Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Keys to Nowhere

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

“Look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else.”
    ― Tom Stoppard

It was late in the afternoon, a tuesday -- the Rage was technically closed for the week. Remodeling was what the papers had said. Members of the Awakened community knew that generally meant that it was either being rented out, Jammer was reserving it for Awakened only, or he was actually remodeling.

Some took it as a perfect point in time to learn a little more about the Mage that had opened his business to the Mages for the last ‘Consillium’ meeting.

Some took it as an act of Fate that led them there.

Others were just curious.

Either way, five mages gathered before the Rage’s front door.

Feel free to write yourself in
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Jammers text was as urgent as a text message could be in Geode's opinion and so he had made his way towards the rage as fast as he could, wondering what the heck the DJ was going to throw towards him to do. Still, at least the idea of finally doing something for the mage comunity felt good. With a bit of luck he might be able to cut his temper lose and let go of some steam.

Without thinking much about it walked inside the empty club and began looking around for jammer.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

J
    Jarons20

Silk had been interested in the club since she had left. Her first foray into the Sacramento Consilium and the Awakened domain had not been disastrous. The property also drew her attention, as her knowledge of the magical landscape was woefully inadequate. There were others at The Rage, even though the sign and the status of the club read “Closed”.

She did not ask any questions of the others lest they ask her any, but already one of the few had entered the building. Silk took this as a welcome invitation to walk where others had already made a path.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

A man hurried through the streets, threadbare coat swirling in his wake, his whole posture leaning forward to maximise his momentum. His eyes were sad, red rimmed. He moved swiftly, lightly, with an economy of movement and a deliberate purpose. Need drives him. A vision burns in his mind. His destination is the first step on his journey. All he has to do is find it. It takes him three passes of the block where The Rage stands for the monk to realise where his destination is. The door is already open when he arrives; only then does he stop and take stock.

A wise Willworker, when tracking a vision, would as a matter of course, summon up a shield to defend themselves when they enter a seemingly deserted building at the behest of Fate. If nothing else, for no other reason than prudence. The monk, however, pauses to consider additional factors at play, factors that render such a prudent course, reckless. If he had reserves of Mana, he would summon a shield by Rote as the Working would leave no trace of his aura or signature. While he recognises the club, he does not yet know what lies within - it could be a trap or something more... He could easily use his understanding of Space or Mind to provide himself with a shield but that would lay out his signature and aura for any to see - and that would not be... prudent at this time.

Sighing, the Mastigos steels himself and boldly walks through the open doorway. He refuses to cast a spell of shielding. Indeed, he refuses to even summon the Sight until the fuller facts present themselves, in time, to him.

x
    xohgr

Orion had woken up feeling sour. He had spent the last few days looking for his watch. The last time he remembered seeing it was at that club, the one where he drank WAY too much.

Orion had eaten a quick breakfast, grabbed his wallet, safety checked his weapon and holstered it on his hip before jumping into a cab.

When he got to the rage he noticed a small collection of people milling about. .oO(what's going on here?) he thought.

He noticed the man called Uncarved enter and decided to follow. .oO(maybe he has seen my watch.)

A
    AethrDav

Unseen Aegis
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-16 16:52:39 Aegis rolls 7 to cast Armor [Gno+Matter+HS] -1 Mana (10 Again) 1, 9, 9, 9, 5, 9, 3 4 successes
    Since the Consilium Meeting that Jammer sponsored at the Rage, Aegis had been pondering the glyphs in Supernal Script out front, and around the inside of the venue. He remembered having seen them at Written in Water as well, but had only just begun considering a potential use to put them to. As opposed to etching or carving runes of High Speech into items imbued or enchanted, Supernal Script would make a terrific means of marking them, and reduce the possibility of Sleeper Disbelief unraveling the works.

Hoping to ask a few questions about the runes, and writing in Supernal Script, Aegis made his way to the club. He'd heard that it was marked as closed, but the same rumors suggested that it could be as much to work on Awakened business as for actual renovations inside. Aegis dressed as simply as he usually did: plain, loose-fitting cargo pants, and a simple long sleeve white T-shirt with a zip up hoodie. He carried his wallet and smart phone, and one pocket held his telescoping baton. He took the public transit, still learning the paths and ways of the city, and from his stop he walked towards the Rage.

Supernal Vision
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-16 16:56:55 Aegis rolls 9 to Supernal Vision [Wit+Occult+Prime+HS] (10 Again) 9, 3, 3, 9, 7, 5, 9, 1, 10, 1 4 successes
    As he approached, Aegis opened the sight, and observed the runes outside the club, taking just a moment before popping his head inside. Seeing others, he stepped in, and greeted them, "Hi, I was wondering if Jammer had a few moments for a couple questions. If he's got a meeting, though, I can just try and schedule another time to come back."

Geode watched as one by one a few others stepped inside of the rage, none of them he recognized from the time he had visited. And even though he knew it was a stupid thing, that put him on edge. Geode used his will and openend his mage sight.

spatial awareness 3 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-22 09:53:53 Geode rolls 7 to activates mage sight (10 Again) 10, 7, 2, 5, 10, 1, 1, 8, 5 3 successes

"Don't know anything about jammer having time for questions. Ask him when he shows up. He knows I'm coming so he should be around." He looked at the others. "Does jammer know you guy's are showing up?" geode continued, blunt and to the point as usual.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"I dreamed a Dream. The first step lies here." The monk replied cryptically, sadness thick in his voice.

A
    AethrDav

Aegis' could feel the magic build in the air, and kept his eyes peeled for anything out of place. He didn't expect an ambush here, given that he shouldn't have been expected, but you never know when you'll stumble into a viper's nest. The cryptic response from the bald gentleman earned a blink from Aegis, but the other respondent deserved more of a response.

"No, and I understand that it isn't the most polite. I was just hoping to get to introduce myself to him, and perhaps ask a few questions, or see if he'd be willing to meet with me later."

x
    xohgr

Orion looked stupefied apparently only now realizing he might be somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. With a hint of embarrassment in his voice Orion said "Um, I am just looking for my watch."

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread