Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2012 Winter Coronation) Tom and L'aire

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

Tom took a deep breath as the beautiful elven woman approached him. Not sure I'm going to get used to all these Fair maidens running around... He subconsciously found himself trying to stand straighter and puff his chest out slightly. "Happy holidays," he grinned in his characteristic lop-sided manner. "Tom Gubben," he continued, shaking hands. "If I may say so, you've a very beaut'ful name... for a Winter." His grin widened.
    “Good to meet you Tom.” L’aire smiled with a welcoming lilt in her voice. “Welcome to the Freehold of Sacramento.” Taking in his facial features and wiry hair. The Dancer noticed him change up his position a little. He seemed very nice until his odd note at the end.

“Thank you…I think?” The Fairest’s voice raised at the end slightly confused.

Tilting her head slightly with a smirk on her face, she hoped he didn’t mean much by it. The Winter Dancer knew what it was like to say something stupid. Laughing just a little she further inquired. “What do you mean ‘for a Winter’?”

1Suxx to the dance of the Peacock
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-26 00:56:05 Sasha rolls 4 to Perception (10 Again) 3, 3, 8, 1 1 success

E
    Ecalsneerg

"Oh, uh," struggled Tom. "I was just messing with you, didn't mean no offence, ma'am." He rocked back on his hills a little bit. He spread his palms and smiled.

"So... uh, thanks for the welcome, I just got here few weeks ago, figured ah should swear the Freehold Oath, meet folks round here. Get to know the place. Ya know?"

S
    Sasha

Laughing a little L’aire’s face wrinkled a little. “You didn’t offend me.” Shaking her head, as the Fairest’s blond locks cascaded along her shoulders. “My name’s Sasha outside the freehold by the way.” Shrugging a shoulder as it gracefully rose and fell with such a simple gesture the Dancer grinned. “I mean, what did you expect something like ‘Evil-lynn, Icy’ or ‘Nyxx’?” It was fairly clear in the Winter Fairest's voice that she was joking around.

“Hey, no problem Tom. We were all new here once.” L’aire assured the Ogre. Even Katrin had to be new at one time, where else would she have picked up such a beautiful accent. “Swearing the Oath is a great idea. And about getting to know the place, what would you like to know? I can try to help a bit.” She said in a friendly tone.

At least this guy had goals and whatnot.

E
    Ecalsneerg

Tom smiled slightly at knowing he hadn't offended her. "Hey, you get some funny names. Heck, Gubben ain't what I was born with, I got it off the Internet. Tomte-Gubben, dancing Norwegian trolls," he said ruefully. "Sounds silly, but I used to be majorly into rock n roll when I was younger." The troll looked off into the distance wistfully.

"Anyhow, I'm still not all that sure on what impact it's really gonna have on me what monarch's in charge? Does it affect the laws, how ah'm s'posed to comport myself, and so on? I'm not really sure 'bout how it works here yet. I'm kinda up to scratch on how Freeholds work, see, but not necessarily this one so much."

S
    Sasha

“So does this mean you dance?” L’aire said, still a humorous tone in her voice. Hey, its worth a shot.

“I don’t think rock and roll is silly. Everyone has their own musical tastes or interests.” Putting down her bag at her feet, in a blink she spread her arms out shoulder level. Then like water flowing across her, the Fairest’s arms flowed from one end of her finger tips to the other. Which may have also looked like snake arms. “Whatever flows through you and makes you happy.” Letting her arms float down and her hands clasped gently in front of her. It did cross her mind to spice it up a little, but she thought over whelming the new Troll wouldn't be very nice.

“The Monarchs, from what I can tell so far, are generally cohesive in their ways. I’ve never seen written laws change or anything as we move from season to season. However, that would be a good question to ask the Winter Queen later this evening.” The Winter Dancer grinned while she explained. “Our Freehold for the most part is simple as far as the Oath. Don’t endanger anyone and help out in times of trouble. As long as you’re not here to harm anyone, you should be in good shape.”

L’aire paused and looked around before leaning in. “You’re not here to harm anyone, are you?”

3suxx to snake the arms
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-27 18:20:32 Sasha Dance rolls 9 to Dex+exp+1spec (9 Again) 1, 1, 1, 7, 6, 6, 2, 9, 10, 4, 9, 6 3 successes

E
    Ecalsneerg

Tom laughed as the elf elegantly did a move alarmingly similar to a pop-and-lock. "Nah, not nearly so as lucky as you, ah'm not much of a dancer. Rock's just about thrashing about and not looking too entertaining y'rself." He smiled and shook his head. "Use'ly more a brawl than a ballet."

He nodded at her next statement. "Good, I'd be no good at trackin' changes ev'ry month, can barely manage my wallet day-to-day."

QuoteQuote:
    L’aire paused and looked around before leaning in. “You’re not here to harm anyone, are you?”
    Tom looked left and right shadily, and leaned in a little bit himself. "Well," he said shiftily, face darkening. "There's some who've called me a menace, and a threat." But he leaned back abruptly, and his grin and the twinkle in his good eye banished any shiftiness or menace in his face. "Although all those folks were mothers with daughters, so ah very much doubt that counts." He let out a hearty laugh to dispel any tension.

S
    Sasha

“Rock not entertaining? I don’t know about that.” L’aire laughed whimsically and shook her head. Looping her hand out to begin naming artists. “How about Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger, Justin Timberlake, Madonna or Prince. I’d say they’re all fairly great to watch.” Still smiling, L’aire’s hands effortlessly rose to a stopping motion toward the Autumn Troll. “But hey, if you like the brawl sort of thing, we all have our own brand of interests.” The Fairest said in a no-harm-no-foul kinda way.

"Well, best to double check with the current Queen, Terri Nutkins or the one that shall be crowned tonight." Shrugging slightly sh "I haven't worried about rules entirely because I don't really intend to break any." Although L'aire was of the Onyx Court, she certainly was well aware of rules and laws that she abided by. But the Dancer's own statement made her wonder... Which made the man's next words suspicious...

The Winter Dancer’s eyes widened a little as the Grey faced man turned a little darker. “Oh….uh…” Caught off guard again when he moved back and grinned. Laughing when she realized it was a faux conspirator tone. She pointed upward turning her head slightly. “You nearly had me for a minute. I do wonder why those mothers and daughters said that though.” L’aire was very curious to the Ogre’s further details on the subject from the piercing blue eyed man. Her own violets kept her attention to the Leaden man.

E
    Ecalsneerg

“Rock not entertaining? I don’t know about that.” L’aire laughed whimsically and shook her head. Looping her hand out to begin naming artists. “How about Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger, Justin Timberlake, Madonna or Prince. I’d say they’re all fairly great to watch.” Still smiling, L’aire’s hands effortlessly rose to a stopping motion toward the Autumn Troll. “But hey, if you like the brawl sort of thing, we all have our own brand of interests.” The Fairest said in a no-harm-no-foul kinda way.
    Tom shook his head and smiled. This woman was... something... if she was naming Justin Timberlake and Madonna as rockers. But he opted not to give a speech on the power of rock. "Man, Jagger... I got a theory he's one of us, maybe, given how long he's gone and not died yet. Would explain a lotta things. He just keeps his Mask sealed shut all the time."

QuoteQuote:
    "Well, best to double check with the current Queen, Terri Nutkins or the one that shall be crowned tonight." Shrugging slightly sh "I haven't worried about rules entirely because I don't really intend to break any." Although L'aire was of the Onyx Court, she certainly was well aware of rules and laws that she abided by. But the Dancer's own statement made her wonder... Which made the man's next words suspicious...
    "I should, maybe," he nodded. "I oughta speak to her anyways, never been one to just laze about. I wanna help out some way ah can, I reckon she'd be the one for me to ask." His tone became a little more sombre for the next one. "But ah'd reckon I need to know anything I might break. I mean, a lot of Autumn's reputation for dabbling in things not allowed is a stereotype, but we do indulge a lil bit."

QuoteQuote:
    The Winter Dancer’s eyes widened a little as the Grey faced man turned a little darker. “Oh….uh…” Caught off guard again when he moved back and grinned. Laughing when she realized it was a faux conspirator tone. She pointed upward turning her head slightly. “You nearly had me for a minute. I do wonder why those mothers and daughters said that though.” L’aire was very curious to the Ogre’s further details on the subject from the piercing blue eyed man. Her own violets kept her attention to the Leaden man.
    The troll grinned broadly as L'Aire laughed. She had a pretty laugh. "Well," he said in a tone of feigned guardedness. "I don't know if I can be lettin' such powerful secrets be told all over the place, and ah don't reckon this here's the venue to be telling 'em in." For a brief moment, his good eye twinkled, and he continued with, "I'll tell you what, miss. You let me buy you dinner sometime, and I'll tell you some of my ol' stories. Sound fair to you?" He affected very deliberate nonchalance as he said this, keeping his thumbs in his pockets, his head high, and body leaning ever so slightly backwards.

S
    Sasha

“Your theory may be a good one.” The Fairest agreed with the Troll’s observation. Bringing a long finger to her face, she tapped her lips in thought before pointing to the side as another offer of similarity. “You know I kinda wondered about that with David Copperfield and Lance Burton. Because there’s illusion and there’s magic.” A her brows waggled a little with a quick wink of a violet eye. Recalling a vivid memory of Katrin coming out of a mirror at the last Winter meeting nearly solidified her theory. L'aire had waved back to Lou and @Perry diCartio as she glanced around the throne room a moment. Still no sign of Katrin that evening, but so far, she was on schedule for the Onyx Queen.

L’aire listened as Tom mentioned his own take on rules and laws. He was glad he wanted to be helpful as that was what their Freehold prided themselves in for the most part. “Well, I see your point on reputation.” Shrugging a little to the latter. “But, I’m not one for stereotyping so I guess we’ll find out how you like to indulge.” Smirking after her last sentence. The Fairest wasn’t sure what to make of him yet, but he was at least honest after all. And that said something about the Leaden Ogre.

Pointing her finger outward and swirling it in the air. “Speaking of stereotypes, you realize I’m a Winter right?” The Fairest Dancer said as the cool chill emanated from her lips as it did in the area around her. Whispering softly. “I’m fairly good at secrets.” Chuckling in a breathy chill. Pondering for a moment what the Troll had offered. “Sure, a bite to eat sounds fair. Considering I thought you were just joking before.” L’aire grinned slightly taken back from the Tom’s offer.

E
    Ecalsneerg

"Oh, I never joke!" proclaimed Tom airily. "Josh, rib, kid, and infer, yes, but never joke." He smiled broadly, somehow contriving to avoid making his fanged maw look intimidating. He produced a black marker pen from his pocket and handed it to L'Aire, keeping his hand held out after she took it to let her write her number on his hand. "Tell you what, miss, I'll call you sometime and we'll set something up. And, since like you say, Winters like a good secret, I won't show nobody my hand." He winked.

He turned as Katrin entered the room to raise an eyebrow at the dramatic entrance, and that dress. It was enough to make him ignore the sudden chill which swept over the room in her wake. "Huh," he drawled. "Guessing that's your Queen right there?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.