Ended
Watch
91 - 99
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Skating Rink

Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10
    I
    Irina

"Hot chocolate, definitely," Anya replied to Big Lou, as the steaming drinks were handed over to her. She slipped her talons very carefully through the handles, and turned around to pass one of the fresh drinks to Rook. There was just something about drinking hot chocolate while skating that was a must; the Fairest could remember doing that long ago.

"Everyone seems to be doing quite well on the ice," she remarked between careful dips of the hot, sweet drink. "No breakages, at least."

Perry diCarto

"Good, always good," Perry replied with a grin. It was true. Since he'd joined Spring and really began pursuing his desires, life had taken on new meaning. It had been wonderful. He grinned at L'aire. "Pretty sure I heard it about show biz originally." A little chuckle. He was glad to see L'aire having so much fun with the ice. She was so talented - no doubt the Dancer would love every minute of this.

I should get her an annual pass for the arena...

"Roller skating is so much fun!"
    He laughed, remembering younger times, days before Arcadia. "Uhh... I might be dating myself here, but I remember the big roller skating rooms with the lights and the loud 80s music and the very big hair..." Perry winced at how old he was.

S
    Sasha

Maybe L’aire was pouring salt on a wound after the Fairest… Lawyer winced.

“Perry, I’m guessing you had ‘rock star’ flowing hair… didn’t you.” The Dancer winked jokingly. “Besides, I hear the 80’s were fun times.” Even though she was around for a small part of it.

Glancing around the Rink, it seemed like the crowd was dwindling down and dusk passed into the city sharply. With the bright lights of the area, it may have crept up on them a little. "Should get going soon though, I hate to be those people, who don't leave till management has to tell you they're closing." Chuckling a little, despite actually doing it herself in Italy. Not by choice.

Alright Folks, this thread has been fun, but considering Spring
    is right around the corner anyway, lets rap it up soon (3/19/13)

A
    Ambrose

"Oh. Well yes... I just didn't think so many people would be so good at rollerskating." Replied Llewelyn to Rook. At Anya's comment about breakages Llewelyn gave a short nod. "That is a lucky thing. While I have a modest set of skills with caring for the injured in case something serious did happen, I think having to rush someone to the hospital would put an unpleasant finish on the night." After taking another long sip of his mocha, Llewelyn looked at his watch. Wow... How time flies! "Sorry, but while is' been lovely to spend the evening with ya'll, I really mus' be gettin' home. Ain't got a missus ta' cook me dinner, an' I ain't got the cash for takeaway. Is' been a pleasure seein' yall." He said, offering his hand to Rook and Anya. "An' is' been a pleasure to meet you too, Mr. Wei." He said, offering his hand to the Foo-dog.

K
    Kazakin

Rook took Lou's hand very lightly, his riveted fingers holding on with a great deal of care as he shook the Wizened's hand. It was almost too light, and somewhat surprising given the immovability of the grip. The Metalflesh had several personal compunctions against accidentally pulling people's arms out of their sockets, and when he met someone new, it was always a challenge to guess where the limit was.

"Everything's a challenge,"
    Rook said amiably. He had been good. Not as good as Katrin, or L'aire, but still damned good. Perfection in physicality was something he strove for, even if it was only at something as simple as ice skating. Who knew when that act of defiance would come in useful? Defying the nature that screamed that he should not do things for the pleasure of them alone was enough.

He had not been made to dance, or feel the rush of enjoyment with others. But he chose to.

"Have a good evening, Lou. Actually, I should be heading off myself. The piano needs playing tonight, and it would be very unfortunate if I was late."

I
    Irina

At the remark that they needed to head off, Anya gave a little nod of agreement. "Yes, as much as we would like to stay, sometimes work has a habit of getting in the way," she joked mildly between sips of the warming hot chocolate. They both enjoyed their jobs so it was hardly a terrible encroachment of their fun.

"Enjoy the rest of your day," she bid with a smile.

S
    Shin Wei

Still holding the money out to Llewelyn, Shin watched as Rook and the Wizened shook hands and made ready to leave. Was it time to go already? He squinted up at the sky and was surprised to see that it was nearly dark. He had lost track of time again. He sighed. That was happening with increasing frequency lately.

He was aware that Anya had said something, but he couldn't for the life of him remember what it had been. Feeling that he should say something while the other two exchanged pleasantries, he forced himself to speak. "You... You both skated most excellently." He said quietly.

Then 'Big' Lou turned to him and made to shake his hand as well. Shin turned his head down to look at the man's outstretched hand, then gently placed all the bills in his free hand there. "Your, uh, change." He said.

Said change included Lou's original $10, which meant that he got more money back than he'd originally given the foo dog. Shin seemed not to have noticed, or even to care about the value of what he was holding beyond the basic social mechanics of 'this belongs to him and must be returned'.

Then, he inclined his head to each of them in turn and muttered a hurried 'Good evening' before lumbering back to the bench where he'd left his shoes. He sat down heavily and began untying his skates. This skating trip had taken an unexpected turn, and he looked forward to getting back to the silence of his apartment and trying to drown his thoughts in stillness.

A
    Ambrose

As Rook accepted his handshake, Llewelyn couldnt help but feel strange. It was like the Iron Man was holding back, not wanting to commit to the shake, an' Llewelyn's mama tol' him a weak han'shake ain't a trusty one. Nah... Check yo'self Lou. Spartan says he's cool, an' he's the victor. Mothafucka's prolly' more commited to the courts than you, boy. Weak han'shakes mean nothin' cept ta cowboys and italians, an' you ain't neither. "You too, sah. Enjoy slammin' the ivory."
    Llewelyn looked down at the money Shin stuffed into his hands. "Oh.. Um. Thanks." He said, looking up that the Earthbones with a slightly confused look. "Good night everyone" he says to the group, before waving out to the Lost on the ice.

Llewelyn exits the scene - Fun thread everyone

K
    Kazakin

Lou's reaction to Rook's rigidly controlled handshake went straight over the Red Victor's head. The only thing that the Metalflesh noticed in that regard was that the Wizened still had all his fingers, which meant that the social interaction had been perfectly successful. Anya had helped him become much more comfortable with touching people, but the complexities of handshakes still sometimes made him struggle. His hands were too rigid, his muscles too powerful to relax.

"I will," he said simply, before giving Shin a little nod of thanks. "I'm glad you enjoyed watching. It's quite the compliment."

Even if it had only come about because the Iron Adjutant was most adept at provoking him into showing off. But he knew on some level that it pleased her to see his adeptness. It pleased him to make her happy. To share those stolen, defiant moments that neither of them should have been able to have.

That was Summer. Even in mid-Winter.

Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.