Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Skating Rink

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    A
    Ambrose

With a slight laugh and smile, Llewelyn shook his head at Perri’s and Shin Wei’s comments. “No, not quite, I’m not really built for skating, I feel my weight would somewhat unbalance me. I was merely having a stroll and a smoke when I saw ya’ll. Course, I’m happy to join ya'll for drinks afterwards if the invite is open.” He turned to the attractive winter who had greeted him. “To whom do I owe the pleasure?” He asked jovially, extending his hand. He also gave a glance and smile to Shin Wei, looking the statuesque Earthbones over. Fascinating... A living personification of another country’s folklore... I wonder if our heritage or the location we were abducted from helps to determine the changes made to us when we are taken. Llewelyn had seen an Irish Leprechaun around the 4 seasons before, and he himself had made a deal at the crossroads, much like the old southern legend... Maybe there is some sort of pattern to it. He mused to himself.
    His thoughts were interrupted by the unusual colloquialism Shin Wei called 'Actually Big' Lou. The strange word seemed to have been used in a respectful way, but the use of foreign terminology piqued Llewelyn's curiousity - Having lived an insular life in New Orleans' ghetto until recent years, experiences with real live foreigners were exciting and new.

S
    Shin Wei

Shin held his hands up in a gesture of surrender as Lou asked what the term meant. "It is nothing insulting." He said quickly. "A term of respect. Ah... Perhaps, when we have more time, I can translate it for you." He gave an apologetic smile, but it was clear that he meant was not 'when we have more time' but 'when there's less prying ears around'.

Then he glanced to Perry and raised his cup of hot chocolate. "Ah, yes. Afterwards. There is a stand over there that does very good drinks. And cookies." He mentioned that partially for the benefit of the Lous, who it seemed wouldn't be skating. He nodded again to them both, then finished the last of his drink and took off his skate guards, readying himself to hit the ice again.

Shin wouldn't be winning any figure skating awards any time soon - his skating style was more Sidney Crosby than Brian Boitano - but he did some easy circles of the rink at a pretty good speed, avoiding the other skaters and, more importantly, not wiping out.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-22 13:09:39 Shin Wei rolls 6 to hitting the ice (Dex + Athletics) (10 Again) 2, 4, 10, 5, 6, 9, 6 2 successes

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Mask Hardened

A woman approached the ice rink quietly, wearing a heavy black coat. It was hard to tell who it was due to her coat's hood, which she wore to hide her face from those that were perhaps a bit too curious. Sitting in one of the benches on the other end from where the group of Lost were hanging out, she proceeded to take out a pair of skates from her bag. Carefully removing her shoes, the woman went ahead and replaced the pair with her skates, which were black just like the rest of her outfit.

Dropping the heavy coat on the bench next to her bag, Katrin Byeli stepped out into the rink. As the Queen of Winter first hit the ice, she moved forward in one graceful movement. However, seconds had merely passed when she stumbled momentarily, nearly hitting the ice below. Yet, her expression remain unchanged, her cold features not showing a sign of frustration at this misstep.

Recovering her balance, the Fairest began to pick up some speed. Each movement she made was more precise than the one before, and it didn't take long for her to get into a natural rhythm. Doing a couple of laps around the rink, it almost looked as if Katrin was gliding on the ice rather than simply skating on it.

After about five minutes of what appeared to be a quick warm up, the Treasured returned to her bench once more. She reached into her bag to pull out a water bottle, taking a quick sip from it before storing it away. Reaching into it once more, she then pulled out a pair of headphones and what looked like an iPod, placing said headphones in her ears before hitting the ice once more.

lol @ dice roller...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-22 22:21:37 Katrin Byeli rolls 11 to Dex+Athletics+Spec-1 (successive attempt) (10 Again) 10, 6, 5, 7, 6, 9, 5, 1, 10, 3, 6, 1, 10, 8 5 successes
    2013-01-22 22:06:04 Katrin Byeli rolls 12 to Dexterity+Athletics+Spec (10 Again) 2, 3, 1, 5, 2, 6, 3, 2, 2, 4, 2, 5 failure

Outfit
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

K
    Kazakin

Rook looked faintly surprised at Lou's hanging back, but simply shrugged as he stood up with his skates on. Perhaps he didn't know how. It seemed a bit puzzling to come to a skating rink and then proceed to not in fact skate, but the Metalflesh also knew that of all people, he probably wasn't the best to comment on something seeming socially odd. After all, he was a man forced to tell the literal truth at any given junction. Still.

"Shame you're not joining in. Seems a bit of a disappointment to miss out on all the fun, Lou,"
    Rook said quietly, flashing a slight, amiable smile.

He reached out and took Anya's taloned fingers in his rigid hand, and then raised them briefly to his mouth. The action was full of care, delicate and intent in the movement. After all, a slip could have resulted in him breaking her fingers - or her clawing part of his hand off.

"Let me just get my balance before we try duo skating. I don't want to land on you."

Or accidentally put my fist through the ice if I stumble.He let Anya's hand drop from his, flashed her his odd half-smile, and stepped out onto the ice. Despite his concern, there was no hesitation. Rook never hesitated once he'd decided to do something. He just dived straight in, which was quite possibly why he moved like he did. Without the natural flinch most skaters would have had, he slid straight into the flow with precision and grace, and lapped the rink like he'd been doing it all his life.

He slid to a halt in front of Anya, and held his riveted hand out for her.

"...I think we're good."

4 successes. You'll believe a metal tower can skate
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-23 11:47:57 Rook rolls 10 to Dexterity 4 + Athletics 4 + Mantle + Pledge (10 Again) 6, 6, 4, 8, 8, 5, 8, 5, 9, 3 4 successes

I
    Irina

The Fairest let her attention drift from the other Lost to Rook as he made his way onto the ice, to test his skating legs. It was appreciated that he take such care in ensuring his formidable strength did not cause any damage, upon getting onto the ice for the first time in many years. She could understand his caution; more so now than a year or so before, when the Draconic had met the Metalflesh for the first time.

But she guessed the ice would pose no problem for him, and that in turn his concerns would be unfounded.

Raising the deadly taloned hands, Anya gave a quick applause. The action was strange for her, and so oddly free from her own restraint. In her open delight at seeing Rook remain on his feet, there was a sense of unbridled honesty. Maybe it was a tiny view at who she had been before.

"More than good, I think. Have you been practising somewhere?" Anya shot back, her manner playful and teasing.

She stood, walking the few steps onto the ice. The Fairest could have carefully tapped one foot and then the other, onto the hardened icy surface. She could have tentatively stepped onto it and waited several seconds to adjust to how slippery it was.

She could have, but didn't. Without a pause, Anya pushed rapidly forward from the sides of the rink. Even in the speed with which she glided along the ice, there was no hint that she might lose her balance and plummet as she had suggested she might. With a grace and precision that even Anya had not expected she would be capable of on the ice, she circled the Metalflesh several times until finally, she came to a perfect stop.

At least for a couple of minutes, despite the obvious, powerful heat of her Mantle, the Summer courtier and the ice were one.

6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-23 15:38:32 Anya Wyrmblood rolls 9 to Dex + Athletics + Mantle + Pledge (10 Again) 3, 8, 2, 10, 7, 8, 1, 10, 8, 8, 3 6 successes

Perry diCarto

Perry nodded at L'aire with a grin as he laced up his skates, then looked down to tie the bows on the laces. When he looked back up, he stood and said to the others who weren't skating, "Hot chocolate is a good start, I'd say," with a chuckle. He wondered if the Four Seasons served appropriate themed holiday drinks such as 'adult hot chocolate'. "See you guys after!"
    And with that, the Fairest Lawyer stepped onto the ice and began to skate, warming up with a lap around the ice as he followed behind L'aire. His technique was decent enough; he got some good speed as he put his hands behind his back to be more aerodynamic. It was a lovely night for a skate. "We need to do this more often," he said to the Dancer with a chuckle.

His eyes caught sight of Anya's outstanding technique and he looked bloody impressed as he went by. It wasn't a surprise - ever since seeing her in the fight against the Hedge Wyrm, the Shadowsoul was impressed with the grace of the Iron Adjutant.

3 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-23 16:23:01 Perry diCarto rolls 5 to Skating!! (Dex+Ath) (10 Again) 10, 8, 7, 1, 6, 8 3 successes

C
    C_Lloyd

"Will do, " Lou smiled and winked playfully at L'aire. She was always so kind to him.

When Shin-Wei explained himself, Lou curiously looked at the Foo Dog for a few seconds before slowly nodding.

What have I done to earn your respect? Perhaps it was something about his stature, or his nature as a fairest. Either way, Lou didn't press the situation further. He would ask later, when they weren't out in public. In fact, only moments later, Lou completely forgot about Shin-Wei altogether as the beautiful Russian woman hit the ice. He frowned at her initial misstep, and lost further interest as she began to do laps around the ice. Despite her beauty, there was nothing really magical about her performance. Lou was far more interested in seeing how L'aire would do. If only he knew that she was the Winter Queen...

Lou shrugged nonchalantly at Rook. "It's a bit of a shame, but they don't have skates that fit me. So I'll try again another time. I'll have fun watching you guys, though."

He sat on the bench and smiled as he watched the other lost skate across the ice. What could have been a bad day turned into something fairly nice, even if it wasn't intentional.

S
    Sasha

Nodding to Shin and Big Lou a tick before sliding back. “Perfect, cocoa afterwards it is.” L’aire said with a grin to those willing to meet up for something warm. A final grin to the opalescent Draconic as he acknowledged her additional offer. Sometimes I wonder…

The Dancer saw Rook and Anya take to the ice and it was rather impressive. Like they were a fish to water, despite being Summer’s. Too bad Spartan couldn’t have seen this, L’aire couldn’t help but think. Try as she might convince him there was something more than when they spoke at the Forge. But, she wasn’t pushy. It wasn’t her way. That was what they did.

As she took to the ice, the Fairest Dancer saw her fellow Winter, moreover, their Queen. L’aire wasn’t expecting the icy beauty to appear and yet she wondered how often Katrin visited the rink. Hell, for all the Fairest knew, maybe Katrin owned it. The Snowskin Fairest seemed to move over the ice as if it were nothing, and like floating as once or twice she passed. L’aire softly smiled to her Sovereign if she were to look their way. The Dancer may have felt a bit better about the woman. Or more relieved that she wasn’t turned into what they were all skating on after their discussion.

Swaying back and forth along the ice, like the Dancer’s internal rhythm found the perfect song to resonate through her body. After seeing Katrin in her figure skating outfit, she didn’t want to over do it. After all, skating wasn’t L’aire’s forte. Instead, she just let her legs give way to the physics of the ice. Her hands behind her back as she swayed round the bend glancing to those off the rink, including Lou. The Fairest joined up with Perry hearing his comment. “Often yes, but maybe not an outdoor one in midsummer.” L’aire chuckled to the obvious. “Although some of the girls at work mentioned this plastic crap that people rent that forms a rink. I wonder if the seems would make it difficult or how that would work at all.”

Like a snowflake randomly falling, the Winter quietly remarked to the Shadowsoul. "Too bad they didn't have Lou's skate size."

And directly after that remark, L'aire made a swift twist on the ice to look behind to see where Shin Wei was. "Perry, where'd you see Shin before?" It was quite clear that the Fairest Dancer was keeping an eye out for a little more than a random hello conversation.

4Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-28 20:25:31 Sasha rolls 9 to Skating (9 Again) 9, 10, 6, 9, 6, 7, 8, 6, 6, 3, 4, 5 4 successes

S
    Shin Wei

The wonderful thing about skating was that it was almost hypnotic once you really got into it - one skate in front of the other, one-two, one-two, with the wind whistling in your ears and the quiet 'shush-shush" of metal on ice a little like the soothing sound of windchimes in his Master's contemplation garden. Shin gratefully let his mind go blank, let the worries about fitting in or where his next job would come from just trickle away as his body moved. He was always happiest during moment like this.

He slowed down to let a toddler and her father trundle in front of him - the little girl holding onto her daddy's hands as he kept her upright - and was passed by a pair of angels. Or at least, that's what it looked like when first Katrin and then L'aire breezed effortlessly by out of the corner of his eye. He braked fully, not trusting himself to avoid tripping over his feet while he watched the spectacle on ice.

That wasn't skating. That was flying.

He turned his head to follow them around the ice, then glanced at Lou, whose bench was near where he'd stopped, with an awed expression on his face.

"Wow." He mouthed, unable to think of anything more articulate.

1 suxx to skating
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-29 15:12:26 Shin Wei rolls 6 to more skating (Dex + Athletics) (10 Again) 5, 3, 6, 8, 5, 2 1 success

K
    Kazakin

Rook's gaze was mostly focused on Anya, as the purple dragon shamelessly showed off and glided around him as if she were taunting him. He smiled at the corner of his mouth, enjoying the movement, the poise she held. He probably shouldn't have worried about her - after all, she could cope with being around him, couldn't she? Hadn't they worked out their own system of contact that allowed them to accommodate each other's strangeness?

L'aire's gliding dance, and Katrin's deftness stood out in the background, but something else tugged at his attention.

The skates don't fit.

Well... that wasn't fair.

Rook had a faint mental image not of Lou, but of a boy who'd gone to the same school as James, when his son had been very small, and Rook had been human. He had come to a soccer game after school, and seen the boy sat on the sidelines, morosely watching the other children play. No parent had been in sight. The cop had sat down next to him and asked what was going on...

The tail of the memory was slipping away, but Rook remembered something about the boy not being able to play, and that some of the other children on the team had been picking on him because of it. He had... he had been angry, he was fairly sure, and had asked his son why the boy was always on the side watching. James had been shocked, and said that the boy didn't have parents, so the other boys said he shouldn't be allowed to play, and it wasn't fair, why should he be allowed now just because-

Rook was fairly sure it had been the first time James had ever seen him really, truly angry. He hadn't shouted. He'd said something like 'And if your mother and I died tomorrow, James, would you have to go and sit on the sidelines while your friends laughed at you? No one should be excluded because of who they are, or things they can't help.' He remembered that after that, the boy had played.

Ah, to Hell with it. An ice skate was a piece of metal stuck to a shoe, after all...

Rook raised Anya's taloned hand to his lips briefly.

"I'm going to be right back,"
    he said quietly. "I think I might be able to fix a problem." He moved to the side, where Lou was sitting, and looked at the pearly Draconic, his mirrored sunglasses glinting as his white-hot mantle crackled with the fusion of a star.

"Can I borrow your shoes? I think I have a solution."

It just might... take a few minutes, somewhere quiet. That was all.

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.