Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 43
DISPLAYED
Scrounging at the Flea Market...

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Marcus has no way of knowing the extent of her injuries. She could be dying for all he knows. His heart quickens within his metal chest as he considers whether to take her to the hospital or...but then her eyes open.

"Hi," she says shyly. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Then she looks down at herself. "Oh. I'm...sorry?" She looks at you for reassurance that she's using the right word. "I kicked you. I'm...I'm...my name is..." She starts crying black oil again, dripping down and staining her tattered shirt. "...I don't..."

Then his phone rings. It's the Summer Sovereign, returning his call...http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?p=25253#post25253

Marcus Evan

PRE

"It's alright. Calm down." Well, at least she doesn't seem to be dying. Marcus pulls out his phone with one hand as he gently pats her shoulder with the other. Harry's number comes up on the Caller ID. Bloody Hell... "Sorry, I have to take this." Perfect timing. Marcus answers the phone on the third ring. "Your Majesty?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

"I was calling to talk about taking on more Court responsibilities... but something else has come up. I think I've just rescued a recent escapee from some nasty hobs in the woods near the Flea Market. She's hurt and freaked out, but I don't think a hospital would be the best place for her right now. Besides, there's still an angry spider-thing on the loose and we should probably get a hunting party together to take care of it. Do you know where I might take her to get her patched up?" Marcus winces as he pulls the phone away from his ear. He replaces it and appears to gain a slight coppery tone to his metallic face. "Got it. See you there." Turning to the frightened girl, he gently squeezes her shoulder in what he hopes is a reassuring gesture. "It's going to be alright. You've probably just come back from a pretty horrible experience... yes? You escaped from somewhere... from Someone? Now you're back and you find you're different from how you used to be... everything is different. The same thing happened to me. I'd like to take you somewhere safe where we can take care of those wounds. Alright?" Marcus starts the engine and drives off to meet Harry. Some will win, some will lose... Some were born to sing the blues... Oh, the movie never ends... It goes on and on and on and on...

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread