Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Getting Legal Help for Maggie

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Perry diCarto

Perry was writing down letters to refer to names for himself as he took notes about who was involved. He nodded as Stripes mentioned that he ought to have called Betony first, but that wasn't a big deal - they could call the Witch of the Bitter Winds as needed. The list went on and on, most of the people involved were gone --

--and then he informed the Shadowsoul of the fact that the girl could read fucking minds. "What?!" Perry exclaimed, cocking his head to the side and looking mighty confused. "Seriously?" He blinked twice, then tore the page off and put it in the shredder as this case became all manner of fucked up in no time flat.

Perry quieted down and leaned over the table slightly. He almost was whispering. "Stripes, man, if she does that to whoever adopts her, we are going to have a clusterfuck on our hands. People aren't going to understand. It's not going to end well." A sigh, tapping his pen against his cheek as he thought about it. Twenty or thirty seconds passed as he considered things. "Maybe you ought to call up Betony Rue. She might be able to let me know if any measures have been taken to take care of this."

Stripes nods, still chewing on his lip. Perry's taking this rather better than the tiger expected.

"I can call her up right now," he offers, pulling out his cell phone. "She'd probably want to know what we're talking about here."

Stripes starts dialing, looking up to Perry as he does.

"Think I should call Rook or Jack too?" he asks, holding the phone up to his ear.

Should we handle the call in this thread, or open a new communications thread? Jag

Perry diCarto

Perry whispered, "Let's start with Betony and see. Ask her if she'll mind being on speaker phone."

Let's handle it here, since it will be easier that way

After a few rings, the phone on the other end is finally answered.

"Hello?" came the slightly raspy, yet familiar voice of the Witch on the other end.

"Hi Betony, it's Stripes," The tiger says, keeping his voice steady.

He's probably just imagining feeling her mantle over the phone...

"I'm actually here with Perry diCarto, the lawyer? Do you know him?" Stripes bites his lip, but doesn't wait long for an answer. "I... well, we were talking about ways to help Maggie. Perry said we should call you. Can I put you on speaker phone?"

As Stripes finished talking, there was a moment of silence on the other end, which seemed to last for a lot longer than it actually did.

"Hello. I'd prefer being referred to as Mrs. Jasons, if you will," she replied to the Hunterheart, who had suddenly forgotten his manners it seemed. "And no; I do not know Mr. diCarto." There was another long pause before the Witch spoke again. "But if what you are saying is true, I guess speaking with him about ways of helping the child is alright," added the Ogress after the long pause, finally agreeing to be put on speaker phone.

Stripes bit his lip at Betony's request. Seems he wasn't on first-name basis with the witchtooth.

Still, he sets out his cellphone and turns on the speaker function.

"Sorry about that, he's right here," Stripes apologizes quickly.

He nods to Perry, indicating the Fairest to lead the conversation.

Perry diCarto

Perry's face was serious as the phone was turned to speaker. "Hello, ma'am, this is Perry diCarto. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. How are you this evening?" he said politely, opening the conversation while gauging her mood a little.

"Hello Mr. diCarto," replied the Witchtooth on the other end. "I find myself fine this evening, thank you for asking." There was a pause after she said those words. "I understand that you are discussing ways of helping the girl with Mr. Stripes, unless I've been led to believe otherwise," said the Autumn Witch after the pause.

"We were," Stripes says, biting on his lip for a second. "Then I brought up Maggie's powers. That's when Perry said we should call you."

He can't help feeling nervous. Even when she's not in the room, the tiger seems to have an ingrained instinct toward Betony. Mostly worrying about just how she'll react to everything he says. Stripes falls silent again and taps his fingers against his knees.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.