Watch

A Dinner Invitation (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

After having invited Nantale and Orpheous over for dinner at the Sanctum, Aenigma had spoken with Toren and Kiko ( kimura ) to make sure that they were all on the same page about what was planned for the evening. As usual, he let the Moros cook whatever he fancied, since he really wasn't much of a cook himself. Instead, the young Warlock had settled for going wine shopping to pick up a few bottles of some sublime red, so they could indulge a little that evening. Returning to the house with a couple of brown bags in his arms, he fiddled with his keys for a moment until he finally managed to make it inside.

He headed directly towards the kitchen, where he expected to find Toren doing his thing. Setting down the bags on a nearby counter, he offered his Cabal mate a pleasant smile. "I take it that dinner is coming along just fine, huh?" he said to the Moros as his nostrils flared up a bit. "That smells really good."

k
    kimura

Unsure if the occasion was formal or not Kiko had opted for a little of both, in her eyes at least. She was in the dining room setting places and all the amenities dressed in a knee length pleated black skirt, white ankle socks, and a short sleeved white blouse with a black and green trimmed vest which given who she was after all made her stand out as the proverbial 'Eternal Student' for at the moment she looked the part complete with her glasses and ponytail.

Once Aenigma entered she smiled and greeted him with a small bow of the head and a rather happy "Aenigma-nii we have enough food for a small army" looking into the Kitchen where Toren was a few moments before, but to where he might be now was anyone's guess as usual "Toren-nii I think fails to grasp the concept of volume" grinning and sticking her tongue out playfully before finishing and walking over to Aenigma and looking up at the taller Mystagogue "Anything I can help with?"

Kiko seemed less distant than she had before yet still not exactly 'grounded' perhaps things have been going on in the young woman's life that made her see things in a new light? Perhaps she'd talk with them in the future. Though now was not the time, now was new people talking to time! Yes as usual she seemed to be the proverbial 'child on sugar' which Aenigma and Toren both would be well aware of by now.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren was indeed in the kitchen, retrieving cookware and seasonings from their homes within the pantry and cupboards. Sizzling and bubbling took place in pots and pans on the stove and the oven light glowed as it preheated for a waiting baking dish. He wore his salmon dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up high, the bottom tucked into slacks and comfortable loafers that skidded lightly across the tile kitchen floor.

He laughed as the others entered, "Why thank you! Yes, I'm quite happy you think so. It's always a pleasure to have guests, even more pleasant that they're from our Order." A home always seemed livelier when he was entertaining. It gave the home purpose and energy in addition to being their home and safe haven. "I expect they'll be arriving soon?"
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma smiled as he was greeted by the young Thyrsus. "Well, I wouldn't call us a small army," he said with a little wink to Kiko. "But its always better to have leftovers than not have enough to feed our guests." His smile widened a bit as she asked if he needed help with anything.

"I guess we could start setting up the table," he said to her before turning to Toren. "It certainly does! If it was me in charge of dinner, we'd be stuck eating Easy Mac or some ramen noodles." The young Warlock chuckled a bit after saying those words, reminiscing some of his good old college days back at Georgetown. "I do expect them to be arriving soon, but since I am no Acanthus my gifts of foresight are quite limited," he added with a wink to the Moros as a little smirk formed on the corner of his lips.

A soft knock on the door reaches the ears of those inside as the first visitor arrived. Orpheus stood with a small frown on his face as he thought to himself I hope I'm not late or anything... Dressed in jeans and a white and grey shirt covered by Orpheus' dark blue overcoat, it seemed the concepts of formal wear were lost on the young Scientist. He wondered briefly what to expect from a dinner between mages, he'd never had the chance to really talk with anyone other than his mentor back in New York in a setting like this. It felt... new, and a nice break from all the conversation that Orpheus more or less hasn't been doing with other mages.

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale pulled up to the fabled house and Hallow not long after Orpheus. She was dressed semi-casually - a white blouse and Khaki suit pants. She carried a robe in her bag, just in case it was needed, but she suspected that this may only be a dinner and nothing more. The Acanthus locked up her car and walked up to the door, smiling and greeting Orpheus as she did so.

"Orpheus, right? It's nice to see you again. Are you excited?"

k
    kimura

Blinking at the knocking she smiled brightly "Please excuse me a moment. Seems we might have our company" padding over to the door Kiko glanced outside, to make sure, before opening the door with a bright smile to her fellow Wise as she bowed slightly in greetings as her ponytail danced along behind her a moment before rising to look them over with a huge grin

"Well, well, if it isn't a couple of awesome people come for food and fun" she smiled brightly as she looked back at Aenigma and the fragrance of the kitchen that was usually Torens domain she turned back to her fellow Mystagoges then stepped aside with a wave of her hand she beckoned then inside "Enter freely and of your own will and leave within this humble abode some of the happiness you bring and take with it fond memories"

She'd stay where she was until they entered playing, quite nicely, a nice hostess.

I think Mom would be very proud of me right now

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren abandoned his sizzling and steaming cookware to follow Kiko to the door. As he was the Hearthmaster of their Cabal he aught to be the one to greet new guests. Maybe. Actually he still wasn't clear on the particulars but he figured it was good manners.

"Welcome, welcome! Yes, do come in!" says Toren enthusiastically to Orpheus and Nantale. "You both look great. As Kiko says, we hope you have a good time and that you brought your appetites. Dinner will be served in a short while, just make yourselves comfortable." Toren patted both guests on their shoulders encouragingly and then headed back into the kitchen, passing Aenigma on the way.

"You sure you're not an Acanthus?" Toren whispered slyly to his friend, referring to the timing of their guests' arrival.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

A smirk formed on the corner of Aenigma's lips as he heard the bell ring. When Toren returned to the kitchen and made his comment, it grew a little wider. "I'm pretty sure," he said in response to the Moros' words. "But you know, the Lady does seem to smile upon me from time to time." The young Warlock gave his Cabalmate a quick wink before heading out of the kitchen to greet their guests.

"Nantale, Orpheus," he said to the pair in greeting, offering them a polite nod and a pleasant smile. "Glad you two could make it." Aenigma gestured to some couches in the living room area, inviting them to take a seat. "Please, make yourselves comfortable." He offered them another smile and one to Kiko as well. "Can I get you something to drink while we wait for dinner to be ready?" asked the Mastigos, looking at each of them respectively.

Orpheus couldn't help but grin as he was welcomed inside. "Hey Kiko, no need to be that formal." He joked. They were among friends after all. "Thank you for inviting us Aenigma. It's great to see everyone." Orpheus smiled back at the Warlock. Stepping inside he tried his best to resist looking around out of curiosity, as was one of his bad habits whenever he was invited over to someone's house. "No thank you, I'll wait until all the food is ready before I start drinking anything." Another one of his bad habits, if you handed Orpheus a drink he'd likely down at least four glasses before the food was actually served...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread