Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Group Outing at Pipeworks

Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Perry diCarto

Perry headed up to the rental desk and got into line to acquire some gear. He slipped his hands into his pockets while he waited, and when it was his turn, he placed his order. It wasn't the first time he'd ever been climbing before, but he definitely wasn't an expert - thankfully, the staff were great about indicating what he needed to avoid plummeting to the ground if he happened to lose his grip.

Slipping the gear on, Perry joined the rest with a smile on his face. He loved people, and fun activities - this was great by him!

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar raised an eyebrow slightly at Danny's words, but only because his own experience climbing had mostly been indoors. "It isn't as hard as you may think," he said to the Smith in his usual flat tone, adding a quick shrug for good measure. Once he walked inside following the rest of the group, he noticed Leah gearing up for the task. Tilting his head slightly to one side, the Tunnelgrub realized that perhaps he wouldn't be allowed to climb without any gear...regardless of whether he could or not.

Liability bullshit. Silly rules...

He walked a little closer to the Darkling girl, finding some strange comfort of speaking to someone that was more like him in some ways. "Umm, you think they will let me climb without gear?" he asked her, sounding a little unsure of himself.

L
    LadyVictris

John takes the harness and deftly untangles the straps, multi-jointed fingers moving with practised ease. Glancing over Shin's build, he deftly adjusts the buckles to accommodate the Elemental's stocky legs more easily.

"I think that should be a better fit; adjust these buckles if you need to. The waist of it should rest just above your hips, but make sure it's not too loose." He hands the harness back to Shin, then digs out his own from his rucksack. The Darkling favoured a full-body harness, as sit harnesses often slipped off his thin hips.

"If you're new to this, I'll belay for you."

Though I'll definitely need to use a belay anchor, or I'll go flying if he falls.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Likewise," Terri replied to Spartan as she finished getting her harness in place. She looked across the Degnar and smirked, hoping that she too could climb without the harness. However, she didn't hold out much hope.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

Danny smiled at Degnar's response, showing off a mouthful of hooked fangs.

"Well, we'll just have to wait and see, I think,"
    the Smith said lightly, glancing briefly at Anya. His black eyes met her vivid, predatory yellow ones without blinking. "Somehow, I'm guessing you'll be rather good at it, Anya," he added. It didn't take much to realise that the bronze talons of the Iron Adjutant would have a rather good grip.

Also, Danny had once seen her threaten to rip a man's testicles off with her bare hands. He knew she had a good grip.

S
    Spartan

With Spartan's gear checked and ready he fastens his harness into place, adjusting the leg straps so they are not to tight as to cut off circulation, but tight enough to secure him. Spartan leaned over to Terri, "Should we wait for the others? Is John leading this as a group or can we begin?" Spartan said ready to begin and eager to get on the wall.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri shrugged, not entirely sure herself. "I'll ask him," the redhead said, turning to look towards John Lapsley .

"John, would you want to say anything to the group first or should we just get on with climbing, hun?" Terri asked across the gathered Changelings towards her Courtier.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L
    LadyVictris

Looking up from fastening the last few buckles on his harness, John turns to look at his Queen, blushing slightly at being called 'hun'. Even though his relationship with Terri was purely platonic - a mixture of burgeoning friendship and professional respect, from his point of view - it had been quite some time since an attractive woman had addressed him like that. Certainly not unpleasant, but a little surprising.

"Oh! Uh, not really. I mean, we're all different skill levels, so I hadn't planned set activities or anything. Although it would probably be a good idea if the more experienced climbers could belay for the ones who've never tried it, for a little bit." The Darkling glances at Shin, who he assumes is new to this, and to Perry, as he vaguely recalls the lawyer saying something about never having climbed before.

He raises his voice a little, to be heard by the whole group, though it's still nowhere near a shout. "How many new climbers do we have, anyway?"

I
    Irina

"Relatively so," Anya replied simply to John's question, before refocusing on the Wizened beside her. At her sides, her fingers curled insofar as they could with the dangerous talons. She would see soon enough quite how well she fared in climbing with those "natural" bronze hooks.

"We will see soon enough," she replied softly, but a playful smile passed across her lips. Good or bad, she intended to use this as a vigorous way of relaxing; as she had when dancing with L'aire. "But somehow, I don't think this will be entirely what I'm used to."

S
    Shin Wei

Shin held still as the Darkling helped to tighten the straps on his harness. It felt very small and delicate once it was in place, and he wondered if it would hold him at all if he were to fall. And, seeing as how the tallest thing he'd ever climbed was the tree in his grandma's front yard, falling seemed a very likely possibility. The more logical part of his mind told him that this was a very stupid idea and he should just go home now before he disgraced himself, but the stubborn part of his mind held fast. He'd always really wanted to try rock climbing when he was younger, but had never had the chance to try it. Now he finally had the money and the time t try it, and if his body was no longer suited for such a task, well, he'd just have to find that out on his own and hope no one got hurt along the way.

"Thank you." He said to John, and then rather unnecessarily added. "I, uh. Have never climbed before."

Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.