Ended
Watch

A Private Chat (Lou and L'aire)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    C_Lloyd

Lou was infinitely curious as to what L'aire wanted to speak with him about, so he was sure to make certain that he had the time to speak with her. The dancer seemed to want a great deal of privacy, so most normal places to meet were out. As such, Lou simply invited L'aire to his room in the four seasons - where they could talk in private and there would be no prying eyes (or ears) to interrupt them. He briefly considered inviting her to his Hollow proper, but he wasn't sure if the Dancer would be keen on going venturing into the hedge. Besides, that would be far too forward. Inviting her to his room was enough as it is. Hopefully, however, she would accept.

Lou waited patiently for L'aire to arrive, passing the time by counting over what cash he had left.

S
    Sasha

Not long after the light Festival, L’aire had heard from Lou. Which was surprising for reason she couldn’t put her finger on. She’d left early enough she could make a quick stop on the way over taking a cab so what she was picking up would remain in a certain state. Maybe I should get a car or something soon. Wearing jeans, beneath a tan jacket, L’aire had on a long sleeved teal blue cotton blouse and her usual black flat shoes- she was entirely casual.

With her normal spring in her step, the Winter Dancer walked down the hallway to Lou’s room. She really hoped he didn’t particularly rent it just to meet her. And then the awkwardness that would bring. L’aire was growing less humbled by his presence as time grew on, still she didn’t know him all that well. Hopefully that would change soon. Or she’d offend the fuck out of him and he’d tear her apart. The Fairest always felt when she spoke that it was a huge risk. Maybe that was because of her Keeper… or maybe from Lorenzo telling her to shut up all the time. Slowly that was changing because of someone in particular.

In a carrying container were two medium cups with stickers over the drinking lip. They clearly weren’t removed at all. One marked Caramel Brûlée and the other Vanilla both marked off with skinny latte on the side. Gently knocking on the door to the room number she was given she stepped back so she was in view of the peep hole. The carrying case wasn’t hidden by any means, clearly visible if effort was made to look around through the peep hole. Considering they were in the Four Seasons, L’aire let her guard down and her Mein was clearly visible, slightly glowing Elvin woman and all.

C
    C_Lloyd

When Lou knocked on the door, he glanced briefly over to the door and shouted "Just a sec, " as he finished up his counting and tucked his cash away from prying eyes. He then walked over to the door, and peeped through the peep-hole, revealing L'aire's Elvin form and her violet, gemlike, eyes. Lou smiled, even before the door was open. There was something about L'aire that had that effect on him.

He opened the door and held it for his fellow fairest, "Come on in, " he said, still smiling. "And make yourself comfortable." He spied the drinks in her hand. "Did you bring me a drink? How nice!"

S
    Sasha

The Dancer heard the familiar voice of the Regal Draconic ring from within the room. There was a tiny little bit of relief that she had the right door. Because that wouldn’t have been the first time she knocked on the wrong hotel door. Sometimes it was the really wrong door.

When Lou opened the door, L’aire’s head turned upward toward him. You’d think for a Lost hotel, the doorways would be significantly higher. Grinning to him and seeing the shimmery scales peeking out of his clothing, it was now more of a familiar sight than eye catching. Well, it was still eye catching. “Hey Lou. Thanks!” The Winter Fairest said with a ring in her cool in her breath.

She couldn't entirely disguise the humor in her voice, as she was only being playful. “No, I brought two because I thought I’d be a long night…” L’aire pursed her lips, for a moment. Then followed with a very large grin. “Of course, it’s rude to just bring one for myself.” Walking in she found the first table she could see and set them down. Unzipping her jacket she nodded to them. “They’re both different and marked. One is Vanilla and the other Caramel Brûlée; oh and both skinny lattes. I like them both so it’s your choice really.” Glancing around the room a little since she’d never been in the actual rooms of the hotel.

Turning back to her Fairest counter part, her eyes looking to the embers of Lou’s. “How're you doing?”

C
    C_Lloyd

"Hello, L'aire, no problem."

Lou stared at L'aire sternly, and his body tensed for a moment when the Dancer said that she bought the drinks only for herself. He then laughed, relieved, when he realized she was only joking, the tension quickly releasing from his muscles. "I appreciate it. I don't usually drink coffee, but I don't mind splurging every now and then. I'll have the Vanilla one, please."

He watched as L'aire stood, taking stock of the room, about ready to remind her to make herself at home before she spun 'round to chat. "I'm doing well, thanks. Things are coming along just fine. Please, make yourself comfortable."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest Dancer’s eyes opened a little seeing Lou’s stern look. Anger a dragon, way to go. Her brows knitted gently in concern. “I’m sorry. Should I….not joke around?” L’aire said a little timidly, looking down while handing Lou the Vanilla coffee.

Already feeling like this was getting off on a rocky start, L’aire had that internal flight reaction as she did with most situations. Especially when she put her foot in her mouth. Which was frequent.

The Dancer took up the other cup and put the sticker another place on the top of her cup. Sitting down with a graceful motion, she picked one of the chairs next to the room’s table, L’aire took a sip of the caramel type coffee before responding. “I’m glad for that, Lou.”

Looking at the floor, pondering a moment. “I don’t recall where you worked again.” L’aire said with a statement that was more like a question. Although she thought he said something about the Forge, but she was probably mistaken.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Oh, you can joke all you want. I might not always get your jokes though, " Lou smiled. "Relax." He carefully accepted the vanilla Latte from L'aire, going out of his way to be gentle.

Lou observed L'aire as she moved, admiring the grace in which she did so, while simultaneously taking a seat on his bed. "I'm working at the forge right now, just helping out in the back of house."

S
    Sasha

Smiling back to the glimmery Draconic her browse rose inquisitively. “That depends, are you going to look at me all cross like that next time?” This time, her violets looked into the glowing orange embers. Sitting back in the chair a little more casually, her legs crossed in the same casual but sublime manner folding neatly in front of her one over the other on the seat; a typical way of sitting if someone was on the floor. For someone normal, it would probably be uncomfortable.

“Oh, that’s wonderful. I see a lot of us working there. It’s really nice of Spartan to do that.” The Dancer offered with a gentle nod. “In fact I noticed a few work at the businesses by some of the longer residence of the Freehold.” There may have been something slight in her tone that suggested there was more to her words than she let on.

Shrugging a little and taking a sip of her coffee she softly let the pleasant demeanor she had radiate over her. “I suppose you’re wondering why I asked to talk to you. You looked a little concerned when I first brought it up.” L’aire was very slow and gingerly while speaking. Even though she was beginning to see past the tall regal Dragon, this was the first time it was a private conversation between them.

C
    C_Lloyd

"I'll try not to, I promise, " Lou said with a wink and a chuckle. "But yeah, I'm glad this Freehold's so welcoming and supportive. It's been good for me to try and figure myself out."

Lou took a sip of his latte, and whirled the liquid around in his mouth a bit. It had been a while since he had caffeine, but the Vanilla did a spectacular job of cutting the bitterness. "Hmm, " he said, before taking another sip. "That's good."

He was somewhat relieved when L'aire finally bought up what she came about. Not that he was in a rush, rather, he was infinitely curious. "Yeah, I was just surprised, I guess. I can't imagine what you'd want to talk about."

S
    Sasha

A gentle laugh came directly after Lou’s wink. “Okay.” The Winter said with a nod.

“Figure yourself out?” L’aire’s head tilted curiously. It was something she too had been trying to do, and the road till that point felt quiet and long.

The Fairest took a sip of her coffee while the opalescent Draconic said he was surprised. She was hoping he’d at least venture a guess. God I suck at this stuff.

There was another long pause while L’aire thought through what she was to say, and it was almost robotic while she took another sip of her coffee, her eyes focused on the floor.

Then for some reason as the Dancer began to speak, she started to fidget with the sticker on the cup. Slowly L’aire spoke. “I feel like we have a lot of…hm, how to put this.” Tapping the side of the cup. The Winter took another sip.

The Fairest finally spoke again after taking another drink. She realized she was being awkward and her eyes returned to Lou in a slightly apologetic gaze before she added. “Half conversations about stuff that could be important.” Releasing her hand, palming upward in a slightly searching motion.

L'aire's violet eyes turned away from Lou again when the Dancer nearly word vomited what she said next. “I mean, for example.At the Autumn festivities.You swiftly moved in front of me when the scream was heard.Why did you do that?” Unfortunately her words had quickened in that type of nervous speech to get it all out before she started to stutter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.