Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(2012 Winter Coronation) The Coronation

Page 5 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last

Magnus steps into the Throne room dressed in his somewhat typical Levis and plaid flannel shirt. His beard is full and white as snow, but somehow there is a spring in the old Wizened's step that wasn't there at the Autumn Halloween party. He heads over to the bar as usual, but rather than producing some bottle or the like, he pulls from his pocket a small bag. The bag is white, seemingly made from several layers of cheesecloth, and bulging with all sorts of small, odd shapes. He nods to Sam and points to a bottle of wine. "Magnum. Honey. Boil." With that explanation he tosses the bag to Sam trusting in the bartender's knowledge to figure out how to mull the wine.

Then, with a small smile on his face he turns and sits on a stool, leaning against the bar. He surveys the crowd and slowly takes catalog of who he knows and who he has yet to know.

He notes Rook and Anya heading toward the buffet, and Spartan speaking with Perry, which should prove interesting.

Of course he can't miss the beautiful Violet LeBlanc, who could? Though the Wizened felt he really should give her a call at some point. She had expressed an interest in his work that actually seemed genuine.

Of his own court he had of course nodded to Swilla at the door. Degnar was here, as normal, and the lovely L'aire, but he didn't yet see Smudge , and of course the Queen wasn't here yet. There were several Winter mantles present he didn't recognize though, so maybe she'd be calling another meeting soon?

The other three monarchs were here already, of course. Spartan seemed to have gone with the colors of winter in his wrappings, which earned a small twitch to the Brewer's smile. He needed to speak with the Summer King soon, but it wasn't time yet. There were several other things that had to be worked out first. Terri Nutkins seemed to be speaking with Mrs. Rosemary. The latter of the two Queens seemed to have included Dream-a-drupe into her baking this time, which caught Magnus' attention immediately. He was very keen to know where she had gotten the fruit and if he might be able to find some seeds for planting. That was the first step this year, so as soon as the wine was ready he had to be sure to go speak with the Spring Monarch.

There were a few others he recognized. Mr. Bates, of course, always the perfect host. Danny was here as well, and Pumpkin and Ion from the bar. But the rest were unfamiliar to him. He shrugs. That was alright, there were always new faces. He had been new himself a year ago. All in all, the Brewer is pleased with the past year since he left his Hollow and found the Freehold. He is eager to see Winter take the throne once more, and tonight he would be renewing his oath. Despite his fears a year ago, he seemed to actually belong here. Winter was here, and it was time to rest once more.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-27 12:45:53 Magnus rolls 3 to Int + Occult (10 Again) 3, 9, 8 2 successes

Perry diCarto

"I am glad to hear it," Perry replied to Spartan, smiling slightly at the gruff response. "I thought I would ask, since Apocalyptica was such a great show - will the Forge be having any concerts in the near future?"

Perry shot L'aire and Lou each a smile and nod in response to their waves, not wishing to be waving his arm rudely in Spartan's face, and returned his attention to the King of Wrath. He'd see L'aire and Lou later - and perhaps Santa would be nice to them.

ho, ho, ho....

I
    Irina

Anya carefully ease her way over to the buffet and carefully extended a hand toward the cups full of eggnog without managing to jostle someone. It was just as well, because she did not rate highly the chances of anyone's clothes surviving should her deadly talons accidentally brush too roughly across material; not to mention the bodies beneath.

She passed the cup to Rook, and smiled a quick greeting at the others around the buffet table. This evening, possibly because of the celebrations and the festive attitudes, the Draconic seemed less intent on freaking people out.

"This time, there is no subtle innuendo," Anya remarked, but couldn't quick halt a smirk crossing her face. It likely did not help her argument. She raised the cup and very gently tapped it to the one she gave the Metalflesh.

A
    Ambrose

1 suxx to identify fruitcake
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-28 05:50:29 Llewelyn rolls 4 to identify fruitcake contents (10 Again) 8, 6, 4, 3 1 success

Winter had arrived and the Winter Coronation had arrived. While he had missed his opportunity to dress in costume for the Autumn Halloween party, he certainly wasn’t missing his chance to dress up for the latest ceremony. Wearing his hedgespun raiment, a strange take on a southern gentleman’s outfit, he strode confidently into the midst of the party, his eyes doing a quick scan of the crowd to spot anyone he knew who wasn’t caught in conversation. Unable to spot a conversation he felt confident enough to interrupt, he headed over toward the buffet table, his eyes focusing on the unusual fruitcake in front of him. Dream-A-Dupe? Decedent, but undoubtedly delicious. His eyes looked upwards towards Mrs. Rosemary , the fearsome ogre present behind the table. “I don’t suppose you cooked this, did you ma’am? I’m impressed with your fruit choice, but I don’t remember this being how my mama used to cook a fruitcake.” Mind you, I doubt mama even knew how to cook a fruitcake. “M’names Llewelyn” He said, extending his hand forward to the ogre.

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Leah looks up into the white face of the Wizened and smiles, “I did, though it wasn’t too hard to find, I was given great directions.” She replied, clearly relieved to talk to a friendly face. Her eyes briefly take in his fangs before glancing around the room at his question, “Well, to be honest I feel a bit overwhelmed being here; it is my first time at an event like this. But the room is beautiful.”

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Once Degnar finished piling up a variety of food on his plate, he moved over to the magnificent fruit cake to grab a rather hearty slice of it. As he placed the slice on his plate, he heard a familiar voice nearby. He turned to face the Smith, since he wanted to thank him personaly for the present. However, what caught his eye wasn't Danny Tongs , but the woman he was speaking with.

The Tunnelgrub stood in his place, literally staring...for he couldn't help himself. Since his escape, this was the first time he had seen another one, and he wasn't exactly sure how he felt about it, or if he should feel anything at all. Was there some unspoken pact of solidarity that one had to uphold to with others that shared the same Kith? If there was, he really didn't know anything about it, but the other Tunnelgrub's presence definitely piqued his interest.

Should I approach them? Or would that be too weird?

The Archer hesitated for a moment, wondering whether he should approach Danny and the Darkling girl or not. Even though the plate in his hands was full of delicious food, his attention was focused elsewhere at the moment. Finally, he decided that it was best to walk over to them and say hello. After all, there was no such thing as too weird when it came to people like them. Or was there?

"Hello Danny," said Degnar to the Autumn Smith, giving him a slight nod before turning to address the Darkling woman with him. "Umm...hi," he said to her in a slightly awkward tone, tipping the brim of his hat in greeting.

K
    Kazakin

Danny, Degnar & Leah continue here

K
    Kazakin

Rook took the cup in careful fingers, since it would be a really, really poor start to the Winter Coronation to have to spend it mopping Eggnog and fragments of cup out of his suit jacket.

Freehold news: Katrin Byeli is ascendant. Red Victor spends evening destroying buffet.

The immediate flash that his brain threw up only made Anya's response more perplexing, and the Metalflesh gazed at her thoughtfully, trying to find out exactly where the innuendo in what she had just said was. The smirk was usually a good indication of one incoming, but he was completely thrown this time, and forced to yield.

He tapped his cup against hers with cautious restraint, and raised it to his lips.

"To Winter's Coronation," he said quietly, giving her a small smile, just at the corner of his mouth.

J
    Jarons20

“To Winter’s Coronation” Erik spoke up, raising his glass to the two Summer courtiers, he could feel a heat between them and thought it smart to move away after the toast…

With a plate full of food Erik turned his attention to the whole of the arriving citizens of the freehold. He saw a few faces but did not know the names, Shin, even Perry but Erik was a bit put out by the absence of Molly and Green, and also no discernible monarch of the Winter Court.

Making his way he remarked on the appearance of another Winter by the bar, or at least the man’s beard indicated he was a Winter.
    "To the Winter Coronation" ( Magnus Wight )

C
    Cherry

Leon was a bit more relaxed arriving to this corination, he had attended the previous one and things went off without too much of a problem. Granted he would perfer for it to not end in such a frigtening manner that the last one did.

He entered the throne room as nonchalonehetly as he would any place, his outfit was a wastecoat and tie but he had neglected to tuck his shirt in, surpirsingly not looking too odd on him, the thing that made him stand out here would be the red skin. people all around with winter themed dress and his skin is deep red in comparison.

he approaced the table of food only looking for some booze, the Hot chocalte was tempting too but maby later. Oblivious to otheres he took a glass and began to drink.

Page 5 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread