Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(2012 Winter Coronation) The Coronation

Page 4 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Stephen and Mr. Bates continue here

Ready for another wonderful party in the Sacramento Freehold, Violet hit strode through the doors of the throne room. The stunning woman sauntered in wearing a simply-gorgeous-eat-your-heart-out deep blue velvet dress and its cut was in all the right places. The only thing within her neckline was a beautiful golden necklace that hung against the perfection of her glowing skin.

Violet’s bewitching eyes met the room with excitement. The changing of Seasons was always a thrilling time, to experience to watch or to take in the splendor of the festivities. As she walked flowers met with her feet and vanished once again while moving through the Freehold’s main Hollow. Her sweet exotic flower fragrance permeated the air around her while the violets in her hair trickled here and there playing peek-a-boo in the flowing locks.

There were many the Nightsinger hadn’t met yet. And a few that she needed to catch up with on a happier note, like Mrs. Rosemary . The Spring’s nose took her in that very direction and she looked about to see if anyone else had hailed for the Spring Sovereign before her.

Violet's dress, without the bed

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Having noticed the striking Fairest ahead of him, Degnar figured it was best to follow close behind her. After all, it was certainly much easier to slip into a room unnoticed when the pretty lady walked ahead of you. With all eyes fixed on her, who would notice the Darkling? He doubted Swilla would notice him trying to sneak in, or care for that matter.

Walking behind the stunning Flowering, the Archer slipped into the growing crowd gathered within the Throne Room, pretending as if he had been there all along as he slowly made his way towards the buffet. Mrs. Rosemary's cooking was one of the main reasons why the Tunnelgrub bothered with coming to these social events.

That said, this evening also marked the changing of the seasons, and the night when the Freehold's crown would be passed onto his Queen. Not showing up for such an event would definitely look bad, which made him wonder if his Motley mate was already in attendance. Looking around for Smudge as he fetched himself a plate, Degnar quickly came to the realization that the one-eyed Ogre hadn't shown up yet.

I'm sure he'll be here later.

He then turned his attention back to the feast in front of him, not wasting any time as he began to pile all sorts of food onto his plate. As the Darkling noticed the fruit cake, he blinked his eyes a couple of times as he studied it a little closer. After his scrutiny of the Spring Queen's culinary masterpiece, he simply shrugged to himself and continued to serve himself more food.

That should be one hell of a fruit cake, that's for sure!

3 suxx, activated prior to entering the Hollow, Catch met. 3 suxx to slip in unnoticed, 1 suxx to identify fruit
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-26 22:05:35 Degnar rolls 5 to Int+Occult (10 Again) 1, 3, 7, 9, 6 1 success
    2012-12-26 21:53:10 Degnar rolls 11 to Wits+Stealth+3 (Shadowpatch) to slip in unnoticed (9 Again) 2, 5, 4, 8, 1, 1, 1, 10, 1, 5, 10, 6, 4 3 successes
    2012-12-26 21:35:54 Degnar rolls 7 to Shadowpatch (10 Again) 2, 7, 10, 7, 7, 2, 8, 8 3 successes

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

"Right. Our names rhyme, Terri," she states matter-of-factly, "so you've got no excuse to forget!" She giggles at her own mock-melodramatic conclussion, and turns back towards the food and its impressive purveyor.

"Looks better than any fruit cake I've ever seen. Let me know the next time you have an opportunity to show me something. Being a lay-about means I have a lot of free time," she jokes, though in reality she did actually pay the hotel for her room - not its full rate, but hey, what can a part-time bartender and student be expected to do? Eat a little of everything at this buffet, is what!

And so, she continued to stack as much as she could fit on her plate as the highly formal holiday cheer-like-emotion sallied forth from the rather stiff, but trying to be less so, man that approached. "Merry X-mas," she replied, pronouncing the letter X as such. Maybe I watch too many cartoons mused the Muse, scooting a bit to the side to give the man room as she finished her plate arrangement. Withdrawing a pace from the table to leave it more obviously clear, she starts eating as she stands about and looks friendly.

I
    Irina

"I think that can count," Anya nodded and let her attention drift across to the buffet table. It appeared to be filling up quickly, but by now she wasn't surprised by that in the slightest. Mrs Rosemary's food was like a drug. But for now she would just settle for the eggnog, instead of having an elbow fight with someone to grab a few pickings.

"Let's get some," she suggested, instead of breaking away immediately. Anyone who might have needed help had, so far, found the aid they needed. They could have a moment longer talking about non-serious topics.

"I can't remember if I like it, and I think a little experiment is in order."

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Leah made her way slowly into the room, eyes taking in not only the decorations, but the various and numerous Mein around. This event was new to her, but not unknown. She had heard stories of the changing of the Seasons, but had never been allowed to attend. She picked a dark brown suede dress for the evening, her hair down and slightly curled, hoping she was appropriately dressed.

She sees a few faces she recognizes from the park, which helped ease her nerves a little, but not much. With so many new faces around, the Darkling couldn’t help but be nervous, so she decides to get some hot chocolate, hoping the warm drink would calm her a bit more.

K
    Kazakin

Danny carefully took a slice of the delicious looking fruitcake, and moved away from the buffet to avoid holding up the line. He knew full well just how busy the food areas always became within about ten minutes of everyone arriving. It was a good thing Mrs. Rosemary liked cooking so much, because with the amount of food the Freehold ate at the Coronations and other gatherings...

...Well, the Smith was relatively sure it would have made most experienced caterers cry out in anguish. His gaze flickered briefly to the Freehold Emblem, seeking out the small figurine of Mrs. Rosemary on the vibrantly green Spring side. He'd never quite been able to figure out where it produced the cakes from. That was one of the delights of Hedgespinning. Sometimes things surprised even their makers.

He bit into the fruitcake, savouring the flavour of the Dream-A-Dupes. They were a rare treat, and something of a favourite of his, if they were grown well.

His black eyes skimmed the area, and he spotted the new Darkling entering the Commons. The Smith raised a long-fingered hand in greeting and headed over.

"Hello, Leah Spencer . I see you found the place then,"
    Danny said, with a slight smile. The movement made his short, hooked fangs very obvious. "What do you think?"

S
    Shin Wei

Shin and John continue here

K
    Kazakin

Rook glanced up as more people entered, including Degnar who seemed to be trying to make his way into the buffet as stealthily as possible. The Metalflesh presumed that the Darkling was ensuring no one demolished his favourite food before he managed to get there, since he couldn't see anything untoward happening, but he kept an eye out just in case.

It was his job to watch for these things, after all.

He gave Violet LeBlanc a little nod of welcome, if only because he rather felt that the woman should be able to enter a room, with a normal welcome, without being attacked due to someone's jealousy.

"You want to try it because you can't remember if you like it or not?"
    the Metalflesh said bemusedly, his gaze flickering back to the enticing purple Draconic next to him. "Well, I suppose there are worse things not to remember. Why do I feel as if you're making some sort of subtle joke that I don't get?"

Saw that!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-27 11:43:11 Rook rolls 6 to Spotting a sneaky Degnar (10 Again) 10, 1, 5, 6, 9, 7, 9 3 successes

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou arrived to the coronation garbed in all black, as a testament to the season, and to showoff the most fabulous work of the Freehold's resident tailor, Terri Nutkins , as it was she herself who cut and spun the suit for the Draconic. Winter was a time of silence and sorrow, so Lou was particularly quiet on this coronation day. He scoped the room as he entered, giving a wave to those he was comfortable enough to call friends, namely L'aire and Perry diCarto . He then took a trip to the buffet table, where he glared at the food hungrily, but did not partake. He took a look towards Mrs. Rosemary and smiled, greeting her with a row of pearly, white teeth.

Page 4 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread