Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    x
    xohgr

Kite,Uncarved and Orion continue here from here
    DaveJ Uncarved

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Holding his drink in both hands, the monk carefully wends his way around the walls of the club, avoiding the dance floor. His feet would normally make barely a sound, and are lost completely in the ambient noise and beats of the club. The revolving strobe lights and other effects make him even more insubstantial and wraith-like.

He leads any that follow onto the balcony in the search of seats and a quiet place to talk unobserved and in private.

ST, as far as I am aware, the balcony is still being used by Geode and Idun. If I recall right there was also a private function room at the far end of the balcony. Would that be free at this point, because if it is, Uncarved will make his way there

The "Private function" room is where Geode and Idun are. Also remember this is Uncarved first time in this building.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

x
    xohgr

Orion's third scotch was placed in front of him on the bar, he pulled out his money to pay and left a generous tip, which did little to soften the glare he had received from the bartender. .oO(Ah well can't make everyone happy.) he thought.

Orion turned from the bar and took a step toward the balcony when he noticed he felt a little tipsy. Not fall over yourself tipsy but the warm and fuzzy kind that make you want to be everyone's friend.
    With a quick shake to clear his head he maneuvered his way through the crowd miraculously not spilling any of his drink. .oO(Must be magic.) he thought, which made him let out a chuckle.

When he finally reached Uncarved he said with only the slightest slur "So, Uncared? What's your story?"

OOC

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved drifted back slightly to allow Orion to catch up. The Mastigos walked with him, shoulder to shoulder and slightly behind - a discrete movement that would allow him to assist the slightly befuddled man without appearing to do so.

"No, you misheared..." The monk chidded quietly. "My name is Uncarved, as in the Uncarved Block... the perfect principle of the Tao. The Uncarved Block has great potential, yet it is nothing, does nothing, and it is the basest of all things. A ruler who exemplies this principle will be everywhere and nowhere; they will be all present and not present at all; they will not interfere in the lives of their subjects, yet they will guide the kingdom as water carves a river from a rocky bed. It is a good name. And a reminder of what an... enlightened... worker... should be. That is all I can say for now."

As he spoke, the monk smiled slightly as if he were enjoying a sudden, private, pleasure.

Kite was late in arriving at the balcony. But once he managed to arrive, he promptly sat down and made himself as comfortable – in time to hear Uncarved’s explanation regarding his name. When he had initially arrived, the slim willworker looked as though he was about to address Orion. However, after hearing Uncarved speak, something clearly seemed to pique his interest.

“Uncarved…” Kite closed his eyes a second, as though to make a mental note, before giving this new, peculiar willworker a quizzical, curious look. “Are you new to the city? I don’t recall seeing you at the last Consilium…” Kite's eyes shot back towards his old acquaintance. "...And for that matter, I don't recall seeing you at the last two Consiliums. Where have you been?"

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"Not here" the monk replies cryptically. After the pause lengthens, he elaborates: "I have only just arrived in this Consilium. I was hoping that the meeting would have been more informative; but that was not to be. I take you have both been here long?"

x
    xohgr

Orion listened to Uncarved's explanation and gave a polite nod of acknowledgment as Kite sat down. When Uncarved finished speaking and Kite asked his question Orion followed the natural flow of conversation and answered Kite first. "Egypt" was his one word reply. Orion knew a single word answer could never be enough for a true willworker and he took a minor sadistic pleasure in messing with him.

When Uncarved asked his question Orion's tipsy brain could not help making the same joke twice. "Nope." he replied with a little chuckle. Which was Technically true.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"And you are part of the same Cabal?" the monk enquired, holding his glass carefully in both hands as he sat calmly.

“No, we’re not. We’re just old friends…”

Kite took a long sip from his drink, and then set the glass down. He seemed to take an interest in the ice in the glass, and would mindlessly swirl it around as he stared at it, seemingly deep in thought.

“Orion and I met in an incident… it must have been a year back?” Kite cast a questioning glance towards Orion, before turning his attention back to the refracting colors shining through his glass. “Orion and one other ran interference for two of us when we were investigating a disturbance in a local neighborhood. Orion disappeared after that incident, despite my attempts to find him, and eventually I continued my life here. Eventually, I joined a group known as the ‘Catalyst.’”

Kite suddenly looked back towards Orion. “Have you looked towards joining a group yet?”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.