Ended
Watch

Albert meets with the Herald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low. Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is much quieter.

As usual here in the Underground a calmer atmosphere prevails in the low lit area which is heady with the brightening scent of freshly squeezed lemons.

Tiny Martha sits on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and seems to be alone, but she knows Dillon is very close by.

Martha sits happy and studiously at a low coffee table which is piled with notes, printouts of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers, tables of spreadsheets for various Domain accounts, learned academic periodicals, PDF print-outs of FBI manuals and police procedural documents.

A carafe of freshly made iced lemonade and tall tumbler glasses rest on the coffee table too.

Martha sits prettily, meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a black 'winter pattern' felt broad brimmed cap of the Edwardian English school fashion and of the traditional winter design...the small embroidered cap badge seems to be of some heraldic crest and matches that of the embroidered badge on her neat black blazer. A pair of scholarly wire-framed spectacles are perched on the end of her nose.

She wears a long black gymslip which shows her remaining slim leg to mid calf. Her ebony black hair is tied into long neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a large red silken ribbon bow.

Martha wears a white kneesock on her trim and athletically slim flesh leg and a carefully polished black Mary Jane shoe.

She wears no C-Leg on this evening and, not having much reason to go out until her planned patrol later in the evening, Martha sports no Blush of Life yet.

Her gymslip falls flat from high up her left thigh. Thereby revealing the outline of the extent of her leg amputation is shown clearly by the outline and small mound of her thigh stump.

A pair of crutches rest at her side on the couch. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel rests close to her crutches.

Martha is studying several large maps of Sacramento and the surrounding countryside. She looks up from the map to glance, attentive and alert, over to The Stairs to see if Albert has arrived for their appointment.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

Albert arrived promptly, in his usual blue suit and tie, he always wanted to look his best while in the presence of officers. His usual Bush of Life was active which perhaps exacerbated his nervousness. He knocked politely on the door to the Herald's office.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles as she sees Albert making his way to her office chambers. Gesturing to him with a happy wave, she tries to catch his attention to join her over where she sits in the Common Area of the Elysian Field.

"Good evening, sir!"
    she calls carefully to attract Albert's attention. Another happy gesture is made. Dainty hands beckon him once again.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Savnok

Albert looked relieved at the sight of Martha. A genuine smile spreads across his lips. "Hello Herald Villiers," he said as he approached. "As always, I'm grateful for your generosity." He sat down across from Martha, though despite his best efforts his back was fully upright and the occasional jitter seized his fingers.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A nods and smile and a small hand waves towards the carafe of fresh lemonade. "You are welcome, sir! I wonder, would you care to have a glass of lemonade? Perhaps to help settle in!" she adds a smile, hoping to reassure Albert. Seeing he is a little nervous, Martha leans close and lifts the carafe and smiles with a gesture to encouarge reassurance and hospitality.

S
    Savnok

Albert eyed the lemonade. The first enounter was none to pleasant. He was so thirsty too - though not for lemonade. No, he would not turn down this Kindred's hospitality after all the help she had given freely and without any expectation of reciprocation. Sawyer nodded, "Yes, thank you Miss Villiers," he reaches for the glass and grasps it in his hand. Why can I never enjoy alcohol like I used to? He sipped the juice quietly, it tasted good though his stomach would sooner disagree, "Just as good as the first time."

-1 vitae for drinking

Martha Villiers

PRE

Allowing Albert time to settle and recover his composure Martha simply stays quiet and watches. A small smile is always ready for Albert.

"I''m pleased you like it, sir!" she chirped. Though she decided to sit back, fold her hands meekly in her lap and let Albert find his own way to tell the story of what troubled him.

S
    Savnok

The pause in conversation was not lost on him. His tone was shaky, "Miss Villiers, I delved into learning more about the Domain and..." he set the glass aside for a moment, "in my investigations I worry I may be caught up within the great chess match that our kind play and I know not what I am able to do about it. I meet Kindred and I all too frequently experience nothing else than abject terror. I nearly fled from my own Priscus."

He began to stammer, "I-I...I've been told not to worry over such things, yet, I can barely summon the effort to tame my apprehension. A kindly old man by appearance alone frightened me. I've never been around so many Kindred whereby I grow more fearful each night. Is there a means to surmount this apprehension?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Wide eyed Martha listens. Her gentility is, hopefully, obvious...as is her anxiety over Albert's concerns.

Something had spooked him. Teo had alarmed him? His own Priscus caused fear? Albert needed help.

Aware that she lacked the ability to untangle any psychological harm he suffered from; Martha decided she could at least offer practical help.

After pausing to think and play with one of her long twin tails as she thought she replied;
    "You could always come each evening to the Elysian Fields, sir." she smiled. Martha's words were soft and quiet, "This would have a dual effect. Here you should be safe from harm. No Kindred can, or should, raise their Powers to harm you whilst in the Fields and you would be in a position to observe and be watchful for any conspiracy you consider may be afoot!"

S
    Savnok

"That I am most grateful for. I know that none may raise arms against another here, though once outside, things are under different circumstances." He said with a degree of shame, "I've learned, or told rather, as we age, we grow more predatory. His tone gradually grew more frustrated, "My sire mentioned that we're a paranoid bunch and my clan being the most paranoid of all certainly passed along that wonderful trait. He paused to breathe, despite not needing it, "Perhaps, to best describe it, I am afraid of what I may one day become, and what I may potentially encounter."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread