Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Getting Legal Help for Maggie

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Betony was slightly surprised that the lawyer was so willing to swear a pledge so soon, over the phone nonetheless. Sure, the Wyrd would seal the deal, but the Witch was not fond of handling this sort of business in such an informal manner. "I trust that your expertise as a lawyer will help you in dealing with this matter," she said to the Spring Fairest. "A formal pledge swearing won't be necessary in this case."

The Ogress paused for a moment as Stripes spoke up again, listening to the Hunterheart's words. "Well, I'm sure you and Mr. diCarto can discuss ways of how you can be of help to him in this matter," she said in response to the tiger Beast's words.

OOC: Betony is not agreeing to the pledge being sworn, in case that wasn't clear enough

Perry diCarto

Perry smiled slightly to himself. It seemed there was enough trust in him to get the job done without him having to have his word pledged. Good. This was what he did for a living.

"Yes, ma'am." He looked to Stripes for a moment with a thoughtful smile. "I think the first step would be for me to meet the child. To talk with her a little, and explain the first step... which is the hard part. Once I've met her, I can assess how best to handle the statement to the police. Can you tell me a bit about Maggie, please, Mrs. Jasons? The basics like age, place of birth, anything like that - and then about her as a person as you've experienced her?"

The biographicals - always the best first step for dealing with a child. As well, her caregiver's opinion mattered; if the child was wildly different when Perry met her, that would be a decent gauge of how she might react to the police. That was important to know.

Stripes lets slip a small sigh of relief.

It's not that he wouldn't have followed through on the pledge. He'd meant every word. Somehow the idea of not having the Wyrd hanging over him was comforting though.

He takes a gulp of water and lets Betony and Perry discuss matters. If need be, he's ready to go pay a visit in person to the Witch of the Bitter Winds as well.

The thought of seeing Maggie and being able to tell her how things are going brings a little smile to his face.

"Good. I'm glad we understand each other, Mr. diCarto," offered Betony in reply. "If you'd like to meet with her, I'm sure Stripes wouldn't mind bringing you over. He's been through here on a couple of occasions." With those words, the Witch took a momentary pause as she considered Perry's other question. Obviously, she didn't want to say too much over the phone, but she would do her best to give the lawyer some details about the girl.

"I do not know her place of birth, and I'm unsure if she actually knows this herself," said the Autumn Ogress in response to the Shadowsoul's query. "By my estimations, Maggie is about ten years old by now. However, she is quite smart for a child of her age, definitely surpassing most children I've met who are that old." She paused once more, considering what other details she could share with the Fairest. "The girl is very friendly, rather outgoing with most people she meets. Very creative as well, and has a knack for drawing."

Perry diCarto

Perry looked to Stripes for a moment to confirm the first point. "Would you mind, Stripes?" he asked with a little smile. As she explained Maggie, he jotted down little key words on his yellow legal pad. They wouldn't mean much out of context to anybody, but case notes meant a lot to him. "Great. She sounds like a lovely child. No doubt we can have a more in depth discussion in person," he said pleasantly. Outgoing and smart - that was the sort of child that attracted private adoptions more easily. Age 10 was a hard sell, but doable.

"Perhaps we ought to make our way out for a visit, then. Is there any particular time that is preferable to you, ma'am?"

"I'm good to come over right now if it's alright," Stripes chimes in. "Or anytime really. As long as it's okay with you."

This was looking better and better by the minute. Stripes smiles and nods to Perry.

"You'll love meeting her, trust me," he says to the fairest.

"Right now is not a good time," replied the Ogress when the Hunterheart seemed a bit too excited by the idea of a visit. "Early afternoons usually work best for me." Betony paused for a moment, considering when it would be best for Perry and Stripes. "Stop by one of these days," she finally said to the lawyer. "The child and I are not going anywhere."

There was another moment of silence, before the Witch spoke up again. "Thank you for wanting to help Mr. diCarto," she said to the Shadowsoul. "I hope that your involvement in this matter won't bring you any problems." Another pause; this one was at least shorter than the last one. "I look forward to your visit then. Enjoy the rest of your day," said the Autumn Ogress, finally hanging up the phone on her end.

OOC

Perry diCarto

Perry smiled reassuringly at Stripes, then said, "Sounds good, ma'am. It's my pleasure to do my part." He smiled as she hung up the phone, and looked to Stripes.

"We'll set the appointment soon, then. Shall we speak later on?"

I'm down to call this scene. Happy to wait until things are a little less busy, Jag

Stripes nods to Perry and returns the smile. Progress has definitely been made, and the hunterheart couldn't be happier.

Same here.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.