Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Event Planning (private)

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Mrs. Rosemary listened to Heath's protest, finding what sounded like a childish temper tantrum quite amusing. After all, the Minstrel had a way of making things be humorous, even when the subject of the discussion was a serious one. The Ogress let out a soft chuckle, offering him an easygoing smile. "I think it would do you good to listen to Perry and Miss LeBlanc," she said to the Joyeux, using her usual caring tone. "There are many other opportunities that we can take advantage of as a Court, so butting heads with those of Winter is not just foolish, but also unnecessary."

The Gristlegrinder took a pause, taking another bite from the delicious treat on her plate. "And as it was mentioned by the lovely Miss LeBlanc, May Day would make for a great opportunity to host such an event," said the Verdant Queen, offering them all an encouraging smile. "The different variations of said celebration resonate not just with the season of Spring, but with many of the ideals of our Court." Mrs. Rosemary paused once more, filling her mouth with more of the pie's sweetness.

"Besides, it will give us more time to prepare," she said in between bites to Heath and the others. "That way we can make sure that we host the best party Sacramento has ever seen, while raising the most amount of money for those who needed the most!" With those words, she set down her fork as she offered them all a toothy grin. "So, what do you say Heath? Does that sound like a better idea to you?"

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Why was it that dealing with the Winter Court was like treading on thin ice? So now he didn't even have anyone's support on this. So much for V-day. Heath's expression went from pleading to defeated, slouching visibly. "Heh...yeah. Guess there's nothing for it." said the Minstrel in mournful tones. Heath had just wanted to fulfill as many desires as he could, including the promise he made to that homeless family he had met. Not that it was going to stop him from having the charity altogether, but it was a clear disappointment.

He lifted his head up at the Queen again. "Look, Queen Rosemary, I'm not saying we should butt heads with anyone. I'm the last guy who wants a confrontation. I was just suggesting we ask, barter, negotiate, compromise, something. But I guess Perry's done the asking and the Winter Queen's made it clear, so I won't fight anyone on this," voiced Heath, explaining himself to avoid any misunderstanding.

When Mrs. Rosemary posed her question to him, Heath nodded, though his persistent smile lacked the excitement it held when he first came into the Four Seasons. May Day, sounds more like a distress call to me, he pouted internally as he began eating away at the provided dessert, hoping the Queen's treats would cheer him up.

Perry diCarto

Perry gave Heath a friendly pat on the back. "Cheer up, chum - we're gonna make plenty of money for the arts, even in May! It will be a grand affair indeed! With you and Violet on the card, how could we possibly fail?" He smiled at the jester, then back at the others with a little wink. There was no reason to piss on Katrin Byeli's cornflakes. Ever. After what he had seen her do to the Southern Monkey, he knew that for a certainty.

"So it sounds like our act card has the potential to get nice and full. So we have our fantastic caterer," he smiles at Mrs. Rosemary, "Our two famous artists to lead the card," to Violet and Heath, and then he taps his lip for a moment thoughtfully. "I will need to see about finding someone who would be willing to organize and run things like lights and stuff like that on the night of. A stage manager type person. I can organize things behind the scenes once we get rolling, but as the sponsor, I really should be out talking to our dear donors pre-show." His grin was pure innocence then.

If anybody could fleece rich Sacramentonians for artistic donations, it would be Perry.

"Does anybody have any ideas for dependable folks who are good with electronics and whatnot?"

Violet listened to the three she was glad their ideals were persuaded toward a more Springtime affair than still in the treads of Winter. Not that she had anything against the season, but this was their time to shine. Nous allons briller!

Nodding to the Spring Sovereign agreeing whole-heartedly. “Oui, oui! So many things we can do in Spring. More people seem willing to venture out this time of year, no?” Waving her fork a little while the Fairest thought aloud. “I’ve heard they have events called Spring Flings and such festivities.”

