Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1211) Consilium: Samael and Miach

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

Samael turns his attention from those leaving to the man who approached his table. The others looked like they were on their way out and he didn't want to bother them for no real reason. He gives Miach a smile and gladly shakes his hand. He chuckles at his comment and gestures to the seat across from him. "I'm a bit surprised myself," he replies his accent thickened by the need to speak above the beat. "To those same I am called Samael. Father Samael if you're of the faith or simply like the sound of it. Please, have a seat. Can I get you a drink?"
    Looking in the same direction as the Father, Miach spared a glance toward those leaving, and nodded to them before sitting beside the man. Dr Primoria... My boss. That should be enough to place him already.

Father Samael it will be then, cause that's who you are, after all. said the Acanthus over the loud beat of the current set. And a drink... I've already had a good bit, so something light please. A lager, please. His take on religion was a rather ambiguous one, and he hoped they wouldn't start a theological discussion now. Unlikely, given their surroundings though, so Miach felt rather safe on that respect.

Samael nods and signals one of the wait staff. "Another whiskey and sour for me, and a lager for my friend here." He considers the Mystagogue for a moment and then replies. "I've not had the pleasure of meeting her directly before, but I've worked with one or two of your Order here in Sacramento since I arrived. It has been sadly difficult to get to know everyone that I should. My arrival was only shortly before the reorganization. Since then I've been working with Ariadne, trying to help increase the safety of all the Awakened here." He of course knew most of the established Awakened by name and sight, but still, it was something he wished he had had a better start to.

Miach

PRE

His beer hadn't arrived yet, so Miach's hand were unconsciously fidgeting to the beat of the music as he answered the priest. I hear you about getting to know everyone, and letting them know about you, for that matter. I'm a doctor, you see, and I'd like everyone to know they can count on me. You'd think it would be easy ? Wrooong... getting out to give them your number happens to be much harder than is healthy. he chuckled at his own joke. Perhaps he was closer to the alcohol limit than he seemed. But I hope the reorganization will mend it, yes, I hope so.

Father Sam then mentioned Ariadne, who happened to be the lead Guardian. The Enchanter never had the opportunity to talk with her, so he could but nod his head. Must not be easy. I'm no frontline man, I gotta admit and all the less so from now on did he think while his hand moved furtively to his groin. but as I said, I'm a doctor, and if I can help in that capacity, well... he fumbled a bit with his pocket, but produced a card with nothing but a number that he handed to the Guardian. You just have to call. and he finished with a nod and a smile that he hoped to be heartening.

Samael accepts Miach's card as the drinks arrive. He nods in thanks to the server. "A doctor? That's a noble calling, and one few would pursue after Awakening. Mores the pity, I think. There is much to be learned from this world as well as the others. I can think of a couple times recently it would have been nice to know we had a medical professional among the community. Thank you for your offer."

The priest raises his glass in toast to Miach. "And, of course, my door is always open to any who seek guidance or help. That being said, few of the Awakened feel the need to consult a priest." He smiles in good humor at his own situation. "What field of medicine, if I may ask?"

Miach

PRE

Taking his lager, Miach gladly took a draught, and pondered how best to answer the priest. Over the loud beat of the music, he spared a glance toward Reverb who seemed about to enter the contest, then focused back.

There's much to be learned, indeed. For what it's worth, I'm not the only medical professional in our community. I could point you to at least three others, if need be. I would know, we have created an... association with that very purpose, to help our community in that respect. did the Enchanter offer with a smile. He was glad the Medstars existed.

Guidance and help are precious to have too, though like medicine, the less you need them, the better it is, in the end. and he shrugged.

I specialize in Emergency Care. That's the most critical moment to exercise medicine, and I feel like I can really make a difference, there, you see. he thought the priest may have similar stories to tell, and waited with a smile.

"Very true," the priest replies with a smile. "Though, also like medicine, it is a very singular person who does not need it to some degree throughout their life."

Samael takes another swallow of his drink. "Emergency care takes a special sort of person. Not everyone has the capacity to face crisis on a regular basis and keep their wits, let alone have the acumen and knowledge to do exactly what is needed in such a situation. In the church we call that Counsel."

Leaning back against the spine of his chair he continues with a sort of sad wistfulness. "We all want to feel like we're making a difference, though not everyone finds what they are looking for. I am glad to hear that you have found it in such a noble pursuit. Many have been led astray through imprudent pursuit of such a thing." Lord knows I was.

"It is also good to hear that there are more within the community, and that you have built a connection with them. More good can be done when we work together than alone."

Miach

PRE

The calling of Counseling sounded tricky to Miach, and he couldn't help but point that out. Counsel... it sure is something one needs at times... Menwel...

But, can it really be a full-time calling ? I mean, you can't fill your life with just that, can you ? You need to know what you're doing this for, too. I save lives because otherwise people wouldn't get to enjoy and realize the wonders of this world, Fallen though it may be. Why do you Counsel people, Father ? did he ask while sipping lightly his beer. It wouldn't to get more tipsy than he already was.

And can you really work together to Counsel, too ? It sounds like a lonely activity, to me. the Acanthus could picture a medical team surrounding a patient to increase the efficiency of their care, but about such a private, personal matter that you would need counsel ? Teamwork didn't sound natural.

Samael quirks an eyebrow. "My apologies, I wasn't clear enough. Counsel is not a calling, it's a Gift. I was simply noting that it is a gift that you yourself must have strongly to do what you do in emergency care. The calling is that to help others, and it is that desire to help others that is assisted by teamwork. I think the misunderstanding comes from the word itself. Counsel doesn't mean the same thing in modern English that it did when the church started using the term."

He leans forward and tries to figure out how to explain. "The original Latin and Greek speak of knowing what needs to be done no matter the circumstances, with an implication toward intuition. Those with the Gift of Counsel do not need to consider to act, but still know what needs to be done. I suppose that's why it became so associated with advice? Interestingly, one of the synonyms used today for Counsel is Wisdom. Really, it's surprising how many of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are associated with Wisdom. I'm sorry if this isn't making much sense. My own Gifts don't tend toward academic instruction." Samael gives the other man a somewhat wry smile and sips his drink again.

Miach

PRE

Ah... Miach felt silly, but at least he had learned something. And he better understood the priest's meaning. I see. You can instruct well enough, if you ask me. and he nodded in thanks at the man.

The Enchanter then looked at his glass but felt his head was already more than dizzy enough, and instead looked back at Samael without drinking of it. And what are your Gifts, then, Father ?

Samael considers for a moment before answering. "Well, we all have the potential for all Gifts within us, but I would say that Fortitude and Piety are my strongest. Counsel is also within me. Though, I suppose you know better than I that such a thing isn't always pleasant. It is nearly always of worth."

"Endurance and Faith are of worth as well, but don't exactly a good teacher make."
    The priest's eyes sparkle as his grammar goes the way of one that is. "Or, at least they don't particularly help."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread