Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
(1211) Consilium: Kite, Uncarved and Orion

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    x
    xohgr

Orion lost himself to memory as Kite told his story. .oO(A large pit in the middle of the park. Signs of magic. A little girl screaming.) Orion shook his head as he returned to the present. "Oh the times we had." he said sarcastically. After a brief pause he added. "I suppose there is no reason not to tell you what happened, So I got it in my head that the best way to create the distraction was to throw my weight around with that cop, Ambrose. This ended with me and my backup getting arrested. But hey, you guys made it into the hole alright. So in the end I did my part. Never did find out what was in the hole." Orion stopped to clear his throat.

"After I got outta jail. I ....lost my security gig. It hit me kinda hard. I was depressed. Then ol'Jack gave me a little redemption mission, you know? Something to lite a fire under my ass. Well took the better part of a year globetrotting, then I come back to find, Jack ain't even here no more. Ah well."

Orion took another sip of his scotch and when Kite asked about groups he responded "Well now, I haven't really thought much about that. See I am concerned more with moving up in my ...Organization, and I can't really see how that will leave me much time for extra curricular activities."

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"Can you tell me of this 'Catalyst' group?" The monk gently raised his glass to his lips, an open expression on his face.

“The Catalyst is the group I am associated with.” Kite looked back and forth between Orion and Uncarved as he began his explanation. “At the moment, it consists of myself, Animus, and Gallows.” Kite looked toward Orion “You should remember him – he and I went into that hole.”

Kite turned back towards Uncarved. “The Catalyst’s purpose is to facilitate smooth interactions in the Awakened community. We’re still fairly new, but we try to be diplomats of a sort. Gallows is a very good diplomat - a lot better than me anyway - and I have to admit that having Animus, the previous Hierarch - provides numerous advantages. That said...” Kite involuntarily grimaced as he took a long sip from his drink. “...well, lets just say that my skill in diplomacy still needs a bit of an improvement."

Kite turned back towards Orion. “My opinion: You should reconsider holding off on joining a group. It’s not just that there is safety in numbers. You can find develop a secure place to live, develop various resources, and gain standing through adopting and handling responsibilities. And I speak from experience: being alone is… well, not a good thing.”

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"A noble goal," the monk replied thoughtfully. He lapsed into silence.

x
    xohgr

"Everything you say is true." Orion said to Kite. "But let's not forget the downside. At some point everyone runs afoul of someone else. Gather a group of people and your also taking on a group of enemies.

He stopped talking then and peered into his empty glass obviously disappointed. He put the glass down and glanced at his companions before he continued "Now I ain't sayin I am never goin'ta join up with some like minded people. I just think it's best to not make snappy decisions about who ya wanna get into bed with." his eyes absently scanned the street below watching the club goers milling about.

"I am also up for the idea of people working together for their mutual benefit. If I can be of service to either of you, or someone in your ....fellowship Kite, I would be happy to help. Under the understanding that should I need a favor in the future...

Orion let it go at that and waited to gage their reactions.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"That is most kind," the monk murmured with a bob of the head.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.