“More time for donations would be brilliant, more sponsorship may mean more that attend such a gala.” But when the Shadowsoul asked for technical persons, the Nightsinger shook her head. “Regarding electronics, no, unfortunately, I have not had an opportunity to acquaint myself with all of the Freehold thus far. But not hurt to ask around?”

Taking up another piece of the delicious pie, the Flowering turned to the Minstrel and let the morsel stay in front of her lips a moment. Her beautiful French accent flourished as she spoke. “You know Heath, if you are worried about preserving St. Valentine’s you can always…” Flipping her opposite delicate hand in the air. “ask someone on a date, of course...” Her fair brows rose in pondering of the idea before she added. “It is still okay to personally celebrate the holiday of Amour, is it not?” With a quick wink, slowly the bite moved through her lips as the closed around the fork which was slowly removed clean while her hand slipped back to the plate.

"Well, I'm glad we are all finally on the same page," said the Ogress, offering the three of them a toothy grin. "With this much time to prepare, and with the two of your performing, I'm sure we will throw a party for the ages!!!" She let out a lively chuckle, finishing the rest of her dessert as Perry spoke up again.

"I do not know of who may be able to handle such a thing," said Mrs. Rosemary in response to the Shadowsoul. "However, I'd follow Miss LeBlanc's advice and ask around the Freehold. Perhaps posting something on the bulletin may help?" The Verdant Queen paused for a moment, considering what other advice she could give them. "It wouldn't hurt asking Rook to play that wonderful new piano you bought Perry. I'm sure he can accompany Miss LeBlanc, and really make a spectacle of the whole thing!"

When Violet spoke to Heath about Valentine's Day, the Gristlegrinder couldn't help but chuckle once more. She didn't say anything on the matter though, letting the two of them exchange further words on the subject if they so wished. The Flowering did have a good point though; just because the day fell during Winter's jurisdiction, it didn't mean they couldn't celebrate in their own way.

"Well, if you all don't mind me switching gears for a little bit," said Mrs. Rosemary to the trio in front of her. "There are some other matters regarding our Court that I would like to discuss for a moment." With those words, the Spring Ogress paused for a moment as she offered them all a pleasant smile. "You see, the departure of Jack and Tobias from the Freehold has left two important positions wide open, and it is my wish to fill them with those who are suited to uphold the duties that go along with those titles."

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Heath really couldn't stay so down for long, especially with the encouragement of the amazing and supportive Lost around him. He made a show of effort, brightening his smile yet again as they list the benefits of a Springtime event. "Y..yeah, you're right. Without this nasty cold weather more people will show up. And with so much talent it can't possibly fail no matter when we do it. A Spring Fling in Full Swing. Or..or May Day, Distress Call of the Dispossessed," Heath spread his hands out in front of him as if emboldening the letters in the air. Now that he accepted the idea he was ready to get excited for the event again.

When Violet suggests the option of celebrating Valentine's day with someone, Heath puffs up, holding his breath in suspense. Could she be offering herself as a candidate? He lets out his breath sharply and asks, "W...would you? Miss LeBlanc...would you care to...umm, well, assist me in celebrating the holiday of Amour?" He gestured idly with his hand, though the hesitation in his speech revealed his difficulty in asking such a straightforward question.

Likely sensing that they were getting off topic, Mrs. Rosemary rightly changes the subject of their discussion to something more Courtly. "Oh? Umm, I had wondered where Tobias had gotten off to. Err, what positions did they hold again?" he scratched his temple, looking apologetic for his ignorance.

Perry diCarto

Perry's dessert began to evaporate as his Court discussed matters, Heath finally coming around to their point of view. "Absolutely, Heath. It's going to be awesome." He looked over to Mrs. R with a grin, looking sheepish. "Aww, did Mr. Bates out me? The piano was meant to be fairly anonymous! I'll definately ask Rook. A pianist as good as him would be fantastic. I have some other ideas for performers, too."

At Heath asking Violet out, Perry grinned broadly and shot the Harlequin a big ol' wink. And here I was thinking you wanted to ask me out, Heath. The Season of Love, Spring was... but in the Shadowsoul's book, that meant younger men for a few nights or something, not dates.

Then Mrs. Rosemary brought the conversation around to Spring administration. Perry looked to Violet for a moment, then back at Mrs. Rosemary. He remained quiet, interested to hear what she had in mind.

“Gumption! I like it.” Violet relayed to Heath. “We shall speak after we’re done here, hm?” Grinning with radiance as the invitation was dealt to her, and her expression simply said Oui.

Quickly back to the matter at hand, the Spring Fairest nodding to Perry. “Indeed it will be splendid without doubt!” They had all seemed to come to agreement and head toward the next stage of planning. Finding a few people, and sussing out the details. “This will certainly give us more time for the fine tuning of it all, no?”

When the Gristlegrinder mentioned those who were no longer present, the Nightsinger browed inquisitively. “Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with either of them. They were significant, no?” The Flowering’s head tilted slightly, interested and curious. She was also fully aware people came and went in a Freehold, some left their mark in endearing ways and some… not so endearing. Autumn was a testament to that. In many ways she felt a bit of sorrow for the new Leaden Sovereign to have to set forth such things only moments after taking the Crown. Perhaps the Winter chill crept into her for a moment. “S'il vous plaξt, continue Mrs. Rosemary. What do you wish for us to do for you?” Violet's demeanor was truly eager to help out as much as possible. Especially when it came to Spring and desires.

Mrs. Rosemary smiled as Heath and Violet seemed to be making their own plans for Valentine's Day. After all, she was glad to see the Minstrel pursue his desires in such a way. Now that she had their attention, the Verdant Queen proceeded to speak on the matter of those who had departed, and the positions that had now become vacant because of said departures. "Jack used to be the Verdant Advocate, as well as the Claviger. He was quite active in Court matters when he was around, so his departure is certainly a big loss for us," explained the Ogress to the trio of Fairests. "However, as it is the way of Spring, we shall turn the page and begin a new chapter!" With those words, the Gristlegrinder offered them all a big, encouraging grin, which revealed her rather vicious looking teeth. Yet, somehow the gesture was not as terrifying as it should be, mostly due to Mrs. Rosemary's motherly demeanor that tended to put people at ease.

"Tobias also held an important title, that of the Avant Guard," said the Spring Ogress, explaining what the situation was to her Courtiers. "Both the Verdant Advocate and the Avant Guard are very important roles within our Court, and it would be foolish not to offer those positions to individuals who are fully capable of upholding the duties that go along with the respective titles." With those words, she gave a soft nod in Violet's direction, since she expected that the Flowering was most likely well-versed in the ways of Spring, its hierarchies and much more.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Heath's face went full red and he felt likely to pop, from excitement and a beating heart fit to burst, causing his Mantle to flare brightly with the echo of delighted laughter like cherubs tittering over a mark of cupid's arrow. He'd probably float if there were a physical mechanic for it.

He could hear the sound of the Queen's voice floating though, floating about his ears. "Mmm, Avant Guard...Verdant Advocate..." he repeated dreamily. Eventually the words managed to penetrate his lovey dovey atmosphere for him to comprehend them. "Oh. That's, well that's a lot of unfilled titles," he starts, stating the obvious. "But are there even Springs who have been around for very long? And any that seem like they're planning on sticking around longer?"

Even throwing out the matter of veterancy, who among the Spring could even fulfill the duties within those roles? Heath looked for a moment between Perry and Violet and then tapped the bottom of his fist into his open palm. "Oh! I'd like to nominate Perry for Verdant Advocate and Violet for Avant Guard!" he says confidently. "Perry's already a defense lawyer, so that's perfect for him! And Violet...oh Violet...she's very...inspiring, fashionable, at the center of the musical industry." He leans his head on his palms as he stares lovingly at Violet, complimenting her quite openly.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread