1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(BAB) Poking the hornets' nest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leaving the boat behind, Animus purges withdraws his attention from the puzzle of the boatman's nature. The bridge was dangerous, both from what it stood for and Tom's brief remarks on the ones who claimed it. He travels in silence, every ounce of concentration focused on the surroundings. He wouldn't let Gallows be hurt because he wasn't paying attention.

The two mages travel away from Houseboat Tom and head towards the death flavoured bridge, the thoughts of Oberon and Freya keep running through their heads.

Were the two of them involved with Qadesh’s Murder, or were they just a coincidence of circumstance?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

Gallows threw one glance back at Houseboat Tom as they walked away. It bothered him how little information they had been able to gather from the man--how was he able to recognize them as 'Sparklies,' unless he was one himself? Or else a Proximus, or something even stranger? Whatever he was, it seemed like it was something they should be aware of.

"That was...odd," he said to Animus as the two gained a bit of distance. "I don't know if you've got any Death about you, but the bridge is looking a little nasty. More ghosts than there should be, I think."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Thyrsus nods, gaze flicking toward the bridge. "I'll keep an eye on them. Just be ready to get out of here, fast, if we need to."

PRE

"I'll be ready to run as soon as it gets too nasty," Gallows agreed, looking at the bridge. "But we've got to at least take a look first."

Gallows will approach the bridge, keeping an eye on the ghosts.

The ghosts seem to be continuing in their loop, even from on the bridge, although there seems to be a few just milling around, as if they really had no reason they were there.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus approaches the ghosts cautiously, a primal shiver running through him. The restless shades of the departed always left him uneasy. He wanted to just treat them as spirits, relate them to something familiar, but stirrings in the depths of memory leave a remindor of just how poorly that particular course of action could end. Instead, eyes flick to Gallows, giving the Moros the first word.

PRE

Gallows cleared his throat as he stepped forward onto the bridge. He didn't feel like interrupting one of the jumpers--not yet, anyway. Someday, when he had enough mastery over the Death arcanum, he would like to go back and help some of the ghosts he had found. Right now, he couldn't do much more than talk to them. Instead, he approached one of the aimless dead.

"Excuse me," he said cheerfully and respectfully to the ghost, approaching with his hands slightly raised, "Don't mean to bother you, but I was wondering if you could tell me your name?"

In Twilight the ghostly figure Gallows addresses appears as a young man in a the semblance of a leather jacket and a slick swept mane of hair that resembled a duck's tail. His Corpus seemed pretty normal, though he's bent over slightly with his hands in his ephemeral pockets.

At Gallow's approach the man sneers, "Yo, ya writing a book or what, daddy-o?" he replies, rather rudely in the manner of a delinquent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread