Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2012 Winter Coronation) Duncan and Huntress

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Duncan

Smile reaches the Fairest's brown eyes as the eyes meet.

"I'm Huntress, nice to meet you", says the girl, exchanging handshakes with Elemental. Her grip isn't especially strong, but sure and warm. Even touching the cold skin of Snowskin didn't cause her to withraw her hand. "I came here from Durham, NC. If you want, I can tell more of myself, just ask," she says with a smile.

"Season changing, you say. I hope I'm not too late? It's always good thing to pay witness to, it's an inspirational event. Back in Durham Winter wasn't really in power, so I'm curious, too."

Yeah, it can be seen. The woman is looking around with widely open eyes not looking lost, but with a pure fascination. "So this is how it is with seasonal courts changing..." she mutters to herself. Then, she turns to the Summer courtier again. "So it means I have to pay respect to four monarchs, isn't it right? Could you point them out? Especially Winter and Spring."

Duncan smiled in return to the Fairest's introduction. "The pleasure is all mine, Huntress," he said in response to the newcomer. "North Carolina?" He raised an icy eyebrow as he asked the question. "That's a long way from here!" The Snowskin let out a quick, friendly laugh.

"You are definitely not late. The crown hasn't been passed yet, and you will certainly notice it when it does," said Duncan with a quick wink to the Spring Dancer. "Well, paying your respects to the Freehold's monarchs is not a bad idea, whether you plan on settling down here or not." After all, even those who were simply visitors were expected to announce their presence if they were within the Freehold's boundaries. "Always good to let the locals know you are around, saves you from being mistaken as a threat or something, you know?"

The Summer Elemental offered Huntress a reassuring smile, his way of letting her know that he did not believe she was in fact a threat. "Mrs. Rosemary is the Queen of Spring, and happens to also cater all of these events," he said to the Fairest as he gestured over towards the buffet table. "She's over there, chatting with Autumn's Queen, Terri Nutkins." Duncan paused for a moment, his icy blue eyes scanning the crowd for a couple of seconds until he spotted who he was looking for next.

"That over there is Spartan," he said to the Spring courtier, gesturing to the Bloodbrute with the powerful Summer Mantle. "He is the King of my Court." There was some pride in the Elemental's tone as he said those words. "Unfortunately, Queen Byeli hasn't arrived yet," he confessed to the Dancer, giving her a little shrug. "She is the Queen of Winter, and has a habit for showing up later than most...and making quite the entrance."

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Fate likes to play games with us... Or maybe it's that Winter Queen hears every whisper in every corner of her Freehold. Just as the Snowskin talked, Huntress only managed to open her mouth to talk...

...and in such a posture she remained, unknowingly, as the Onyx Queen entered the room and passed so near to her. Dancer couldn't help but watch the Treasured walking, almost literary frozen in place, not even able to blink, more, in those few events the Spring Courtier couldn't even help but relive emotions hidden the deepest of all...

...Terror...

...for this, this person, this woman reflected the coldness, the strangeness, the allure of The Hated Ones....

...and Despair...

...for she realized that this coldness, this strangeness of the highest mountains and the most powerful of Them is everything she hated, she would be, maybe for just a fraction of second, actually tempted to go back, for They were just too alluring.

It took the Fairest a few seconds to shake down the effects that Winter Queen put unconsciously on the young Lost. Huntress turned slowly to the male Snowskin. "Excuse me, you said something?"

Duncan had actually turned his attention to the Queen of Winter as she made her entrance, so when the Spring Fairest spoke again, he turned abruptly back towards her. "Oh, sorry," he said to her, offering an apologetic smile. "Yeah, I was saying she has the habit of making quite the entrance..." the Elemental let his words trail off, letting out a chuckle at the timing of his own words.

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Huntress shook her head in attempt to shook the effects of Queen Byeli off her. "It's like calling tsunami 'quite a wave'. Definitely not doing her justice." The woman took a breath. She needed to drink something.

"So, yeah, I came from North Carolina. I'm a bit of a traveler. Trying to see everything and live life fully, you know? Living on the road is quite nice," the Spring courtier smiled briefly, as if recalling some good moments. "Sometimes I stop for a bit and it seems it'll be the case here. It's some interesting Freehold you have here."

The fairest seems to calm herself a bit, but she's glancing a bit at the Onyx Queen. "So, the Queens and the King. Is there someone else I should know?"

Duncan let out a soft chuckle at Huntress' response. "Point taken," he said to her, giving the Fairest a quick wink.

The Snowskin listend to the young woman talk about her travels, nodding along as she spoke. "Live life to the full to the fullest," he commented, a smirk forming on his icy lips. "I had a feeling you were a Spring!" With his words, the Elemental implied that he had caught the Dancer's faint Mantle when she had first approached him. "Yeah, the Freehold here in Sacramento is rather nice, quite stable for the most part too," he said to her, offering her a confident nod. "Like any other Freehold, we've had our ups and downs, but things have been alright lately, partly due to the efforts of our current Sovereigns to make sure things run smoothly, you know?"

He offered her a pleasant smile before answering her next question. "Well, that depends on who you care to know I guess," replied Summer's Constable to the Fairest's question. "All four Courts have some members that hold titles of esteem, given to them for their deeds. I'm not very familiar with those of your Court, but it may be worth looking into it." He gave a little nonchalant shrug before adding, "oh, and there's this woman of your Court that arrived a few months ago. Violet LeBlanc? I'm sure you've heard of her. Came from the East Coast I think."

Huntress may roll Int+Composure+3 (Fame) to recognize the name

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Huntress smiled with a toothy grin as she saw Duncan's enthusiasm on her basic desire.
    "It's nice to hear you're happy with this Freehold. Some places I went Freeholds were total chaos or dominated by one Court." The woman raked her fingers through her wild shock of hair. "It's possible I'll see many different, better or worse, because I want to join the Guild of the Sacred Journey, but it's nice to know there's stable and peaceful place where I can go back."

Or maybe stay? Maybe made it home? Or even get the weight I carry off my back, this dreadful thing? Wyrd knows...

3 suxx

The Fairest listens closely as the Snowskin talks. When she hears LeBlanc's name, she opens her eyes wide.

"LeBlanc? You mean THIS Violet LeBlanc? Of course I know her! Jazz is not my piece of cake but her voice is divine! Spring is going to be really nice season..."

"Yeah, the one and only," he said in reply to her response to the Fairest's name. "I'm not a jazz person either, but she is pretty famous...and I had no idea she was one of us until she showed up a few months ago." The Snowskin gave a little shrug after saying those words. "It makes you wonder how many other famous people may also be Lost, you know?" he added after the shrug.

Ion let out a soft sigh. Being in a group of people but feeling alone, she considered the merit of a bit of alcohol, and casted a quick glance to the egg nog and hot chocolate and let out another soft sigh. She moved to grab a cup of hot chocolate as her eyes danced across all the Lost that had come to the Winter Coronation. There were so many faces she did not recognize, but at the same time she had seen numerous others at the Forge.

Ion's eyes fell upon Duncan and the Huntress. She took a sip of hot chocolate and made her way over to the two. As she draws closure she hears a bit of talk about Jazz, though did not catch enough of the conversation to really understand what they were talking about. She waited for a slight pause in their conversation to issue a simple and brief greeting to the two.

"Sup..."

Bump Sirith Huntress , you still here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread