Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Dinner Invitation (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

When offered the choice of red or white wine, Orpheus quickly flips a mental coin and says "I'll have some red wine please." while giving a small smile. The majority of the Obrimos' alcohol consumption had been beer, although he didn't mind trying new things. Looking over at Kiko for a moment he smirks a little as she uses the word loopy rather than just being drunk, it was an unusual yet amusing analogy.

C
    C_Lloyd

"You were a boy scout, Toren? How adorable!" she says playfully before turning to Aenigma. "I'll have the Pinot Grillo, please."

Nantale didn't drink to often, but this was a special occasion, was it not? She winked at Kiko and gave her a girlish smile. Being the only two females in the group, Nantale hoped that they would have the opportunity to bond.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma chuckled at the young Thyrsus' words. "Well, I won't tell anyone if you do," he said, giving Kiko a quick playful wink. He proceeded to serve everyone some wine, keeping in mind their respective preferences. Once he had finished serving them, the Warlock served himself a glass of the Cabernet Sauvignon as he sat down once more.

"Perhaps it would be appropriate to make a toast," he said to the mages gathered around the table, a pleasant smile on his lips. He raised his glass as he looked around the table. "To new friends and opportunities, and to not getting too loopy tonight..." letting his words trail off, a smirk formed on the corner of his lips as he said those last words.

This is certainly the beginning to something good.

k
    kimura

"Here here!" Kiko lifted her glass to tink with the others before turning to each and every Wise in turn "Perhaps I am speaking out of turn or in impolite etiquette but welcome once again. A Sanctum is a place to have memories, both good and bad, and I pray this to be one of the founding memories we all have. Also if i don't make much sense just nod your head and smile... I do that when I have no clue what I'm saying half the time anyways." spoken with a small sheepish grin

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Yes, well, that was a long time ago..." replied Toren to Nantale's teasing while swirling newly poured wine in its glass.

Turning his attention to Aenigma and his toast, holding his drink high. "Huzzah!" and tinking his glass with the others'. "And well-said, Kiko. A Sanctum isn't just a home, it's a Sanctuary for those of us who have no safe-haven to turn to. It is a rock in an ocean of uncertainty. And for a Cabal it is also a place to form connections and companionship. As members of the Mysterium, we can work towards our common goals in safe security." It was no secret what a Sanctum was about, and what Cabals were for, but Toren wished to remind everyone present what that meant, perhaps appropriate for the purpose of their company that evening.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Another glass is raised in the toast. "To Friends and Opportunities!" he adds in, immediately wondering if everyone was supposed to say the same thing or not. Toasting wasn't at all common in the Obrimos' life other than the warming of bread, he couldn't help but feel just a little awkward afterwards, yet he continues smiling nonetheless. Listening to both Kiko and Toren, he silently nods in agreement with their sympathies. A cabal wasn't the kind of organization you make lightheartedly, he could easily guess what would happen to a loosely bound group of mages who tried to organize into a cabal.

C
    C_Lloyd

"To truth and loyalty, " Nantale added, raising her glass with the others playing off of Orpheus' change in direction. The Acanthus smiled pleasantly as she did so. She was glad she was able to be there for her fellow mages, and that they were likewise there for her.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma smiled to the Mystagogues around the table as they joined in on his toast, adding some words of their own. He took a sip of his wine after they had all chimed in, setting the glass down in front of him. "While we are on the subject of friends, loyalty and new opportunities," he said, glancing over at Orpheus and Nantale. "Toren, Kiko and I have talked about extending an invitation to the two of you to join our Cabal." The Warlock offered the two of them a sincere smile, pausing for a moment to let his words sink in.

"As dedicated members of the Alae Draconis, the three of us founded this Cabal to further pursue our own personal goals, and those of our Order," explained the young Mastigos to their guests. "It is our hope that the two of you may be interested in joining us in this pursuit of wisdom and knowledge, and to become its Keepers just like we have vowed to do." With that, Aenigma offered them a brief nod and fell back to silence.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Well, that's... that's wonderful, thank you." Nantale flashed a wide smile at her fellow Mystagogues. "I'm truly honored, and I'm more than happy to accept your invitation."

The Acanthus wasn't sure what she had done to earn the respect of Mimir's Well. Perhaps it was simply that she was a Mystagogue with her head on straight. Regardless, she had no need to question it. She had earned their trust and respect to be invited into not only their sanctum, but their cabal as well. That was all that mattered.

Orpheus glances at the Mastigos with a semi-surprised look on his face, he'd never been part of a cabal before, at least not formally invited into one anyway. "Wow, I'm honored, really." The Obrimos couldn't help but give a huge grin to everyone in the room. "I'd be honored and very happy to join your Cabal." Anyone who caught the expression on his face as he spoke could see that he was extremely happy.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread