Ended
Watch

To the Bat-Gym Batman

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
    C
    C_Lloyd

The blow landed true, and hard. Brett let out a rumbling growl as the rage built within him, but rather than allowing it to take hold of him he concentrated his will into quelling that ferocity and took a step back from Stefan, just long enough so that the Storm-Lord would know he was still in control. As a Bone Shadow, resisting death-rage meant a lot to Brett, and not just when doing things like sparring - even in the heat of a fierce battle, it was poor form to remind the entirety of the spirit world of the treachery of the Firstborn.

Returning Stefan's gaze, he nodded as he saw that the Beta of the Shadow-Seekers was not, in fact, trying to rip his head off. "Good. Keep going?"

2 suxx to resist Kurth (should be 1 less die due to Wound Penalties, but I forgot and it doesn't affect the roll)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-24 04:58:45 Bret Powers rolls 8 to resist Kuruth (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 2, 3, 10, 8, 4, 1, 6, 6 2 successes

Holding action until he gets an Okay from Stefan.

K
    Kazakin

Stefan studied Brett for a moment, his intense storm-grey eyes not wavering as they assessed the younger Uratha. There were several scenarios flashing through his head - the fact that there were a lot of mortals nearby, the fact that any human would have needed a serious rest from an impact like there...

"Take a breather for a couple, Brett, no one's scoring you on pushing yourself,"
    the Cahalith said simply. "Get some water or something."

C
    C_Lloyd

With a curt nod, Brett throws up his hand in submission and walks over to his bag and grabs a bottle of water and slowly drinks from it. Unfortunately, he had learned little from this battle other than "Shieldbearer can beat me in a fight" which was pretty much assumed from the get-go.

"You know, " said the Rahu. "Maybe we can finish up somewhere more private later. That's a good exercise to uh... train your um... willpower." Talking in code wasn't Brett's best trait, but he tried to put as much emphasis on the word as he could, so that it was clear he was referring to resisting death rage, and not simply how well you can take a hit.

Rawlins
    Rawlins

PRE

The sparring match over, Rawlins has no reason to linger. He nods respectfully to the two Uratha and prepares to leave.

Rawlins exits the scene

K
    Kazakin

"You wanna push yourself a little harder in a more appropriate setting, I'm all for it," Stefan said simply. "Just tell me when you want to try." The Cahalith wasn't averse to members of the People trying to overcome their weaknesses - no matter what those weaknesses were, even the Rage itself. But he was adverse to having to pick bits of people out of a trashed gym if everything went to Hell, and also to explaining to newspapers what the fuck just happened.

Somewhere safe. Somewhere secure, where a failure wouldn't put their entire world at risk. That was much smarter.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Will do, Sir, " replied Brett. "I'm going to get going, take a break. Take care of yourself."

Brett turned and waved to the Stormlord and the rest of the Uratha gathered before heading out, smiling softly as he did so. It was nice to spend time among the people.

Brett exits the scene.

R
    Ryan Deshane

Sounds like this scene is wrapped. Thanks everyone

K
    Kazakin

Great scene guys!

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.