Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

([Reeve] Open Door Policy)Open Scene Spent
    PRE

The newly furnished Reeve's office is filled with the soft sounds of Queen, this evening. Dillon doesn't play the music loudly, because the door is open. A silent invitation to whomever is in the area that decides they would like a word with him.

He isn't sitting behind the large, dark-stained oak desk at the moment, but in one of a pair of squashy leather couches. Dillon's tastes aren't particularly refined, but they are old-fashioned sometimes. Feet clad in dress boots are propped on a black coffee table, while he leafs through an old American military manual. Several of such are stacked on the table by his feet... old and modern, English and German.

Dillon seems to be comparing and cross referencing the lot of them; a much-used notebook sits on the cushion beside him, and all of the books have tabbed bookmarks sticking out everywhere. Though he is completely focused on what he is doing, he can be heard quietly humming along with the music. Even subconsciously making the words with his lips.

Though he is tie-less, and in a suit, the Gangrel's Beast eliminates any doubt to the nature of the predator. It is bored, and anxious. Pacing around Dillon's psyche, ever growling with all three voices, dripping strings of hot saliva hissing on the red coals at its feat. It isn't terribly hard for Dillon to picture the thing striding in slow, deliberate circles around the perimeter of the couches.

In fact, picturing it in this way helps him separate the hellhound from his thoughts to some degree.

And most importantly, ignore it.

His hand is on the leash, but that is it.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Certainly falling under the category of those who want a word with Conner is Chris Wooding. Congratulations are in order. And to have the meeting take longer than two seconds the shadow might hint at a thing or two. As he arrives at the office he is surprised to hear Queen. Although the music totally fits Dillon as a person, it is simply a strange thing to hear down here.

Since the door is open, Chris appears in the doorway. A single and simple knock should make the Reeve aware of his presence. In the first seconds Chris sees the office multiple thoughts shoot through his mind. Even a strange thought that Dillon and he could have been friends, if they hadn't had their trouble in the past. They're both the kind of men not always in the mood to wear a tie. Chris also approves of Dillon's style. It is not something he would mention, but a Court Official might notice it by the expression of Chris' eyes.

On the other hand. I would never read military manuals or papers. And that beast of a Beast still scares the shit out of a the tranquil young one. That's our nature. But it nonetheless makes them nothing alike.

'Good evening Priscus Connery,' he would say Reeve there, but now he can emphasize the new title with a bow, 'Reeve of Sacramento.'

'May I have a short moment of your time?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley had seen him once or twice, yet had never spoken to the Reeve. It was mostly curiosity that led her to his office, though, Ashley felt like there was more potential than just sating her curiosity in meeting with Dillon. She was well versed in the use of the sanguine voice, and wanted to extend the offer of assistance.

Ashley headed down to where the offices were, her ears catching the sound of the music. As she turned to enter the office with a polite knock, she froze seeing the Reeve already attending to someone. Someone else that was also a familiar stranger.

"Apologies, Reeve. I will come back later..." Ashley paid them both a curtsy with her apology, though she did not depart until she was acknowledged. Part of her wanted nothing more than to get away from the menace of such a potent beast.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

None of Dillon's past aggravation with Wooding is on his face when he looks up from his reading. There is recognition, but no hostility, or even annoyance. Hazel eyes and wry smirk light up with the same friendliness given to every Kindred in good standing.

Well, every Kindred that doesn't try to treat Martha like a cheap date or easy mark, that is.

"Good evening Priscus Wooding,"
    the Gangel says, laying the book aside. He playfully mimics Chris' greeting. "Hierophant of the Woven Circle*.

"You may, of course. Please, have a seat and be comfortable."

But as soon as Dillon makes a gesture to the other couch, the other arrives in the doorway. The Beast stands and snarls at one it can actually sense... thrilling at the challenge hinted at by the weaker, but still powerful one. Its will to dominate here isn't mere cruelty, but desire to prove itself supreme.

By the time Dillon stands at the presence of a lady, he has already snapped the hellhound to heel. Because it is not supreme. Its Master is.

"Good evening to you as well, Miss Cohen."
    He turns his greeting smile from Ashley to nod toward Chris. "I leave it to Mister Wooding to decide if you are interrupting or not. If his business is private, you may return at any time."

Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Thank you.' Chris smiles sincere when Dillon greets him. He nods and sits down on the couch.

He would try to be comfortable, but when he turns around to see Ashley at the doorway, the only way to hide seems to be inside the couch. He feels surrounded by threats. When the Reeve mentions him, Chris quickly tries to be calm.

He slowly shakes his head, the smile returns to his face. 'No, please stay Miss Cohen, unless your own business is strictly private?'

'I simply happened to be in the neighborhood, and I'd thought I congratulate you on your new position. Not only needed, but also a much deserved position, Reeve Connery.'

Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley shook her head. "No Mister Wooding, much the same designs for coming here as well. Though the slight business aspect tied to my visit is far from a private affair." Ashley stepped through the threshold.

"Apologies as I do not believe I have had the pleasure to formally meet either of you..."

"I am Ashley, childe of Belle, of the Cohens, raised in Belgium."

Social Combat

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"It is a pleasure to formally make your acquaintance, Miss Cohen." As Dillon's slightly mischievous smile widens, and he makes the same offer of comfort with his hand directed toward the couches, he adds, "And for the sake of that kindness of formality: I am Dillon Connery, Childe of the Lady Adonia Mercedes Cabeza de Vaca, and formerly of the Chicago Department of Hounds and Inquisition. Please, make yourself comfortable."

The pedigree thing isn't given for the purpose of sounding stuffy, or to try and overshadow Chris. It is just a simple courtesy in exchange for the one offered.

Dillon watches to see which seat she chooses. The path of least resistance by the man who emits no Beast, by him, in a show of determined pride, or a wild card choice. It's a good thing he's already wearing a wry smile, because it would trigger here if he didn't; imagining her perching upon the coffee table or his desk.

Whichever option she chooses, he doesn't sit again until Ashley does. He nods to Chris in genuine gratitude. "Thank you, sir. I hope the nights are treating you both well?"

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Now then,' Chris rises with a good humored smile, 'who am I to stay behind?'

He bows his head, 'Chris Wooding, Childe of Sharon Miller, raised in San Francisco.'

Although not by her, and as a recluse. Such a lovely history.

He sits again and nods to Dillon. 'Yes, thank you. And I believe we may partially thank you for that. Normally I would offer assistance anywhere needed, but with the recently appointed Rangers and Deputies* I trust the Domain's security is in well hands.'

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley settles down upon the couch. "I would like to also extend my congratulations, Reeve Connery."

With that said, the tiny blond leaned forward with her forearms resting upon her thighs and her hands clasped together past her knee. "My sire has fame or infamy, depending on perspective, for instructing others in the use of the sanguine voice. I am well-versed myself, and wanted to extend my assistance, with the voice, when you may require it."

Ashley leaned back, her hands unclasping and coming to rest upon her legs. "I am sure with violations of the traditions, you can find use in the ability to erase or change what was remembered."

"It is just an additional tool I would to make available to the Officer of the Reeve; there for whenever you deem it is needed."

Social Combat

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

The lopsided smile turns to a grin as Chris joins in with the faux-formality, and he moves to reclaim his seat after Ashley chooses hers.

"San Fransisco, you say? I only made a slight detour, passing through there on my to Sacramento. I didn't really get familiar with any of the locals." There is a brief pause while Dillon recalls events now nearly a year past. "Don't suppose you've seen anyone you recognize from there recently, have you?"

It's just a matter of conversational curiosity, now. With the events surrounding the Insurgents long since resolved, and the Envoys sent packing, nothing had been heard from their neighboring Domain in a while. But Dillon is really just wondering if Chris had encountered or recognized the duo when they were here before.

Bringing both of their statements together under one response, the Gangrel Reeve adds, "As of now, there are only two Kindred deputized by me, Mister McCann and Whip Burns, along with the Rangers Zachary Griffiths and Abigail Pendleston." The latter of which having been noticeably absent, lately. "While I'm always watching very closely for new potentials, I do like to put people through their paces, first."

Though neither Callum or Tracy had been officially deputized by Dillon Connery, he has no plans on kicking them to the curb now, so he's comfortable with the statement 'deputized by me'.

"I may very well need your specific talents, Miss Cohen, and soon,"
    he says, addressing Ashley directly. "We are without a deputized Lord since Soldier Rodriguez left the Domain, and I have been led to believe that there is another of your blood residing illegally in the Domain. If you're interested in the details, I can have Deputy Burns contact you."

Uh oh, he's getting that mischievous look again. "Otherwise, I'd be happy to keep you on call.

"For emergencies."

Just the thought of blue-eyed Ventrue, and their commanding blood, gives Dillon a pang of sadness that he hides only with great care. The pendant under his shirt, given to him by Ariana before she left seems suddenly very heavy.

Among her peers of Clan and Covenant, Ariana Donovan has no equal.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread