Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

The moment Chris became Priscus he said that teaching Auspex would now be 'under discussion'. This seems to be the first result. Still he isn't sure how to handle this. He wouldn't want Erika Brady to dislike him, for example. Drake David Drummond asked for a meeting, so Chris waits for the man. Dressed in a simple suit, he sits in one of the large seats at the underground Elysium.

Doing this at Avalon has certain advantages. The chance is big that Martha Villiers is near, in case they need to consult the one willing to teach Auspex the Daeva.

But first I'll see what Drummond has to say.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    AethrDav

Drake spent nearly every minute since sunset trying to figure out exactly how to present himself to the Priscus for this discussion. He needed to be respectful, respectable, and he also thought that an air of contemplation might help with the deal he was hoping to strike. The Priscus was also and Acolyte, though, and the Heirophant at that. Would he appreciate a more honest expression of his personality? Perhaps even a little hedonism? Was that too stereotypical?

What Drake settled on was a look that bordered on hipster, but was probably better classified as academic chic. A navy blue on black checkered tweed coat over a dark grey button-down, navy tie, navy slacks, and grey shoes. The ensemble blended in a way to draw the eye to the middle then down the center-line. As he entered Avalon he moved quickly down the stairs, avoiding the crowd and trying to rehearse the various scenarios he'd tried to consider for this dealing. This wasn't the social interaction Drake was used to. He imagined that trying to seduce the Heirophant of the Circle would be either tasteless, or a terribly misguided idea.

Drake could at least recognize the man from various Courts he'd attended, and tried to affect a respectful but knowledgeable air as he approached.

"Heirophant, good evening. I am Drake Drummond, Supplicant of the Void of the Ordo Dracul. Thank you for meeting with me."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris slightly bows his head as he meets Drake for the first time. Knowing manners, he shortly rises from the seat. 'Of course Mr Drummond, good evening. It is nice meeting you.'

Before sitting again he subtly points at the seat next to his. 'Have a seat.'

'So, you are here for an interesting matter of discussion sir.' Chris smiles friendly, directly inviting Drake to speak. A chit-chat is good every now and then, but the Priscus needs to be clear-minded on this.

This is not even a personal matter. I'm representing a whole clan.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    AethrDav

"Indeed, Priscus, and I hope that our discussion can be productive for both of us, and perhaps even our Orders." He should, perhaps play his cards a bit close to his chest, but discovery of areas of occult energy was something that both the Order and the Circle may benefit from, and his greatest interest in learning Auspex. Drake was unaware of what activities the Woven Circle was active in on that front, but Drake was prepared to argue some concessions from his own side, as long as it did not require breach of confidence in Dragon's secrets. The Beast was conspicuous in its indifference to the Heirophant, only punctuating his position as Priscus of Shadows, and the fact that Drake was working uphill in this negotiation.

Taking the seat offered, the neonate opened, "I imagine you may have an idea of why I wished to speak with you, given the situation as I described it. I understand that the clans, in an interest of maintaining a balance of power, have agreed that those disciplines unique amongst us will be taught only at the indulgence of that Clan's Priscus. As such, I am here to ask for permission to learn Auspex, should Ms. Villiers still be willing to instruct me, with your acquiescence."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris listens to Drake with sheer interest, although it's hard to tell whether he likes or dislikes things so far. At first it seems strange that Drake speaks about their 'orders'. Since this is strictly a matter between Clans. Without changing his expression he nods so that Drake can go on.

'I understand the situation as it is. Now I hope you'll see how I stand in this.' There is a short pause. The Priscus' lips then curl up in a polite smile. 'As Priscus I am representing a whole Clan. To have me grant you permission you should have something to offer in return. First, I wish to know if there is a specific reason for your interest in Auspex. Then you may share what the clan or I can get out of this deal.'

A
    AethrDav

A firm negotiation then. Internally (or so he hoped to keep it) Drake felt a flutter of hesitation. He could find himself in deep trouble if he over stepped his ground here. Twist had made it abundantly clear that she'd hold even the appearance of dissent to the strictest of accountability, and at this point, he worried that she might still be riled enough to stake him if he mis-stepped in this. He couldn't offer Majesty, though his services in teaching the Discipline should someone gain ascent from Twist was available. Besides that, he had his own studies, from which the Priscus might benefit, though he didn't know exactly what the Clan might gain. Perhaps he could spin his relative newness within the Domain. He had few existing loyalties, leaving him open to offering those services.

"My greatest interest is in exploring this Domain, and trying to identify areas where occult energies gather. There are mentions of ley lines, and other places of power, in records and histories. I hope to study these, and grow our knowledge of them. Auspex, as I understand it, is a Discipline of expanding the senses, and would be instrumental in these studies, and these studies could be of potential interest to you and yours. Otherwise, what I can offer tonight is limited. I cannot likewise offer Daeva clan knowledge, as it is not mine to give. I can offer, though, my services in teaching Majesty to anyone who wins a similar boon from my Priscus." A fair starting point, perhaps, hopefully at least opening dialogue. "If there is a service you are particularly interested in, I would greatly like to hear you out, and discuss any possibilities."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris remains to sit still like a statue. It takes him a few seconds to decide how nice he will say what he wants to say. 'First of all, I have no interest in practicing Majesty.' It comes with a smile, the Hierophant just wants that idea out of the way.

'Then, ley lines and other such mystical energies are interesting. But the Ordo Dracul has no lack of Shadows. The most capable Mekhet even, are mostly Dragons. Thus the research part is not why I would give away my Clan's specialty. Neither do you have a lot of influence somewhere, as far as I know. So unless we find a way to guarantee your inexorable aid for a later date, we will have to find a material way to settle this deal?'

The world is full of options. Chris takes a moment to think, and to give Drake a chance to reply. Then he adds with a shrug,

'Are these "records and histories" you mention of any worth?'

A
    AethrDav

Drake gave a capitulating smile, and nod of the head at the Priscus admition to a lack of interest in Majesty. In truth, Drake found few expressing a great deal of interest in it, though he personally found it a useful tool amongst the kine. "It need not be you, yourself, who benefits from my tutelage, but I can pledge my services to any Shadow who is granted permission to learn the Discipline. They'll not need to seek instruction elsewhere. This is an offer I can make to benefit your clan." As he'd mentioned it when they'd opened the discussion, Drake thought he'd address it as as a service to the Mekhet as a clan.

Drake listened to the Heirophant's position on the proposed research and the Order. While it was true that a number of Dragon's were of Clan Mekhet, it was also true, that each Dragon had their own areas of interest and research, not all of which included mapping of ley lines or Dragon's Nests. "It is true that the Order benefits from the service of a number of Shadows, but each of us has our own goals and areas of research. Quite aside from additional duties to the Domain. Grand Wyrm Heinz has many demands on his time, between leading the Order and mentoring a number of our newest members, and Ms. Villiers has been doing some mentoring of her own, quite aside from her duties as Herald and Mistress of Avalon, and now the lack of a Seneschal." It would certainly be less taxing on either Martha or Max to begin teaching Drake Auspex and allow him to begin verifying the older maps, than to set about mapping the lines themselves. Besides, Drake really wished to be able to catalog the information, but be able to hold back should there be something he wished to study more in depth himself.

"I cannot offer free access to the Order's Library, though I can offer a share of any research I am able to do using the Discipline. In addition, if you seek information on a specific topic I am more than willing to advocate with the Grand Wyrm on your behalf for access to that specific knowledge." While this was a...reasonable start, Drake was starting to feel that he might need to seek blessings and advice from a few others before he'd be able to pry the pearl from this oyster.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris listens and slowly nods, not showing what he thinks while cocking his head to the right. Because he actually thinks he should benefit from this. He has been playing the nice guy long enough now.

When Drake mentions the other Shadows' duties, the Hierophant replies, 'Fair enough.'

'I see you are willing to go far, but depending things on other persons makes this very complicated.' There is a longer moment of silence in which Chris simply stares to nothing particular.

'I have an idea.' It is the only thing Chris says for a while. Then he turns to Drake. 'But I cannot discuss this here.'

Maybe Avalon is not the best location, after all.

'You care for a walk, Mr Drummond?'

A
    AethrDav

One eyebrow arched up in curiosity, though Elysium was a haven from the darker aspects of the Danse, perhaps, who better than the Priscus of Shadows to wonder who was lurking about, listening in. Drake was interested to hear the man out, and now intrigued by the idea that it required a bit of privacy. He idly thought about the fact that this might have excited a flutter of his heart and quickening of his pulse once upon a time...when his heart beat and he had a pulse, but he let the thought slip away.

"Sounds grand, let's have a stroll, I'd love to hear what you're contemplating" For a moment Drake waited, following the lead of the elder Kindred.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread