(Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Continued from here...

"How very interesting,"
    Erika replied. The subtle shift of her body toward Catherine indicated that the words weren't simple politeness. As she shifted, her eyes took in the new arrivals, but did not linger.

"Were you denied something, or lose something, to a sibling?"

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine thought for a moment as her eyes moved around the room, but returned to the regent before answering: “I do not believe so. Why do you ask?

Curiosity was easy enough to display, but the thought of this woman looking into her as much as the bard had been looking into others was oddly off putting. It was to her own, deeply veiled, chagrin that she had decided to sit near a woman who's beauty far outmatched her own.

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine’s eyes occasionally tracked to the door, as each new unmasked predator entered the room she could feel the serpent inside quivering in fear more often than not.

Many of the other beasts it had seen, but none it chose to recognize. Catherine could hear it’s hissing as her eyes tracked over the women arriving.

That bitch Velma Star , that woman deserved nothing but sunlight. There were others that drew the faintness of her ire, but it was Velma that actually tracked her attention. That was until someone she had only seen at the execution showed.

Wow.

The woman who had only looked on the pyre with rage, and just behind her the Prince. Her eyes dropped with a nod of the head and then turned back to Erika Brady .

Pardon my question, but you are not Irish, or are you?

Asa Twist

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika shifted slightly, head drawing back and tilting ever so slightly in surprise.

"You said the name was significant,"
    she explained.

Her eyes followed Catherine's noting new arrivals. She rose, and nodded to the Prince, then took her seat again. If the Mekhet was ruffled by the new Beasts flowing into Court, it didn't show.

When both women had settled, she answered.

"I was born there, yes."

Catherine Keyes

PRE

One day she would get the hang of the politico. And now she wondered if it was more correct to have stood at the Prince’s arrival or if the traditional, ‘my head is lower than yours’ would be accepted.

Fódla is also used by those of my trade to speak of your birthland.” She explained. “But I’m sure you knew this. That is why, not a loss to a sibling but the trail of the verbal histories.

Catherine paused.

I have been told I am too direct in speech, and that I ask too many questions. But I know no other way to ask this: What would it take for you to take me as a student?

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika wondered what would happen to those verbal histories once the Fog of Eternity had stir-fried the other's brain. Which meant, either she knew a way around it, or hadn't been subjected to it yet.

"Obviously, your question begs the questions what is it you wish to be a student of, and what gives you idea that I am a teacher of such."

Erika made a shooing gesture with her hand, as if brushing away the questions.

"Regardless, the answer would remain the same: to be more of a use than a distraction."

Catherine Keyes

PRE

That was something that Catherine hadn’t completely expected.

Yes, Ma’am.

The response was immediate, it was time to stop being a distraction.

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

As the seconds passed, Erika continued to regard the other Mekhet with unwavering green eyes. For her lack of breathing, or any other movement, she could have been an exhibit at Madam Tussaud's.

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine noted the interest of the Regent, but chose to not say anything, instead her eyes moved slowly around the room. Her eyes settling a moment longer on a raven haired woman ( Psychangel ) that she couldn’t remember meeting, and the notorious Velma Star and her stunning conversation partner.

She did notice that the Kindred whose name had a tag was not here.

One down, five to go.” she said lightly, and mostly to herself anyway.

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika nodded, and settled in to watch the proceedings.

Closed Thread