread