11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Skating Rink

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    C
    C_Lloyd

"Hi you two, " Lou said, coming to a halt. "I did come to skate, but..."

Lou visibly slumped, as if embarrassed.

"I don't have any skates. And they don't have any I can rent. So no skating for me today."

Lou recovered from his slump almost immediately after speaking.

"But I'm happy to see you two, and everyone else who came out." He followed Perry's nod over to the Elemental on the ice. "And no, I don't think I've had the pleasure."

Lou waved at Shin-Wei, and then to Anya and Rook, smiling the whole time.

A
    Ambrose

While the cool winter wasn’t exactly Llewelyn’s favourite climate to be out in, there was a certain beauty a city covered in snow gave off that couldn’t quite be matched by anything else. He had dressed rather simply, wearing a plain white t-shirt and blue jeans, with a slightly battered looking leather jacket and a tweed flat-cap to keep him warm. He meandered along at a leisurely pace down 7th street, slowly drawing on his cigarette. While he didn’t have any ice skates on him, it was always lovely to watch the skaters twirl and glide across the icy arena. Upon reaching the rink, he leant against the fence, watching the skaters as they circled around in a sort of strange dance. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the gathering group of familiar faces. If anyone were to look over, they would have seen Llewelyn giving a wave, before finishing his cigarette and heading over towards Perry and the others. “Hello everyone, gorgeous evening, isn't it?”

S
    Shin Wei

Sipping at his hot chocolate, the foo dog watched as the group of assorted Lost gathered around the skate rental. He wondered if they'd planned this outing, or if it was just one of those spontaneous coincidences that seemed to bring their kind together in strange locations around the city. He, for a moment, thought that he might be intruding on a private gathering of friends and had begun to make excuses to politely slip away before things became awkward, but then he saw Perry and the large dragon man both wave at him and knew he'd be accepted.

Shrugging mentally, he slipped on his skate guards and stood up, making more room on the bench for anyone who needed to tie up their skates. He clumped over to Perry's group in the awkward gait that wearing skates on concrete necessitated. "Hello." He said, nodding to the unfamiliar Lost and then forcing the carved snarl on his face into something approaching a friendly smile. "You have chosen a good day to come skating. The ice is very good."

S
    Sasha

“That reminds me, I should probably get my stuff out of storage from Vegas soon.” L’aire hadn’t really put much thought into it. The Cirque had paid for storage while she was there and it was still really cheap for her, she just sent them the money every month. “Considering I’m kinda here permanently now.” The Dancer added with a grin. “Traveled for hm, I don’t know, probably ten years or so?” It was pretty clear some stuff was foggy, not to mention some of that time between was when she was in Arcadia.

The Fairest furrowed her brows a little to hear they didn’t have his size. “How big are your feet anyway?” She said softly, also knowing that most rinks had some ample sizes, it may have just been that too many were using that size currently.

As they began walking toward the seating area L’aire saw Rook and wondered out loud. “You know Lou, I wonder if Rook may be able to assist you.” Shrugging a little, knowing that he was a Metalflesh, it may be worth a shot. Although she really was just pulling at straws.

And it was nearly too late to mention that the Winter hadn’t met Shin yet. But it was easy to determine who he was since he was the only one around he hadn’t met there. “Hello, Shin Wei is it?” The Fairest said with a welcoming grin. “I’m Sasha, and this is Lou.” Deducing he’d already met Perry before.

Taking a seat on the benches, now in ear shot of the other Draconic and the Elemental she’d mentioned earlier. “Hey Rook and Anya. All laced up yet?” There was another guy there too, a Wizened (Big Lou) who she gave a nod to. "Hello there." Being the only Winter there, it was possible that her mantle was lost amid the Summer's around.

K
    Kazakin

Rook sat down with the care of someone who really did not want to spend the rest of the evening explaining the finger impressions in the seats. It was a minor and concerted risk of being himself, but he wasn't about to live his life by sealing himself away from humanity. Gone were the days when he believed himself so dangerous that any exposure might be too much. Chicago was behind him. He knew exactly where the boundaries were now, and he maintained them scrupulously - but he did have a life. And it was his, on his terms, and no one else's.

No matter what his Keeper might have made him into, Rook would be who he decided he was. Nothing more, and nothing less.

"You know you have my complete confidence,"
    the Metalflesh said amiably, getting his skates on. The warmth of his blazing Mantle was utterly unseasonable, but at least he made a wonderful space heater if anyone got chills from the ice. He returned the smiles from the other Lost with his own, unique, corner of the mouth smile. That odd little trademark fit his face so perfectly, it would have looked bizarre without it.

"Hello, Sasha. Nearly. You heading out on the ice?"

I
    Irina

Anya peered around the ice rink and the flicker of eagerness to yank on the skates and take to the ice was evident. It might not exactly have been weather typical for an ice rink and winter - there was no snow and the chill was not as low as she was used to, but a little unseasonable weather was not enough to temper her current mood set. She felt fully relaxed, for the first time in many weeks. Anything that might be preying on her mind had been successfully thrust behind a firmly locked mental gate, and what lay ahead were a few hours of twirls, spins and tumbles.

Recognising Shin not too far away, the Fairest raised a hand before concentrating on tugging on the boots and lacing them up with her deadly talons. It had become something of an art form, not that anyone else would notice it particularly.

"Just about... ready," Anya responded to L'aire, and tightened the final loop before standing. She extended a hand to Rook.

S
    Shin Wei

Shin studied the large opalescent dragon man. Seeing him wasn't as much as a shock as when he'd run across Anya for the first time - he'd had time to mentally prepare himself for meeting another of the elder kin, and had reminded himself that the Draconic Lost were no more true dragons than he was truly a shishi. But this particular Draconic was still overwhelming in his own way. For one, while he didn't have Anya's dangerous predatory grace about him, he towered over the rest of them. And for another, he had a dignified, regal bearing that reminded him very much of the Lung who had visited the temple.

"Good to meet you, Sasha." He said, nodding to her. To Lou, he gave a slightly deeper bow - not enough to be out of place here in the plaza, but far less than he might have elsewhere. "And you, 榮龍, Lou." The word might have been unrecognisable, but it was clearly a term of respect.

Then he straightened and smiled at Perry. "And Happy New Year to you, Mister Perry. Does your office still need couriers? My term with the delivery company is over, hence my afternoon off."

Perry diCarto

"Road trip to Vegas to go get your stuff one weekend?" the Shadowsoul suggested with a smile to Sasha. Roaaad trippp!

As Lou came over, he flashed a smile, but Perry frowned sadly for a moment at the fact that Lou couldn't get a skate rental. "That's too bad, Lou. But hey, there's always drinks to be had after," he said brightly. There came little Big Lou thereafter, and the Shadowsoul waved back. "Hey, how are things? Out for a skate?" he asked the Summer. He looked at L'aire for a moment, then at everyone who had arrived - it was a Lost skating night tonight! To Shin Wei, he said, "Ah, yes, you've tested it for us?" A chuckle. "Great! How you doing?"

He moved toward the benches with L'aire to get his skates on, figuring the group wouldn't mind following them along so they could lace up. "Hey, Rook; hey, Anya," the Shadowsoul said with a flash of a smile, taking a seat and taking his shoes off to skate up. As he started to put his first skate on, he considered Shin Wei's question for a moment. "Happy New Year to you too, Shin... and just Perry is okay." He appreciated the respectful mode of address but it really didn't seem all that necessary. He tapped his fingers to his chin for a moment."Contract over, eh? Yeah, I think the firm's still looking for a courier... you want to have a chat about it after we skate?"

He was happy to have a discussion with the foo dog about getting him some work - but business before pleasure when he was lacing up skates? Not on your life.

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou returned the wave to his little "Big" counterpart, with a slight smile and an affirmative nod, in response to his question.

L'aire's suggestion confused the Draconic somewhat. How could Rook help me out?

Lou peered at the Metalflesh briefly before turning back to L'aire and shrugging. "It doesn't matter, I'm not too upset - like Perry said, we can hang out after." Lou didn't drink, but he enjoyed the company that it generally involved.

Shin Wei's bow was unexpected, and Lou smiled awkwardly and returned the bow, doing his best to properly show respect fo Shin-Wei's traditions. Of course, he had no idea what those traditions actually were, but he figured returning a bow wouldn't be that much of a problem.

When he stood up, he paused for a brief moment. "Excuse me, Shin-Wei... what did you call me?"

S
    Sasha

She had watch the two hot Summer’s finish fixing their skates when the Dancer replied. “You bet Rook.” The Fairest finished lacing up her skates, tightening them so they weren’t loose on her feet then around the base of her ankles pulling at the cross hatching. Walking over the cement with the skate guards still on, in that odd sort of Frankenstein sort of stepping.

Laughing gently as Perry suggested a road trip. “Maybe, I’d have to check with someone before going.” L’aire actually meant Dorian back in Vegas, shit had hit the fan there before she left.

“Well….okay.” Awkwardly starting a sentence, then not realizing she couldn’t say what she wanted. The Dancer had a reflexive slightly disappointed look on her face when Lou said it didn’t matter. But L’aire wasn’t pushy despite hating to see him be left out. “Yeah, we should check out something after.” Nodding with a slight grin.

L’aire had traveled round the world quite a few times. Some customs struck her once in a while, like how she only got a nod, but Lou a bow. It wasn’t bothersome, just one of those things she noticed. “Good to meet you Shin.” Smiling sincerely to the Elemental.

With a nod to them all, L’aire only removed her skate guards when she could step on the ice without them. It was probably meticulous looking or that of someone who was careful about things that mattered to them. Taking a quick lap around the ice, she flowed across it without issue. Nothing fancy, and it may have looked like a warm up. Skating back to the edge where everyone was gathered, she remained on the ice and still in ear shot. Looking toward the pearly Draconic. “Well, if you change your mind Lou, just flag me down.” L’aire waited a bit before returning. She was also curious to see the Metalflesh and other Draconic hit the ice too. Hopefully together they wouldn’t melt it.

The Fairest wondered if the other Summer was any good at skating. ( Spedlord ).

2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-21 19:59:31 Sasha rolls 9 to Skating (9 Again) 7, 5, 1, 6, 1, 4, 1, 10, 2, 8 2 successes

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.