Nightly Patrol

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella was on the last leg of her nightly patrol, it had been an uneventful evening. She was making her way past some stores and pauses to look in the display windows, standing far enough away so her lack of a reflection wouldn’t be noticed by any Kine. She was dressed rather casually for the evening, wearing a silver shirt under a coat over some black leggings and her boots. This was her attempt to blend in more with the local Kine, figuring she stood out wearing her usual dresses.
    Samsara
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

S
    Samsara

The bench wasn't a bus stop, Magnolia had learned not to sit at those when every few pages she had to wave a stopping bus through. She sat, relaxed, as if the cold air didn't bother her, with a book in hand. It had a large Cheshire smile on the front cover in blue on a black backdrop. The pages were dusty but otherwise in mint condition and it smelled of dust and glass cleaner. The streetlamp a few feet away gave enough light to read by, as well as ring her in a halo or island of light. It was late and there were few, if any, people still out.

Magnolia fidgeted with her feet, crossing and uncrossing them as she read. Her look was casual with a simple long black dress, that made a soft sound as the fabric rubbed against itself, and her hair twisted and held by a short yellow no. 2 pencil. She was part way through the book when the fashionable, chic would have been a good word, dressed woman walking caught her attention. She looked younger and quite a bit better dressed, much to Magnolia's chagrin.

Magnolia wanted to think Skank! at the chic woman but she could not ignore her own envy enough to do so.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella pauses and looks around at the feeling of another Beast. Her own rising to the challenge of one smaller, ready to show its dominance. Her eyes find the source, at least who she believes it belongs to and makes her way over to the bench. She looks to the refined beauty reading a book; an air of elegance surrounded her and smiles, “Good evening, mind if I ask what you are reading?” asks the British Shadow. Being as close as she was, her heightened senses pick up on a scent, and it was one she would like to soon forget, but the smile stays on her face.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

S
    Samsara

"Carroll," she said. It was a few seconds before she put the book down or took her eyes from the page and when she did muttered a page number to herself. With her full attention on the stranger and as close as she had approached, Magnolia could see her beauty clearly. It was the kind of beauty like that of a lone poppy in a field of white roses. Magnolia was sure she had read that somewhere but could not remember where. She took solace in that, that small piece of a cloying sentence was not her own.

The astute observer would have noticed the condensation of the younger woman's breath and the lack of such meteorologic magic in Magnolia's. Inwardly she hoped this stranger was not such a person.

"How's the Night treating you?" What she didn't say but occupied her mind was; What's someone like you -out-of-the-ordinary and pretty- doing out, alone? Her mind as such it was tried to come up with answers to the unasked question, and tried many of them like a beginner with puzzle pieces: Heading to or from a boyfriend's...girlfriend's? hook-up, party...The options were too many.

"Cute jacket. Where did you get it?" she added. Magnolia tried to keep her face calm but she never actually sat down to practice that skill, so it shown quite clearly what she was thinking.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella tries to place the book, but was unable to. “Can’t say I have read that one is it something worth picking up?” she asked.

“It has been an uneventful evening thus far so I can’t complain. And yourself?” She asks, “Are you new in town? I don’t remember seeing you before.” She would have remembered the ethereal beauty.

Smiling, “Thank you, I actually got it from a nice little shop back home. I'm Daniella by the way.”

S
    Samsara

"The author was in all likelihood a pedophile, but the book's a classic." Magnolia said with a smirk. It was the schoolgirl in her, the part of her that would have giggled at expletives or the mention of sex. Talking reminded her to breathe, something she sometimes forgot. "Uneventful...in that outfit...?" It was a hollow statement, and her voice betrayed her, clear as day. But questions made her uncomfortable, they always had, even more so now that she had actual things meant to be kept secret.

"You're a very curious one," she said. But then looking at the book in hand added slyly, "Ay the oyster's were curious too, and you know what happened to them," and tapped the cover. She laughed under her breath. Magnolia politely stood and introduced herself. "Enchantι Daniella. Magnolia," she said simply. But as she stood, her person caught the air and her scent broke like a wave as she extended her hand. If people could see smells, it might have looked something like a tendril of mist that road on intangible winds, prepared to curl around anything that touched Magnolia. Luckily there was no such thing as winds intangible or tendriled mist so salient.

"Do I stand out as much," she asked, but it was rhetorical. "Only just arrived really. I'm renting a room, but not sure I'll stay." Magnolia wasn't going anywhere, in her mind, the West Coast was the furthest one could get from New York. And she desperately never wanted to see New York again.

"So where would you have seen me? I can't say I'd think we'd run in the same circles." She leaned against the bench and looked at Daniella attentively, only to notice she was peckish.

Oh bother...

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

An eyebrow is raised, “Sounds like an interesting book, perhaps I will have to pick up a copy.” She replied. When she mentions her outfit, Daniella glances down at herself, then back to Magnolia, “Yes, uneventful. This is not my usual attire, I’ve actually dressed down this evening.” Just what was she hinting at, she wondered, slightly narrowing her eyes for a second.

“It is my job to be curious.” She said, pausing, “Pleased to meet you Magnolia.” Accepting her hand as the smell reaches her nose again.

“I do hope you intend to go through the right channels if you intend on staying, which I can help you with if you like.” She offers, “But of course that is a conversation best left for a more private setting.” She added.

Smiling, “Oh I think we have more in common than you might realize. I would have seen you at one of the functions, either formal or not.” Her tone friendly.

S
    Samsara

Magnolia's interest was peaked and doubt crossed her brow.

"That's an interesting thing to say Daniella," she said and looked up and down the street they were on, "we seem to be alone," she added. Magnolia inched closer and leaned in attentively, aware that she was now treading on personal space. It was her own take on a victim theory quoted by a serial killer; he explained, before his execution, when he shook hands he would often extend his grasp past the palm and grab the wrist, and depending on their reaction, could tell if they were submissive. And while she could conceptualize this and the act of killing, some part of her remained hesitant to commit, so she settled for something more subtle.

"Right channels? Your job? Just what is it you do my darling?" she asked.

Suddenly a thought occurred to Magnolia and something like shock or surprise passed across her features. "Or has this all been a, thinly veiled...proffer of coitus?" she said, a Cheshire grin emerging.

Coitus!...proffer! the words surprised her too, but any alternative seemed vulgar by comparison. And while not technically the proper term to describe two women, she felt the point remained intact.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Smiling, “We are never alone, and what needs to be discussed is better left for a later evening. Have you heard of the Avalon? It is perfect for such discussions, perhaps we can set up a time to meet again?” she asked, not daring to risk the Masquerade.

Nodding her head, “As I am sure you are aware, when you arrive some place new, it is always best to announce your arrival, you never know what rules and or Laws may be different from where you were. My job is to greet new people, make them aware of rules and whatnot.”

Smirking, “I hate to disappoint you, but the subtext isn't exactly what you think. Although the veil is present for something else.”

S
    Samsara

It was like getting the wind knocked out of her; she stopped breathing and drew back from Daniella with a jerk at the mention of Avalon. From what Magnolia knew before leaving New York, Avalon was the court of the Invictus Prince of Sacramento, Asa Clark of clan ventrue. The same club where she had meet Mike, where she attempted to present herself but changed her mind.

Daniella smirked and Magnolia backed away enough to sit at the far side of the bench from her and fidgeted with her book.

Bloody...Buggery... hellfire and damnation!!...After a moment she spoke.

"Yes, I'm aware," she said softly. She refused to make eye contact with Daniella and instead looked at the ground or empty storefront.

"Would in week's time be good?" she gave the chic woman a sidelong glance, "it's within my right."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread